September 25, 2018, 09:24:49 PM

Author Topic: Jalen Ramsey's comments on QB's amusingly analyzed  (Read 281 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Jalen Ramsey's comments on QB's amusingly analyzed
« on: August 16, 2018, 05:26:29 PM »
The Jalen Ramsey interview in GQ is getting some attention, so here is an article breaking down what he said about some NFL QB's, and the author's comments on what Ramsey said. Not hilarious, but amusing.

https://slate.com/culture/2018/08/jalen-ramsey-josh-allen-fact-checking-the-jaguars-cornerbacks-quarterback-evaluations.html
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Jalen Ramsey's comments on QB's amusingly analyzed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 04:45:25 PM »
Just another attention whore trying to be outrageous.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 05:34:49 AM »
yes, but he is more or less right.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 05:53:28 AM »

I actually agree with most of Ramsey's evaluations. Though the "doesn't suck" application to Rodgers and Brady is breathtakingly underwhelming. But "Matty Ice" Ryan? Put the heat on him, and he melts like a popsicle in south Texas in August. Flacco? He won a SB. Even though it took a power failure in the Super Dome to allow his team to regroup and not get blown out by the 'Niners. Eli? He got hot twice in the playoffs, but overall, mediocre at best. Garoppollo? Do a few games make a career? We'll see what happens now that teams have film on him, and can see how to shut him down. I expect Wade Phillips defense to shut him down completely  when they play this year. So, where did he err? He answered questions when asked about QB's in the NFL. His responses are from a very confident, very good defensive player. To call him a "attention whore" is at least as outrageous as his QB evaluations. I'm actually surprised you took this so personally, RT, since you are usually a top notch poster on this board. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 07:00:32 AM »
How about interviewing a QB to give an evaluation of Ramsey and say he’s a so-so CB that might be slightly near-sighted.
Then see if he responds.
 >:D

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 07:59:14 AM »

I actually agree with most of Ramsey's evaluations. Though the "doesn't suck" application to Rodgers and Brady is breathtakingly underwhelming. But "Matty Ice" Ryan? Put the heat on him, and he melts like a popsicle in south Texas in August. Flacco? He won a SB. Even though it took a power failure in the Super Dome to allow his team to regroup and not get blown out by the 'Niners. Eli? He got hot twice in the playoffs, but overall, mediocre at best. Garoppollo? Do a few games make a career? We'll see what happens now that teams have film on him, and can see how to shut him down. I expect Wade Phillips defense to shut him down completely  when they play this year. So, where did he err? He answered questions when asked about QB's in the NFL. His responses are from a very confident, very good defensive player. To call him a "attention whore" is at least as outrageous as his QB evaluations. I'm actually surprised you took this so personally, RT, since you are usually a top notch poster on this board.

Didn't take it personal ricky, but I do think it says a lot about the person making those statements. Any time a professional in any profession  feels the need to discredit and belittle the accompishments of others in their line work in an attempt to make themself look or feel better is not as confident of a person as they try to portray.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 11:36:57 AM »
My biggest issue with his comments is that he's only been in the league for two years, which means he hasn't even played against every team, yet.

The young man needs to do some growing up. Belittling fellow "union" members isn't a nice look for a 23 year old entering his 3rd year in the league.

How do some of the people he commented about feel about his "amusing" comments?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/football/matt-ryan-responds-jalen-ramsey/HF5avBtm5GuQvbGhHPgY0K/

https://sports.yahoo.com/matthew-staffords-wife-jalen-ramseys-comments-complete-waste-time-space-142509330.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmM2ELSzzJU

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 07:54:57 PM »
For anyone who is interested in reading what Ramsey actually said, here is a link to the GQ interview.

https://www.gq.com/story/jalen-ramsey-trash-talk-nfl-interview