December 15, 2018, 11:42:11 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bears v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 2909 times)

Offline whiterook87

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Bears v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2018, 04:14:40 AM »

David J. Chao, MD

@ProFootballDoc

.@AaronRodgers12 is back for 2nd half. No big ACL type brace but appears to have a hinged sleeve with metal stays on side like would be used with a mild MCL sprain.
10:19 PM - Sep 9, 2018

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-aaron-rodgers-knee-mcl-packers-bears-0909-story.html
You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2018, 06:24:10 AM »
Never was in favor of extending Rodgers with an oline that can't keep him upright. Offense looks like much the same, lacks speed and creativity. Jones would help, i keep asking myself why we even have ty... he is our one versatile player that we don't use.
Glad the offense made adjustments, and I hope we stick with the quick passes going forward.

Would like to see Graham utilized more, and I think getting Jones speed on the field in a couple weeks will be a big help but right now continue the focus on keeping Rodgers off the ground. Offensive line really turned things around fortunately.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2018, 08:25:11 AM »
In deepdiving into the Bears roster this morning it is clear that this is not the same old Bears. They have quietly put together a solid and fairly deep roster. Fangio defenses have historically given Rodgers and the Packers some troubles and would not be surprised to see some of the same on sunday. Hicks has grown into a special player on the D-line and with Mack and Floyd coming off the edges, they could be a disruptive group.

Their offense could be a greatly improved group this season also. Mitchell Trubisky played better as a rookie than most Packers fans care to admit and with a full offseason to digest his year I would not be surprised to see a Goff-like second year leap. Their interior OL is very good and their group of skill players is surprisingly good and deep.

Chicago will be a tough out week after week this season no matter who they are playing. They are building a team with staying power and in the years to come they are going to be a force in the NFC North.

I still believe that the Packers have the top X-factor with Rodgers, but the margin for error is not as great as it once was with the Bears. The packers staff and players know the Bears are going to be a handful sunday night, even if a good percentage of fans believe it will be a cakewalk.

Expecting a hard fought win, a division win. Any win is a good win, just get the season started 1-0.

Go Pack Go!     

^This

The Bears are a team that is only going to get better as the season continues on. They may have went in at half feeling they had the game won already, but as a young team they will learn from that. They are building something that Bears fans will take pride in for years to come.