September 25, 2018, 10:16:17 PM

Author Topic: Great editorial on kneeling issue  (Read 509 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Great editorial on kneeling issue
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 11:31:47 AM »
The Hunt letter is a hoax. There was a rant by Jerry Jones, but Hunt never did the same. Please check your sources before putting out false narratives. Thanks.

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/33642016/clark-hunt-letter-circulating-about-national-anthem-is-a-hoax

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jerry-jones-speech-911/

Here is an actual statement on the anthem controversy by Mr. Hunt.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/24/clark-hunt-releases-statement-on-national-anthem-protests/

LMG, you accuse me of "not getting it" because I disagree with you. No, we are just looking at the same issue and coming to different conclusions. The players have made it crystal clear they are NOT protesting the anthem or what it stands for; they are instead protesting DURING the anthem to draw attention to an issue they believe should be addressed. This is a fact. You are absolutely sure that their behavior is disrespectful to the military/vets/nation/anthem/all that is good about America. To you, that is a fact. I believe that is an opinion. So, yes, I  "get it". As I wrote before, we will never agree on this issue. So, just as its best to be the lead dog, perhaps its best to let sleeping dogs lie. 

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 12:14:10 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 03:22:19 PM »
ricky. I tried a half dozen times to frame another reply to the collective of LMG, The GM, Bignutz, Mark Lawrence. I deleted all of them because I came to the conclusion anything I said would be discounted by all of them. I applaud you for making an effort and actually taking on a counter-view.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
ricky. I tried a half dozen times to frame another reply to the collective of LMG, The GM, Bignutz, Mark Lawrence. I deleted all of them because I came to the conclusion anything I said would be discounted by all of them. I applaud you for making an effort and actually taking on a counter-view.

Thanks. I'm a retired teacher, who still tries to educate. Also, teaching gave me lots of experience in  banghead

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
I like educating people also ricky.

Let me just ask one thing so I completely understand your thinking....Are you completely OK with the protesting going on during OUR National Anthem in the NFL Stadiums/Venues by some NFL Players?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 08:42:08 PM »
I like educating people also ricky.

Let me just ask one thing so I completely understand your thinking....Are you completely OK with the protesting going on during OUR National Anthem in the NFL Stadiums/Venues by some NFL Players?

Yes.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
We're all done here.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!