O line
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:04:19 PM »
Totally man handled by the Bears.

Offline BrianShetty

• HOF Member
Re: O line
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 08:33:04 PM »
In the first half. The second half had a new storyline
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 07:17:47 AM »
True, I spoke to soon. Before the legend himself retook the field!

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »
It really was pretty bizarre.  Chicago was totally, absolutely dominating the o-line early, Bulaga had no chance, RG had no chance.  Then suddenly it turned around and they protected him shocking well.  It was kind of bizzarre.  Part I imagine was maybe Mack getting tired?  And I think they were kind of in "prevent" mode for a while, which helped Green Bay.  But kinda weird how they were getting totally manhandled... and then they weren't. 

The o-line certainly didn't look very excellent on the predictable first-down-runs-up-the-middle, though. 

Offline Premontre1969

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
Manhanled by the Redskins as well. I think this unit is our greatest concern. We don’t have the talent there to get us to the promised land. I have some hope for our defensive backfield to improve as the season goes on but the OL just doesn’t seem to have that potential. I hope I’m wrong.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »
Rodgers wont make it through the season with this bunch.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 04:08:54 PM »
Now there are allegedly two injuries there to our RT and RG.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
Our OL is designed and trained for a mobile QB. Rodgers will regain his mobility soon, then the OL will miraculously improve
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 10:10:56 AM »
Tom Silverstein

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
 5m5 minutes ago
More
#Packers practice: TE Jimmy Graham (unspecified), G Justin McCray (shoulder) and OLB Nick Perry (concussion) join CB Kevin King and Aaron Rodgers sitting out. T Bryan Bulaga IS practicing.

With Bulaga practicing it should be a strong indication that he will be playing on sunday.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 12:10:40 PM »
Tom Silverstein

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
 5m5 minutes ago
More
#Packers practice: TE Jimmy Graham (unspecified), G Justin McCray (shoulder) and OLB Nick Perry (concussion) join CB Kevin King and Aaron Rodgers sitting out. T Bryan Bulaga IS practicing.

With Bulaga practicing it should be a strong indication that he will be playing on sunday.

I'll bet BB has a chiropractor on speed dial 24/7. Keep that back aligned and loose baby!

Offline Premontre1969

• Rookie
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2018, 02:37:13 PM »
OL looked good today against the Bills. I have new hope that this unit is better than I thought. Go Pack!

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
Yes, they did well. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2018, 05:54:14 PM »
Defense improved, offensive line improved. Could it be that with repititions in real games, the guys are getting back into the swing of things? On defense, they are starting to learn a new system, and rather than thinking, are simply reacting and making more plays. The OL didn't play as a unit in the exhibition season. After a bad start against the Bears, they have been up and down, but seem to be getting more cohesive. Something that should happen on both sides of the ball as they play together more. Also, apparently Rodgers was more mobile in the game. So, perhaps he is slowly but surely healing. From my perspective, the arrow is point "up" for the team.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2018, 09:36:32 PM »
It appears to me Aaron had a bone bruise, not a partial MCL. He's clearly healing, much faster than a partial MCL.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2018, 04:38:00 PM »
O- line , especially the guards need a massive upgrade. Watching the saints shred the eagles, one thing stood out. Brees had all day, hardly pressured at all . We need to protect Rodgers better. No more undrafted street free agents or over the hill past there prime players. Alot of money invested in Rodgers. Time to do that with the oline too. A free agent and high draft pick would be a good start. Don't have anybody in mind but it's something we should consider.