September 25, 2018, 10:14:50 PM

Author Topic: Bears game thoughts  (Read 1071 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Bears game thoughts
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 08:02:26 PM »

Ageed, Perry played very well last night.

This not an attempt to be a smart*ss, but if a person stops watching the ball they will get a better grasp of who really is playing well.

I guess you were watching the ball too much because Perry was mediocre vs. CHI. Shinesman, PFF and I all agree.

EDGE grades/rankings:

Matthews  29.9 / 95th
Perry        49.5 / 83rd
Gilbert      68.9 / 28th

Matthews stunk on ice. Everybody saw that. Perry wasn't much of factor either, but considering he's hardly played this preseason, that was to be expected. He'll improve. Gilbert was the best performer, that was obvious. All those grades make sense.

Some other grades of interest:

CB:
Jackson        78.6 / 10th       
Alexander     76.2 / 18th
Williams        68.1 / 44th
King             53.0 / 80th

OL:
Bakhtiari        84.1 / 2nd
Bulaga           58.8 / 48th
Taylor            66.6 / 19th
McCray          68.4 / 14th
Linsley           59.8 / 22nd

See if you can connect the dots here Yakker. PPF has Brice graded out at 62.9 which according to them was 8th on the defense, yet MM stated that Brice graded out the highest of any defensive player against the Bears. I think I will ride with the Packers evaluation since they actually know what a players responsibility is on a play and pass on yours and PFF's.

Garbage in, garbage out.

Remember to stop watching the ball now.   

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:32 AM »
Who were the inactives on Sunday?  I'm just curious based on all of the months of "who-will-make-the-roster" discussions.  And I'm curious in terms of considering who are candidates to leave when Jones arrives. 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 07:15:51 AM »
Who were the inactives on Sunday?  I'm just curious based on all of the months of "who-will-make-the-roster" discussions.  And I'm curious in terms of considering who are candidates to leave when Jones arrives.

The inactives were;

8 QB Tim Boyle
11 WR Trevor Davis
27 S Josh Jones
36 S Raven Greene
42 LB Oren Burks
70 T/G Alex Light
82 WR J'Mon Moore

I would be a little surprised if one of these departs for Jones' return. IMO

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 07:27:58 AM »

Ageed, Perry played very well last night.

This not an attempt to be a smart*ss, but if a person stops watching the ball they will get a better grasp of who really is playing well.

I guess you were watching the ball too much because Perry was mediocre vs. CHI. Shinesman, PFF and I all agree.

EDGE grades/rankings:

Matthews  29.9 / 95th
Perry        49.5 / 83rd
Gilbert      68.9 / 28th

Matthews stunk on ice. Everybody saw that. Perry wasn't much of factor either, but considering he's hardly played this preseason, that was to be expected. He'll improve. Gilbert was the best performer, that was obvious. All those grades make sense.

Some other grades of interest:

CB:
Jackson        78.6 / 10th       
Alexander     76.2 / 18th
Williams        68.1 / 44th
King             53.0 / 80th

OL:
Bakhtiari        84.1 / 2nd
Bulaga           58.8 / 48th
Taylor            66.6 / 19th
McCray          68.4 / 14th
Linsley           59.8 / 22nd

See if you can connect the dots here Yakker. PPF has Brice graded out at 62.9 which according to them was 8th on the defense, yet MM stated that Brice graded out the highest of any defensive player against the Bears. I think I will ride with the Packers evaluation since they actually know what a players responsibility is on a play and pass on yours and PFF's.

Garbage in, garbage out.

"Kentrell Brice played outstanding,” Head Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. “We have a grading system and he clearly had the highest grade on the defensive side of the ball.”
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »

The inactives were;

8 QB Tim Boyle
11 WR Trevor Davis
27 S Josh Jones
36 S Raven Greene
42 LB Oren Burks
70 T/G Alex Light
82 WR J'Mon Moore

Trevor Davis sent to IR and that extra DB guy got signed.

My guess is that he is the odd man out when Jones comes back

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 07:38:12 AM »
According to PFF Brice graded out as the 3rd best safety for the Packers sunday night, not 3rd best defensive player but 3rd best safety.

Brice 62.9
Clinton-Dix 70.4
Whitehead 74.7

On the offensive side of the ball PFF graded Rodgers out at 64.2, 8th best for the Packers on that side of the ball. According to PFF Rodgers just isn't getting it done. ::)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 07:44:50 AM »
According to PFF Brice graded out as the 3rd best safety for the Packers sunday night, not 3rd best defensive player but 3rd best safety.

Brice 62.9
Clinton-Dix 70.4
Whitehead 74.7

On the offensive side of the ball PFF graded Rodgers out at 64.2, 8th best for the Packers on that side of the ball. According to PFF Rodgers just isn't getting it done. ::)

Do I detect a hint of skepticism about the PFF rankings? Just curious.  ;D
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2018, 07:47:43 AM »

The inactives were;

8 QB Tim Boyle
11 WR Trevor Davis
27 S Josh Jones
36 S Raven Greene
42 LB Oren Burks
70 T/G Alex Light
82 WR J'Mon Moore

Trevor Davis sent to IR and that extra DB guy got signed.

My guess is that he is the odd man out when Jones comes back

That does seem like the logical choice right now, but as Gute continues to churn the last few spots on the roster I would not be surprise if someone else was moved off. RB Jackson or LB Toomer would not be a shock either.

With all the snaps that DB's played and House did not play a single snap on defense, is it possible a trade may be on the horizon? 

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 08:03:42 AM »

Garbage in, garbage out.

"Kentrell Brice played outstanding,” Head Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. “We have a grading system and he clearly had the highest grade on the defensive side of the ball.”

Mike wasn't the only one.at Lambeau who appreciated Brice's play:

“He’s an animal,” said inside linebacker Blake Martinez of Brice. “You see him out there flying to the ball. He knows what he’s doing on every single play. He’s making sure people are in the right spots.

“It’s been awesome to see him grow. Obviously, we’ve seen his hits and his tackles. He makes his presence known. It’s been awesome.”
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:04:26 AM by B »
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi