November 19, 2018, 09:22:27 AM

Author Topic: DeShone Kizer...  (Read 1000 times)

Offline B

• HOF Member
DeShone Kizer...
« on: September 10, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »
... gave away 10 points through panic. He stepped right into Mack on the strip sack after driving the team into the red zone sparking the first offensive signs of life.
Kiwi
His panic gift pick 6 to Mack was a regression to his play in Cleveland last season. He is young, but those are mistakes he just cannot continue to make. MM deserves a dose of blame as well. Had he chosen not to put his youngster in harms way on 3rd and 19, the half time score would have been a more manageable 10 to 0

The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: DeShone Kizer...
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
Hope Kizer is getting a little kickback from Mack. Kizer single handedly on two plays has already turned Mack into a Chicago legend.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:25:19 AM »
At some point Rodgers is going to go down this year, might be for a game, a month, or the season.   After last year with Hundley and last night with Kizer , McCarthy's fate very well could be in Kizers hands.   I'm not sure McCarthy survives another season like last year.   Kizer needs to be prepared to play. 

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 10:01:42 AM »
One good thing is that Rodgers will not practice this week and Kizer will get a ton of reps so he should be better prepared.   Fingers crossed

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »
One good thing is that Rodgers will not practice this week and Kizer will get a ton of reps so he should be better prepared.   Fingers crossed

I rewatched the game and while the 2 turnover plays stand out, he actually wasnt bad, he moved the ball fairly well, threw some nice passes.  The 2 turnovers were piss poor awareness and that needs to be the focus.  He has work to do, but did some things to build with.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:25:53 AM by The GM »

Offline morango

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 02:57:21 PM »
I like Kizer better than Hundley and his debut was okay I guess. I noticed he has started chewing gum during the game like hundley does. That bugs me. Not sure why these guys are doing that.

I’m starting to wonder if Boyle might prove to be better than both of them.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 03:12:13 PM »
The Packers gave Hundley three years to develop. There were many on here who were very enamored of him, until he actually played in some games that counted. Kizer seems to have more athleticism, but has some bad tendencies to go with his good attributes in the game. Can he be taught to be a better decision maker? How long should the Packers put into trying to make him a better QB? A year? Two years? How long should the team wait and see if he develops into a better QB? Can better decision making be taught, or is it innate?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 08:30:13 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
Follow Follow @ByRyanWood
More
On DeShone Kizer, McCarthy emphasizing the importance of avoiding turnovers: "You can't play quarterback, period, if you can't take care of the football." Says Kizer needs to learn from the two turnovers Sunday night.

Kind of exactly my thoughts.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More
On DeShone Kizer, McCarthy emphasizing the importance of avoiding turnovers: "You can't play quarterback, period, if you can't take care of the football." Says Kizer needs to learn from the two turnovers Sunday night.

else.
When I read comments like this from MM, I always think of things like "pad level", and after a particularly poor performance in some area, "We're going to address that." And this time  I really think he means it. Because the game Sunday showed a lot of changes being made during the game, as the original gameplan was adapted to the situation. We didn't see that when Hundley had to replace AR, But with a new boss, perhaps MM realizes its time to show better results or else. Less stubborness, more adaptability. 
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More

else.
When I read comments like this from MM, I always think of things like "pad level", and after a particularly poor performance in some area, "We're going to address that." And this time  I really think he means it. Because the game Sunday showed a lot of changes being made during the game, as the original gameplan was adapted to the situation. We didn't see that when Hundley had to replace AR, But with a new boss, perhaps MM realizes its time to show better results or else. Less stubborness, more adaptability.

Agree 100%.  I dont recall him saying anything like that about Hundley last year.    Maybe he did, but he really doesnt have to say it to the media, but I found it surprising that he did today.   Its kind of obvious you have to protect the ball, but McCarthy saying it makes me wonder why he said it.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 01:26:20 PM »
Ryan Wood

Verified account

@ByRyanWood
More

else.

MM knows that if he doesn't produce this year he's likely out the door.

So, Yeah, I think he finally means it this time.