October 16, 2018, 12:33:27 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1510 times)

Online MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »
carnival

I am going to guess what you had written down because your run on sentence made little sense.  The Vikings wouldn't have been marching down the field, Crosby wouldn't have missed the FG, and there wouldn't of been a read option play for Rodgers (bad knee and all) to slip on running for a first down if the refs wouldn't called roughing the passer on Clay. 

I am out of here.  It is 3:57 a.m. where I am.  Time for bed. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:57:23 PM by MrJuly4th »

Offline Raff

• Starter
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2018, 01:56:59 PM »
The official who called roughing the passer on Clay should be fired tomorrow.   Is he supposed to stop in midair?

Offline BIG LEGEND

• Starter
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2018, 02:01:48 PM »
That call on C!ay was horrendous - my goodness, if you can't do that what can you do. The officials played way to big a role in the game

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »
Agree that Kenny King injury crippled the Packers’ ability to defend the pass. Tramon showed his age a little, and House showed he’s shaky at best...again.

That said, the Packers had plenty of chances to score TDs and had to settle for FGs. Yes, I know they had a ‘6’  taken off the board by a penalty and there’s no doubt the Packers had many penalties called that really derailed them.

But for crying out loud, against a quality team, you’ve got to stick the ball in the end zone a couple more times when you’ve got those opportunities! Marcedes Lewis anyone? And I hardly heard Ty Montgomery’s name in the second half.

Thanks goodness for Mason Crosby!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2018, 02:16:10 PM »
I can't take this anymore!

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
Per Demovsky:

"Referee Tony Corrente said Clay Matthews was penalized because "when he hit the quarterback he lifted him and drove him into the ground." It had nothing to do with the new rules protecting the QB, Corrente said in a pool report. Full pool report to come.”

Watching the replay it looks to me like Cousins lifted himself off the ground when he made the throw:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/9/16/17867328/clay-matthews-roughing-the-passer-kirk-cousins-vikings-packers

That being written, my original post is still my bottom line. The Packers had multiple opportunities to put this game away by scoring touchdowns, and they just couldn’t get it done. But there were still a number of backbreaking penalties called against them...

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2018, 03:10:19 PM »
Tweet by Steve Hyden, a Wisconsinite living in Minneapolis:

”The Packers were robbed and the Vikings drove the getaway car into a tree.”

As bad as this game tastes, I had to laugh out loud at this!  () - : #

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
I thought the penalty on Clay was, um, boloney. Then just a few plays later they sack Aaron, a second guys piles on after Aaron is clearly down, not a squeak. That's when I got mad.

I don't like the new rule so well, but I can live with it if it's enforced on both teams.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline carnival

• Starter
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2018, 03:18:49 PM »
Mr. Fourth I apologize for calling you out by name I should have started out my comments with a simple I wouldn't blame the refs I am sorry have a wonderful day

Offline Raff

• Starter
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:37 PM »
I will watch the replay later, but Clay seemed to execute a perfect pressure-tackle play...  if that play isn't legal, let's go to flag football...

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »
I will watch the replay later, but Clay seemed to execute a perfect pressure-tackle play...  if that play isn't legal, let's go to flag football...

Exactly
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2018, 05:23:07 PM »
after King went down that changed the defenses dynamic. If King is healthy I think our defense is at least on par with Minnesota's. Hopefully he is back next week

Groin injury. Here is what Acme had to say when House replaced King, and boy, were they right, unfortunately:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2018/9/16/17867050/packers-cb-kevin-king-questionable-to-return-with-groin-injury
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid