October 15, 2018, 03:19:32 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1509 times)

Offline carnival

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Vikings v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 08:54:02 AM »
I just finished watching the Vikings against San Francisco and I think there's plenty of room for us to win this game if the defense can play for quarters.....
The 49ers shot themselves in the foot several times with turnovers and not necessarily because of the defense I really believe we can win this game with tosses to the tight end and running over the right side ....I really think we have this one.... I will be shocked if we do not win I think we got it

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 09:02:59 AM »
Lot of quick throws today.  Rodgers completion totals should be high.  Great day to unwrap Rodgers new toy Jimmy Graham.   We'll see.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 09:11:10 AM »
Expect the Vikes to try to shut down the run and put some extra pressure on AR. They'll be well aware that the Packers will try to run uptempo/no huddle and go for shorter, quicker passes. So, they'll probably be pressing the WR's and trying to disrupt the timing between WRs and Rodgers, to make him hesitate that extra half second that would be enough to make him throw it away. At the same time, hopefully MM and Philbin know what the Vikes will do, and have some new wrinkles/formations to relieve the pressure and take advantage of possible mismatches, such as Graham on a LBer. As long as they don't stubbornly stick to iso routes where the WR's are supposed to beat the coverage, or longer developing routes.

Offensively, the Vikes are well balanced, and their WR's have given the Packers a hard time the last few years. However, will the addition of the new CB's and the return of Williams level the field? Or will the rookies get schooled? They also need to account for Cook on every down. As far as Cousins goes, I believe he's more likely to throw a couple of passes up for grabs. If/when he does, the DB's need to catch the ball and create the turnover. And if the Packers defense can get them off the field on three downs, rather than letting them constantly make first downs on third and long, that would be a very welcome change.

The outcome? Choose a side, and flip a coin until you get the outcome you want. Because I expect this to be a tough, well fought game as long as Rodgers is under center. If he goes, so do the Packers chances.

Just saw this speculation about Rodgers's injury. It seems to make sense, but it means he'll be hobbled the rest of the season, since the cure for the injury is apparently rest. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/16/making-sense-of-the-aaron-rodgers-knee-injury/
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 09:17:29 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »
Geronimo!!!!! Big play in back to back weeks
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
-Vince Lombardi

Online BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 10:21:57 AM »
Geronimo blocks punt. Josh Jackson recovers in endzone. Touchdown Green Bay Extra point good 7 - 0 GB
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
Then special teams and defense folds immediately after lol
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:37 AM »
touchdown Vikings Cousins to Treadwell. 7 - 7
-Vince Lombardi

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
Running game seems to be working. Stick with it. Irritated that there are still no  rub routes, no bunches, nothing creative passwise
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 10:39:29 AM »
Hello from Vietnam..

We have 45 yards rushing .. only 1st quarter

Online BrianShetty

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 10:44:36 AM »
Touchdown Rodgers to Adams who does a shake and bake to beat Xavier Rhodes 14 - 7 GB
-Vince Lombardi

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 10:45:58 AM »

That's the problem with instant analysis, it can be reversed in a blink. This game is going to be another one for the ages.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 10:47:29 AM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 10:46:21 AM »
Touchdown Rodgers to Adams who does a shake and bake to beat Xavier Rhodes 14 - 7 GB

Adam's doesnt get enough credit for his shiftiness in short space. That was good.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 10:47:57 AM »

Apparently some people didn't learn anything from last week's game. Because he who laughs last, has the last laugh.

Apparently some people just always read far into things to start arguing. I said the special teams folded after giving up a 40 yard return. Then the defense gave up multiple.big plays to give the TD back. I didnt say the game was over. Find something better to do with your time than troll.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 10:56:48 AM »
JK Scott!!!!

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 10:57:53 AM »
Good use of a 5th round pick.  Nice Punt!