November 20, 2018, 03:55:37 PM

Author Topic: LeVeon Bell Rumors  (Read 672 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
LeVeon Bell Rumors
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:01 PM »
Some internet fodder out there about the Packers and LeVeon Bell.    Probably nothing to it, but it is interesting to say the least.  The Steelers arent reportedly shopping him yet, but its not stopping some "Bell possibly to Green Bay" talk.   Much like Oakland wasnt shopping Mack a few weeks back. 

What would a trade like this do for the Packers and Rodgers on the field? 

What would it take to get him in a trade?  (Im not giving up the farm or anything close for him)

(Red Flag) He's been busted  a couple of times for PED use, Could you do a deal with him and tie it to PED use?

Hes 26, if you sign him,  its top money, is he worth it?  Would Gute pay that for a RB?  Hes great in the passing game, but would he do anything behind our OL?

Pittsburgh is in a pickle.   Conner is doing good so far, but Bell can come in week 10 (I believe), get credit for a year and become a FA at years end. Bell is also losing $855K per game.   

Doesnt seem like a Gute move but its interesting.   

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:34:55 PM by The GM »

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Re: LeVeon Bell Rumors
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:11:54 PM »
I don't want him. Issues and $$$$$.

If we wanna run the ball better, we need a better zone blocking scheme. Watch Philly - their guys all move sideways on runs, just as you expect in a zone scheme. Their runners look for cutback lanes. Our guys block straight ahead and, as you would expect from a zone OL, get essentially no movement. We're misusing our OL. A new RB won't cure that.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 08:54:32 AM »
We also have Jones who is a pretty good back in his own right.  Bell is sitting out he would have made 14 mil this year.  Contract demands are too high for this guy.  Not sure what it would take for Pitt to trade him.  He's really not worth a very high pick considering the cash.  Maybe a 3rd rounder.  Don't think they will trade him.  He'll either report to the team or sit out all season.  The longer he sits the more his value declines.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
We also have Jones who is a pretty good back in his own right.  Bell is sitting out he would have made 14 mil this year.  Contract demands are too high for this guy.  Not sure what it would take for Pitt to trade him.  He's really not worth a very high pick considering the cash.  Maybe a 3rd rounder.  Don't think they will trade him.  He'll either report to the team or sit out all season.  The longer he sits the more his value declines.

Bell won't sit out the sseason. There is a timeframe he has to meet to gain another accrued year in the NFL so he can be a FA next ylear. But that won't happen until around week 10. Would Pittsburgh trade him? Depends on how well James Conner during the time Bell is gone. In his first game, Conner had 135 rushing and another 57 receiving. If he can carry for 75-100 per game and get 50-75 a game receiving, I'd think Pitt would be satisfied. Bell is obviously not going to be with the team next year (think of Cousins in Washington), so why not trade him and get something, rather than letting him go in FA? Though if the comp pick would be higher than another team offers, keeping him would be the right move.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
Getting Bell is a moot point at this time.

He was Franchise Tagged and has not signed his tag.

Thus meaning he cannot be traded by Pittsburgh at this time, since the deadline for signing FT's has come and gone.

He would have to play under the current FT this year (he has until the Tuesday following Week 10 to sign the FT and still earn an accrued season as a player), and then the Steelers could either try to extend him (after this season is over) or let him walk in UFA and get a comp pick for him.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:15:33 PM by dannobanano »

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 05:48:04 PM »
I don't want him. Issues and $$$$$.

If we wanna run the ball better, we need a better zone blocking scheme. Watch Philly - their guys all move sideways on runs, just as you expect in a zone scheme. Their runners look for cutback lanes. Our guys block straight ahead and, as you would expect from a zone OL, get essentially no movement. We're misusing our OL. A new RB won't cure that.

This! thumbsup) Why is it anytime a veteran player has some issue like this so many get up in arms about how "we should get him" That's not always the correct way to go. Mack for instance was not worth 2 1st round picks and I think Chicago is going to regret that trade in the long run, Bell, not worth the money or the issues, for sure not worth a 1st round pick.  soapbox
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 05:52:25 PM by Bignutz »