December 18, 2018, 01:16:22 PM

Author Topic: Half time retirement in Buffalo  (Read 417 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Half time retirement in Buffalo
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:05:09 PM »
This is one of the weirdest things I've ever read about the NFL. Quitting at halftime? Wow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/16/vontae-davis-i-realized-i-shouldnt-be-out-there-anymore/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
Re: Half time retirement in Buffalo
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
Really strange.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 05:07:17 PM »
Is Buffalo really that bad?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 08:48:06 PM »

Yes. This is a team that thought they could win games with Nathan Peterman at QB. Manwhile, this is not theh only problematic team. Jon Gruden was disappointed at the lack of pass rush for the Raiders, and said he was going to investigate the causes of that problem. Seriously. And the Lions seem to be on the brink of open rebellion against Matt Patricia:  https://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/09/ask_kyle_detroit_lions_39.html
This makes the sometime friction between MM and AR pale in comparison. Then there are the Pats, who traded a conditional fifth rounder for Josh Gordon. And to make room for Gordon, they cut Corey Coleman, a first round (#15) pick for Cleveland in 2016. So, that makes sense- get rid of a draft bust to get a guy who is one bust from a permanent ban in the NFL. Maybe they think he's the next Randy Moss. We'll see, but I'm very skeptical.

On another note, who would have thought a few years ago that not only wouldn't the NFL be able to define a catch; but, now, they can't tell defenders how to correctly tackle a QB? What's next? Coin flips to decide whether a FG was good or not?

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 05:45:30 AM »

Yes. This is a team that thought they could win games with Nathan Peterman at QB. Manwhile, this is not theh only problematic team. Jon Gruden was disappointed at the lack of pass rush for the Raiders, and said he was going to investigate the causes of that problem. Seriously. And the Lions seem to be on the brink of open rebellion against Matt Patricia:  https://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/09/ask_kyle_detroit_lions_39.html
This makes the sometime friction between MM and AR pale in comparison. Then there are the Pats, who traded a conditional fifth rounder for Josh Gordon. And to make room for Gordon, they cut Corey Coleman, a first round (#15) pick for Cleveland in 2016. So, that makes sense- get rid of a draft bust to get a guy who is one bust from a permanent ban in the NFL. Maybe they think he's the next Randy Moss. We'll see, but I'm very skeptical.

On another note, who would have thought a few years ago that not only wouldn't the NFL be able to define a catch; but, now, they can't tell defenders how to correctly tackle a QB? What's next? Coin flips to decide whether a FG was good or not?

The NFL in 5 years...............

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:48:20 AM by dannobanano »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 01:13:56 PM »
danno, nailed it! And not hitting below the waist! Forgot to mention the Steelers also seem to be unraveling. There are a lot of weird and interesting storylines in the NFL this year. This reminds me of the good old days of wrestling, when Hulk, Macho Man, Andre the Giant and a lot of other great characters inhabited the WWF. And the refs in wrestling were just as clueless as the refs in the NFL the last few years.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:20:24 PM by ricky »

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 10:24:50 PM »

The NFL in 5 years...............

Just more signs of the NFL going downhill fast. Seems like ratings are dropping every week. Personally, I don't watch much of the NFL anymore (unless the Packers are playing) I never watch Thursday, Sunday,or Monday night games anymore. I just seem to be losing interest.