December 15, 2018, 09:55:19 AM

Author Topic: Rams the team to beat!  (Read 665 times)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Rams the team to beat!
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »
Rams look realy really good. Should be the favorites after this week. Side note on Sam Shields. He still plays like he did with the packers. Using his speed to catch up, then mis-timing his jump and letting a sure interception be a long completion. Lol
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Rams the team to beat!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »
The Rams know they have a small window to go for broke. With the signing of Donald, and the impending next contract for Goff andGurley, they are looking to capitalize on the rookie contracts to sign some FA's and build a really excellent team. But this is not a dynasty by any means. Merely the latest team to "go for broke". Maybe it'll work for them, but that would be unusual.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 03:42:49 PM »
The Rams are the team to beat in the NFC.  They are stacked on both sides of the ball.  We'll see how they do tonight. 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 03:55:24 PM »
Rams are missing to main cogs in their pass defense (Marcus Peters and Taqib Alib).

Could be a problem for them tonight if Cousins is dailed in.

Rams pass rush will need to get home a lot tonight.................and since they are my fantasy team defense, you know I'm pulling for the LAR's.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
The Rams are the team to beat in the NFC.  They are stacked on both sides of the ball.  We'll see how they do tonight.

All true, this team seems to be the team of destiny. To derail this, all it takes is either one major injury, or a lost game at the wrong time, and they're done. Look at NO last year- they had the playoff game won against the Vikes, until they lost. The Packers were 15-1, and lost badly to the Giants in the first round. Or, as in the case of the Giants/Pats, some incredible catches at the right time, and suddenly a mediocre QB has two SB MVP awards, and seems to be a surefire HOFer (think Kurt Warner here). Its why they play the games.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
The Rams are the team to beat..... no the Vikings are the team to beat......no wait the Chiefs are the team, ya the Chiefs are unbeatable....or is it Miami that is unbeatable? 3 games into a season might be a little early to declare a team to beat, isn't it? IMHO

Offline Favre2Rodgers

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »
Look at Sam Shields out there making plays.  Why isn't he wearing green and gold?

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 12:06:51 PM »
Look at Sam Shields out there making plays.  Why isn't he wearing green and gold?

Because he had a series of concussions that lost him increasing amounts of playing time. There were many posters on here who were actually glad when he was let go. Not because he wasn't liked, but because of fear of him having a life altering head injury. So, hopefully that answers your question. I personally wish him well, but he is one hit away from a devastating injury.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
Agree ricky, wish him the best of health, but also glad he is not a Packer. Their are far more important things in life than just playing football and without ones good health much is unavailable. Shields collected over 34 million from the Packers in his time there, he should be set for life.  I guess most take their health for granted until it is gone. 

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 02:18:58 PM »

Because he had a series of concussions that lost him increasing amounts of playing time. There were many posters on here who were actually glad when he was let go. Not because he wasn't liked, but because of fear of him having a life altering head injury. So, hopefully that answers your question. I personally wish him well, but he is one hit away from a devastating injury.

This☝️

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 05:09:18 PM »
I have to say the Rams are really playing well.

Even when they lost their two CB's they did OK.

I mean what this tells you is how important coaching is.  I could never understand why the Rams could not win when Fisher was the coach.  They had so many good players even back then.  But they were just average.

What the new coach did was to make a combination of good trades,draft picks, and signings to revamp their WR corps.  And man did he do a great job with Goff.  And they did well last year.  This year they concentrated on defense.  And they are even better.

Good coaching and being an aggressive GM works.