December 11, 2018, 04:01:08 AM

Author Topic: Game Ball Packers vs. Redskins  (Read 549 times)

Offline MrJuly4th

• HOF Member
Game Ball Packers vs. Redskins
« on: September 23, 2018, 02:55:20 PM »
It is hard to say anything positive after such a pitiful performance. 

Game ball goes to Kenny Clark with 9 total tackles and 1 pass knocked down. 

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
Re: Game Ball Packers vs. Redskins
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 04:07:47 PM »
Slim pickings this week for sure.

My game balls go to:

Rodgers for the reckless abandon he played with running the ball on one good leg.

The running backs who ran hard. Would've liked to have seen more of them, but I guess the score prevented that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 05:24:03 PM by packdaddy »

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 06:21:28 PM »
The defense, for putting the first half behind them and coming out to play in the second half. They were a different unit, and they showed what they are capable of, similar to what they did to Minnesota before the injury to King. And for the second week in a row, a ridiculous call on Matthews changed the complexion of the game.

A deflated game ball to the refs and the NFL front office. Another bad day for both of them.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
Other than Rodgers ( Tuff as nails) , I'd go Graham, he made plays. Was going to say the defence in the second half, but in reality Washington didn't throw much and ran the ball down our throat. Not much to really get excited about in this one.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 07:52:09 PM »
Other than Rodgers ( Tuff as nails) , I'd go Graham, he made plays. Was going to say the defence in the second half, but in reality Washington didn't throw much and ran the ball down our throat. Not much to really get excited about in this one.

"Ran the ball down our throat"? Seriously? The defense got several three and outs the second half, giving the offense many opportunities to win the game. They didn't. Yes, in the last series, they gashed a gassed and demoralized defense. But at that point, the game was effectively over.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 06:27:14 AM »
Maybe I am missing something here, but who ever gave out a gameball in a lose?

Just one take away from play yesterday. Rodgers was not very accurate with his passes yesterday, several throws behind his recievers. I think this could be a weekly problem until he is able to get back to practicing during the week. 

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
Just one take away from play yesterday. Rodgers was not very accurate with his passes yesterday, several throws behind his recievers. I think this could be a weekly problem until he is able to get back to practicing during the week.

Exactly, which makes catching the passes that hit them in the hands all the more important.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 10:35:44 AM »

Exactly, which makes catching the passes that hit them in the hands all the more important.

Without a doubt the drops were brutal and potentally game altering.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 01:32:00 PM »
Game ball to Randall Cobb

So he can carry it around with him all week and work on securing it and catching it

I joke... Tons of respect for Randall Cobb. He gives it his all week in and week out every season. Plays through injuries, doesn't shy away from run blocking, takes a hit searching for a 1st down, always fights for the last yard, and as professional as they come. Tough as nails. Hope he rebounds against Buffalo.