December 10, 2018, 06:03:02 PM

Author Topic: Draft order. Draft is looking high so far. Who ya got with our 1sts?  (Read 3369 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
Re: Draft order. Draft is looking high so far. Who ya got with our 1sts?
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 06:17:19 PM »
I would have liked us to trade our entire draft for Mahomes, then after a year trade Aaron to Jax for a couple 1sts. I was never in favor of his big contract. Now we're stuck with him for another 4 or 5 years, and then the cap consequences of his retirement for another year or two after that.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »
2019 NFL Draft Order
1    San Francisco
2    Oakland
3    NY Jets
4    Arizona
5    Detroit
6    Atlanta
7    NY Giants
8    Buffalo
9    Jacksonville
10    Green Bay

Notice that we play three of the teams ahead of us - Detroit, NY Jets, Atlanta.

Will Aaron keep tanking?

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2018, 08:39:31 AM »
 :'(
2019 NFL Draft Order
1    San Francisco
2    Oakland
3    NY Jets
4    Arizona
5    Detroit
6    Atlanta
7    NY Giants
8    Buffalo
9    Jacksonville
10    Green Bay

Will Aaron keep tanking?

No, he will light the world on fire with stellar numbers to run salt on the MM firing wound. Even if he tanked, which may be true, he did it to force the hand of the office. He knew MM was doing more harm than good with his mentality and philosophy. As crappy a move as it was, he had to do what the front office was too complacent to do. He did it with good intentions, but it shouldnt have gone this far. MM will go to coach another team, and he will make it maybe 3 years if that team does not have a legendary play caller to carry him.

Also worth noting, I think the "tanking" isnt him missing throws. He is doing that from injury and mechanics. I think his ranking has been home simply running the plays called instead of making adjustments as often as he used to. He is a lot less lively pre snap than he used to be.

I just hope we dont trade back again when a great player at a position of need is staring us in the face.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2018, 11:07:42 AM »
I would have liked us to trade our entire draft for Mahomes, then after a year trade Aaron to Jax for a couple 1sts. I was never in favor of his big contract. Now we're stuck with him for another 4 or 5 years, and then the cap consequences of his retirement for another year or two after that.

Hindsight is 2020, so who is the next Mahomes you want to trade our entire draft for?

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:44 AM »

Hindsight is 2020, so who is the next Mahomes you want to trade our entire draft for?
Jake Fromm

I think depending on how these next two years turn out, you may and it will probably alienate some of the fan base want to consider moving Aaron to stockpile draft picks. At some point, it just makes sense in order to find that next franchise QB.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:26:39 AM by GBRoCk2 »

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2018, 01:02:36 PM »

I'm a fan of Kyler Murray (Oklahoma). He's only 5-10, but is such a superior athlete. It would be a very different kind of offense with him.

A possible 2019 name I am watching is Steven Montez (Colorado). File that one away because he has ALL the measurables. He's 6-5/230 and is mobile as well.

https://cubuffs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=11184

AT COLORADO (prior to 2018 season): Career—Owns the CU record for most consecutive pass attempts without being intercepted (172 in 2017) and consecutive games throwing for 300 yards (3) … In just 22 career games (15 starts), he already ranks ninth in school history with 3,992 passing yards.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2018/player/157/1070343/index.html

I haven't seen his name listed for 2019 prospect, so maybe he's already committed to return to CU for one more season?

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2018, 03:50:17 PM »
2019 NFL Draft Order
1    San Francisco
2    Oakland
3    NY Jets
4    Arizona
5    Detroit
6    Atlanta
7    NY Giants
8    Buffalo
9    Jacksonville
10    Green Bay

Will Aaron keep tanking?

We can only hope so.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2018, 04:01:43 PM »
2019 NFL Draft Order
1    San Francisco
2    Oakland
3    NY Jets
4    Arizona
5    Detroit
6    Atlanta
7    NY Giants
8    Buffalo
9    Jacksonville
10    Green Bay

Will Aaron keep tanking?

Maybe he isn't an elite QB anymore? When was the last time he played as a top level QB for a string of games? 3 years ago? He is 35 and never healthy, that cycle is only going to get worse with age. Not everyone ages the same and he doesn't appear to be Brady or Brees with aging and durability.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2018, 04:43:17 PM »
Maybe he isn't an elite QB anymore? When was the last time he played as a top level QB for a string of games? 3 years ago? He is 35 and never healthy, that cycle is only going to get worse with age. Not everyone ages the same and he doesn't appear to be Brady or Brees with aging and durability.

hush you mouth.

Offline ramrod

• Starter
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2018, 11:12:36 PM »
Neither Wolf nor Thompson surrounded their franchise quarterbacks with playmakers. In fact Wolf deeply regrets it.
So my pick is Parris Campbell out of Ohio State. Give Rodgers a brand new toy to make him happy. He could be the slot guy that Cobb never was. He is bigger anf faster. I would even pick him at 10 if that is where we are picking.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2018, 04:08:57 PM »
Neither Wolf nor Thompson surrounded their franchise quarterbacks with playmakers. In fact Wolf deeply regrets it.
So my pick is Parris Campbell out of Ohio State. Give Rodgers a brand new toy to make him happy. He could be the slot guy that Cobb never was. He is bigger anf faster. I would even pick him at 10 if that is where we are picking.

I'm looking for a "Thunder" to Jones' "Lightening". Apparently, Derrick Henry was on the trade block this season. Either the titans want too much, or teams are overlooking him a lot. William's is about as lackluster as you can get as a RB. I just think it's a waste of down when he Carrie's. We need even more skill. You can never have too much.

The offense needs some major injections.

The defense, as I've said for years, lacks in the front 7. They cant get home. We keep drafting DBs to treat a symptom (bad pass defense). But the problem is that the front 7 dont get home very well. Even on obvious passing downs we get 6 guys blocked with only 5 OL. Not acceptable.

Perry should be convicted of robbery for getting that terrible amount of money for being a TT draft pick with one good year. Matthews should have loved inside, where he has been more productive. He is still fast and powerful, he just cant bend like used to. The best look going forward next season is a 4-3 with Daniel's and Clark at DT. Wilkerson's and Perry at DE. Matthews,  Martinez and Burkes at LB. Alexander, Jackson and King at Corner, with a single starting safety TBD. Assuming that Wilkerson and Matthew's stick around that is.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline danvillepack

• Second String
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2018, 04:41:02 PM »
I don’t think Rodgers “tanked” intentionally.  Subconsciously?  Very possible.  And it wasn’t just Rodgers.  MM simply didn’t have his team ready each week.  I remember the opener against the Bears.  National TV.  100 years of GB football.  The team came out flat and that was true every week.  MM lost the team a few years ago.  THAT I will put squarely on his shoulders.  The players can’t be excused for playing poorly.  They’re well-paid pros.  They’re also human.  We’ve all probably worked for a very uninspiring boss - well, I have.  Makes it hard to show up physically, much less emotionally.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2018, 02:18:20 PM »
Well I'm thinking we'll be in the top 10 and I would've never have guessed it and without trading up.  So I'm up for taking the N0. 1 first rd and our #10 pick to SF for Bosa.  If that doesn't happen, if Ed Oliver from Houston is out there still around our pick, we'd be stupid not too pick him.  If he is gone I'm definitely going after Tiller in Rd. 2 from Notre Dame.  Another guy I like since I've been harping about the lack of talent and speed at LB on this team is Devin White, from LSU. He'll go between 10-15. 2nd pick in first rd - Montez Sweat Miss. ST. or Risner OT from Kansas State, big need for OL depth now!   Daniel Jones Duke QB is kind of interesting and would be a great person to groom behind Rodgers as well as Clemson LB Kendall Joseph.  Joseph may fall into Rd. 3 but he is always around the ball and he is light years better than any linebacker we have on this roster now!!!!!   If we are looking for a big red zone WR try Myles Boykin from ND.  Great character kid and could be had in 4th or 5th rd.  He just keeps getting TDS!!  terrible mismatch for safeties and CB's 6"6" about 245 lbs.   

We blew linebacker picks on Watt, Roquain Smith and Shazier.  Yeah we would've had to move up for shazier four spots (we took Dix), and we would have given up two picks to Tampa to move up for Smith.  So how are those non-picks working out for us.  Well, that 3rd and 26 play by Fitzgerald last week should tell you something about our defense!  This has only happened about three times a year in critical games for the last five years!!!!!!