October 16, 2018, 01:29:03 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bills v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 902 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Bills v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:25:33 PM »
Time to right the ship. Time to show that home field does have an advantage. Time to show the rest of the league that this offense is something to be feared. Time for the defense to play tough every down, cover TE's and stop the run. Time to quiet all the fans who are doubting whether this team is championship caliber. Sure, its "Only the Bills>" That's what the Vikings thought last Sunday. Are they hurt? No excuses. Time for results.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Bills v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:25:54 AM »
The Packers should have a sense of urgency this week and a drive to not let this one slip away. On the otherside the young Bills are going to be riding sky high after their win in Minnesota. A fast start will go along ways in putting doubt in the minds of Buffalo, start slow and it will be a all day battle.

All-time, Regular season: 4-8
All-time, Postseason: 0-0
All-time, in Wisconsin: 4-2

The home team has won the last 7 games in this series, lets hope sunday makes it 8. The last time Bills won in Wisconsin was November 10, 1991 (that game was played at Milwaukee County Stadium). The only regular season lose to Buffalo at Lambeau was the first ever meeting between the two team in 1974.

The Packers are 0-6 all-time in Buffalo.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »
Let's see how they come out the gate on offense and defense for a game plan. I wont reiterate myboeffensive standpoint. But on defense, they have played pretty vanilla until urgency kicks in. Then Pettine is disguising coverages with 5 or 6 at the line and then dropping 3 into coverage. I like that, but wonder why they don't start games trying to confuse the QB. Can they put an entire game together of confusing the quarterback and stifling the run? We will find out Sunday.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Buffalo has some talent on the defensive side.  The offense will not have an easy day, that's for sure.  Hopefully enough. 

I wonder with an extra week in, whether MM will use Jones early? 

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »
Rodgers hasn't come out with one of his patented quotes (R-E-L-A-X, or Run the table) yet, so my confidence in this game is not very high at this point.

Injuries, "the droppsies", play calling, penalties, etc-etc-etc need to be fixed, and fast, if this team is going to right the ship.

Can they do it? Sure!

But, Captain Courageous hasn't spoken, in that "hour of desperation" yet.

Bills-24
Pack-21

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Buffalo can really shut down the run.   IIRC,  they might be the best at it so far this year.   Lets see what McCarthy does with that. Also dont sleep on Josh Allens long ball.  The secondary can fall into the "He can't throw it this far" syndrome.  He can!!  The secondary needs to stick with the receivers ALL THE WAY down the field.  He has some accuracy issues in the middle length routes, but you have to respect his deep ball arm strength.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2018, 12:40:54 PM »
Buffalo can really shut down the run.   IIRC,  they might be the best at it so far this year.   Lets see what McCarthy does with that. Also dont sleep on Josh Allens long ball.  The secondary can fall into the "He can't throw it this far" syndrome.  He can!!  The secondary needs to stick with the receivers ALL THE WAY down the field.  He has some accuracy issues in the middle length routes, but you have to respect his deep ball arm strength.

Yippee! Big Mike will prolly dial up a game plan of 50 running plays this week.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2018, 02:33:03 PM »
This has been a weird year so far. the Pats are 1-2, as is Atlanta. The Browns are showing signs of life. The Rams, Eagles, Dolphins (!!!) and Chiefs are all undefeated. The Steelers, Browns, Packers and Minny are all 1-1-1. So, this all makes sense, right? The Bears are currently atop the Central. But, and this is important ro remember, less than one quarter of the season has been played. This would be like falling behind 7-0 after ten minutes of playing a game, and quitting because you know you're going to lose. Does work need to be done? Absolutely. The team has to put together a complete game both offensively and defensively, rather than sputtering, then hitting on all cylinders when things are really dire. But giving up, or at least having deep doubts at this point in the season? To me, that is just  :( :-[ crazy)

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2018, 04:11:21 PM »
Jackson knows Allen well, they played last year.
Jackson picked one in that game.
How did the song go " Put him in Coach, he's ready to play, today."

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2018, 04:18:20 PM »
This has been a weird year so far. the Pats are 1-2, as is Atlanta. The Browns are showing signs of life. The Rams, Eagles, Dolphins (!!!) and Chiefs are all undefeated. The Steelers, Browns, Packers and Minny are all 1-1-1. So, this all makes sense, right? The Bears are currently atop the Central. But, and this is important ro remember, less than one quarter of the season has been played. This would be like falling behind 7-0 after ten minutes of playing a game, and quitting because you know you're going to lose. Does work need to be done? Absolutely. The team has to put together a complete game both offensively and defensively, rather than sputtering, then hitting on all cylinders when things are really dire. But giving up, or at least having deep doubts at this point in the season? To me, that is just  :( :-[ crazy)

An unusual stat for this season at the 1/4 mark. The inclusive record of all teams at this juncture is completely symmetrical.

There are three 3-0 teams and three 0-3 teams; there are eleven 2-1 teams and eleven 1-2 teams; and four 1-1-1 teams

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »
An unusual stat for this season at the 1/4 mark. The inclusive record of all teams at this juncture is completely symmetrical.

There are three 3-0 teams and three 0-3 teams; there are eleven 2-1 teams and eleven 1-2 teams; and four 1-1-1 teams

Well, the NFL wanted parity, so I guess they've achieved their goal, in a sense. By the way, Rams and Vikes tomorrow night. I'm watching, and am definitely a Rams fan for a night.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2018, 06:29:50 AM »
Some posters have commented on the inconsistench of the offense. Well, here is an obvious cause/effec that had been speculated about, but now seems to have been confirmed- if you don't practice, you aren't going to be as effective. The problem is that the knee probably needs rest to properly heal. And Rodgers won't be able to get that rest until the season is over. So, he's going to be dealing with this for the rest of the season. And just to make things more interesting, Buffalo has the highest rate of QB pressure in the league, at over 34%. The uninjured Rodgers is able to move, see running lanes and evade tacklers. The injured Rodgers is a mostly stationary target. So, maybe its time for the "roughing" penalties to help the Packers, rather than their opponents. Though I'd prefer seeing the flags stay put when a QB is legitimately sacked.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/27/not-practicing-during-the-week-has-been-a-struggle-for-aaron-rodgers/

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 09:24:59 AM »
Minnesota clearly overlooked Buffalo knowing they'd be on a short week vs. the Rams.

Hopefully Green Bay does not overlook this Bills team.

Buffalo is definitely good vs. the run, but I would absolutely make a point to get a run game going to give the OL some confidence and keep the defense off-balance on our play calling as they probably are going to come after Rodgers.

I really want to see the pressure dialed up on the defensive side, we added all this talent at CB, but they can only cover for so long, blitz and lets see if the CBs can perform. Buffalo's offensive talent doesn't exactly scare me, but Allen is a mobile QB and we always seem to struggle with containing these types of QBs, probably my biggest worry in this game.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:02 PM »
Buffalo can really shut down the run.   IIRC,  they might be the best at it so far this year.   Lets see what McCarthy does with that. Also dont sleep on Josh Allens long ball.  The secondary can fall into the "He can't throw it this far" syndrome.  He can!!  The secondary needs to stick with the receivers ALL THE WAY down the field.  He has some accuracy issues in the middle length routes, but you have to respect his deep ball arm strength.

Yippee! Big Mike will prolly dial up a game plan of 50 running plays this week.

Even in years with our worst running attacks, we for some reason would run well against good run defenses... weird, but I wonder if it will happen again.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 12:03:40 AM »
Aaron Jones paid his dues, has the endorsement of the only guy who matters, and will be the rainbow, er, difference-maker in Sunday's game, IMO.