December 15, 2018, 10:07:30 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Bills v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1213 times)

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
Re: The OFFICIAL Bills v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 11:25:46 AM »
Too much time on that one.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:10 AM »
Rookie mistake, that's what pressure will do. Nice job d !

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
Whew! Blake Martinez gotta thank Alexander.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
Defense playing good, Rodgers has thrown some pretty bad passes in that last series. Really lucked out on the last throw. We had second and three and threw there straight times. Why not try to run, we have been running the ball effectively!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 12:40:57 PM »
Defense playing good, Rodgers has thrown some pretty bad passes in that last series. Really lucked out on the last throw. We had second and three and threw there straight times. Why not try to run, we have been running the ball effectively!

Is that on MM, or is AR audibling out of the run to the pass? By the way, how is the roughing the passer rule being enforced today? Fromt he radio, sounds like they're actually going back to the old way of doing things- if there is no intent to harm, let it go. Of course, until Matthews sacks a QB and no flag is thrown, we won't know if they have truly changed their emphasis.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline croquet

• Starter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 12:41:39 PM »
Plus why all the deep stuff.  Let Rodgers just stand back there and throw bombs.  Makes no sense.  Short stuff.  Run the ball.  Eat up the clock.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2018, 12:42:31 PM »
Offence sputtering here in the second half, not looking too good. Lots of drops, uncharacteristically bad throws and some questionable play calling.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »

Is that on MM, or is AR audibling out of the run to the pass? By the way, how is the roughing the passer rule being enforced today? Fromt he radio, sounds like they're actually going back to the old way of doing things- if there is no intent to harm, let it go. Of course, until Matthews sacks a QB and no flag is thrown, we won't know if they have truly changed their emphasis.
hey Rickey , good to see your around. Had a sack earlier on Rodgers where the guy landed on him with  3/4 weight on him. Last week it would have been a penalty.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2018, 01:19:32 PM »
I'm wondering if we are improving or the Bill's were the Bill's today confused(
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2018, 01:19:55 PM »
Offence looked in 1st half, shaky in the 2nd. Don't know if we just sorta took our foot off the pedal or not. Defense looked good all game. Don't care if we played a bad team with a rookie or not (see Minn ) it's a step in the right direction. I'll take the win! Go pack Go !

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2018, 05:56:50 PM »
Offence looked in 1st half, shaky in the 2nd. Don't know if we just sorta took our foot off the pedal or not. Defense looked good all game. Don't care if we played a bad team with a rookie or not (see Minn ) it's a step in the right direction. I'll take the win! Go pack Go !

This says it all. MM has always had a tendency to back off once the team got ahead, rather than nailing the coffin shut with even more and bigger nails. But, definitely, a win is a win is a win. A sloppy, lucky win is always better than a valiant loss. On to Detroit!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid