December 15, 2018, 10:16:26 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread  (Read 1470 times)

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread
« on: October 03, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
A renewed rivalry with a team that had been a doormat for many, many years. Time to see if Rodgers can get the offense humming, even though there are apparently a slew of injuries to the WR corps. So, will the Packers once again become Lion tamers, or will Detroit find a way to sneak a win? The Lions defense is very suspect, and the Packers D seems to be jelling. And, quite simply, this is the time to build a lead and win out before the bye week, because then the schedule gets really tough.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/03/packers-dealing-with-several-injuries-at-receiver/
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:37:16 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
Well starters Randall Cobb (hamstring) and Geronimo Allison (concussion) remain sidelined, I would not be surprised if Yancey was elavated to the 53 this weekend and plays on sunday. Rodgers trusts him to be where he is suppose to be and I don't believe he trusts the rookies.....yet.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 08:04:50 AM »
In their banged-up receiving corps, the Packers have ruled out Randall Cobb for Sunday’s game in Detroit.

This will be the second straight game Cobb has missed due to a hamstring injury sustained in practice last week.

Fellow receiver Davante Adams (calf) is scheduled to practice on Saturday after sitting out Thursday’s workout, so there’s a chance he can play. Geronimo Allison remains in the concussion protocol.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 08:54:44 AM »
Hoping to see a lot of Jones this week with Cobb, and Allison potentially out, definitely will want to make it a point to run the ball vs. a defense that has struggled vs. the run.

Excited to hopefully see some of the younger WRs get some playing time, and see if our defense can build off last week vs. a better offense.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »
Lions guard T.J. Lang is going to miss the Packers game because of the brain injury he suffered against Dallas.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 04:59:35 PM »
Watching parts of the Lions last 3 games and will say that their offense in time could be very good. The Packers defense might be getting their toughest test of the year tomorrow. The Packers have caught a break in that Lang is ruled out and I'm not sure how much that lose will hurt what looks like a top 10 type OL unit. WR's Golden Tate and Marvin Jones both have been a throne in the Packers side over their pro careers. Add their 3rd WR Golladay who at times looks like a man among boys and the Packers have their hands full in the passing game.

But the guy that really caught my attention is their rookie RB Kerryon Johnson. This guy is an all-day sucker and barring injury is going to be an AP like pain to the Packers for awhile. I think the Packers are expecting a heavy dose of run tomorrow from the Lions and might explain the addition of another DLineman today.

The Lions DB's appear to be the strengh of the defense and has some playmakers on the backend, but I think their front 7 can be had by the Packers.

Like every week in the NFL it is not who you play, but when you play them and I don't think this is an ideal time to be playing the Lions. Hopefully the Packers showup determined to fight an all day battle or it may be a repeat of the Redskins game. I would hope that is still fresh enough in their minds that it would not be the case.

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 07:24:43 PM »
Hoping to see Aaron Jones get 20 touches.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:02:21 PM »
Nervous about this one for sure
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2018, 06:41:16 AM »
Hoping to see Aaron Jones get 20 touches.

Pretty sure the Packers are smarter than that. Give Jones 20 touches a game and it won't be long before he is on IR. The Packers know what he is and are using him correctly.

This seems to be one of the latest bones of contention by boggers around the .net about how they are smarter than the coaching staff and are sure that Jones should get all the touches. Jones is a 205 pound RB who has a injury history already, he missed time twice last year and only had 4 games with 10 or more touches in a game. Jones is not a 250 pound Eddie Lacy and should not be used that way. They will need him in January as well as today.   

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »
The following players have been declared inactive and will not play in Sunday's game between the Green Bay Packers and the Detroit Lions:

Green Bay Packers

8 QB Tim Boyle
18 WR Randall Cobb
23 CB Jaire Alexander
26 CB Bashaud Breeland
35 S Jermaine Whitehead
70 T/G Alex Light
81 WR Geronimo Allison

A little light at WR and DB today.

I was looking forward to the Alexander and Tate matchup, that will have to wait. King is back, hopefully that is a positive.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 09:35:51 AM »
Not a good list for us considering we're play the pass happy lions. Hopefully no more injuries in the secondary, or anywhere else for that matter.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 10:16:58 AM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2018, 10:14:09 AM »
Alright got a stop. Hope Clark is alright.

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2018, 10:17:17 AM »
Looks like that punt hit a Detroit player, not King. But video evidence is not good enough to overturn it IMO. Too bad.

Offline mtsportsfan

• All Pro
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2018, 10:20:25 AM »
So much for the stop ! Stupid play by King . Won't win with mistakes like that. Dammit !