December 15, 2018, 11:14:48 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Lions Game Day Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2018, 04:07:08 PM »
The Lions are not a terrible team. They are a team that is getting used to a new HC, and there are some growing pains. They looked absolutely terrible their first game, losing 48-17 to the lowly Jets. Then they handily beat the Pats, and lost to SF and the Cowboys by a total of five points. That is not a terrible team, but a team that is learning how to win.

Now, my final word on my take on other posters. No, I don't question anyone's allegience, only the way that some posters seem to delight in Packers mistakes.here are some posters who only appear on this board when the Packers are losing. When they win, these same posters are conspicuously absent. Check this out for yourselves, and see if this is accurate or not. Anyone who stays within the bounds of decency can post on here. I noticed a brief personal kerfuffle between two posters during the game today. Unnecessary, and thankfully brief. Sometimes emotions can overcome our better judgement. As pointed out, this team just isn't in sync so far. They play well in spurts, but can't seem to put together a complete game. Pointing this out and trying to find answers is the heart of this board. Right now, this team is going nowhere fast. Playoffs? Maybe. But even that is not a sure thing. Except I can't believe this team will play this way the entire season. There is too much talent, on both sides of the ball, for that to seem realistic. But short term and longer term, there needs to be some serious discussion about the direction of this team, especially its leadership. And, yes, I am absolutely talking about McCarthy.

Every team we lose to you claim is a good team. In all reality this team should have one win so far. Miraculous comeback against chicago, tying a Vikings team that has been struggling since, getting handled by Washington, which is a subpar team, now this today? It's time to face the reality that this team is just not a well-prepaired team.  They continually display that they have the talent to contend with anyone. But they also display a complete lack of preparation 75% of the time. Who is at fault for that?
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2018, 04:18:18 PM »
The Lions are not a terrible team. They are a team that is getting used to a new HC, and there are some growing pains. They looked absolutely terrible their first game, losing 48-17 to the lowly Jets. Then they handily beat the Pats, and lost to SF and the Cowboys by a total of five points. That is not a terrible team, but a team that is learning how to win.

Now, my final word on my take on other posters. No, I don't question anyone's allegience, only the way that some posters seem to delight in Packers mistakes.here are some posters who only appear on this board when the Packers are losing. When they win, these same posters are conspicuously absent. Check this out for yourselves, and see if this is accurate or not. Anyone who stays within the bounds of decency can post on here. I noticed a brief personal kerfuffle between two posters during the game today. Unnecessary, and thankfully brief. Sometimes emotions can overcome our better judgement. As pointed out, this team just isn't in sync so far. They play well in spurts, but can't seem to put together a complete game. Pointing this out and trying to find answers is the heart of this board. Right now, this team is going nowhere fast. Playoffs? Maybe. But even that is not a sure thing. Except I can't believe this team will play this way the entire season. There is too much talent, on both sides of the ball, for that to seem realistic. But short term and longer term, there needs to be some serious discussion about the direction of this team, especially its leadership. And, yes, I am absolutely talking about McCarthy.

Every team we lose to you claim is a good team. In all reality this team should have one win so far. Miraculous comeback against chicago, tying a Vikings team that has been struggling since, getting handled by Washington, which is a subpar team, now this today? It's time to face the reality that this team is just not a well-prepaired team.  They continually display that they have the talent to contend with anyone. But they also display a complete lack of preparation 75% of the time. Who is at fault for that?

Dont forget this isnt new.  Much of this team wasnt prepared last year either.  Granted, Rodgers was gone but they looked like crap even after months of practice without him.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »

Dont forget this isnt new.  Much of this team wasnt prepared last year either.  Granted, Rodgers was gone but they looked like crap even after months of practice without him.

You are correct GM, I think its spanned 4-5 seasons now of coming out flat for no apparent reason.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »

The following is the end of the post you disagree with. Notice, among the things said are that MM should be on the hot seat; the team is not in sync; they are not prepared; and, unless I am totally wrong, the Lions were blown out in their opener, won their next game, and then lost their next two games by a total of five points.

As pointed out, this team just isn't in sync so far. They play well in spurts, but can't seem to put together a complete game. Pointing this out and trying to find answers is the heart of this board. Right now, this team is going nowhere fast. Playoffs? Maybe. But even that is not a sure thing. Except I can't believe this team will play this way the entire season. There is too much talent, on both sides of the ball, for that to seem realistic. But short term and longer term, there needs to be some serious discussion about the direction of this team, especially its leadership. And, yes, I am absolutely talking about McCarthy.

Never stated the Bills were good. They got lucky against the Vikings, who lost to the Bills the same week after their game agsinst the Packers; then lost to the undefeated Rams, and beat Philly this week. Disagreement is fine, but please base your criticisms on facts. We are actually in agreement on this issue: the Packers could very well need a coaching shakeup this off-season, and one could well be coming if they continue to underperform. Though apparently the Packers are the seventh ranked offense in the league. Odd. A lot of good stats, but are only ranked 19th in points scored per game. A big discrepency.   
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 06:39:57 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline phanatic1

• All Pro
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2018, 05:51:17 PM »
It is amazingly frustrating to see this team come out game after game and put themselves in a hole.  The apparent lack of emotion and urgency appears nearly every game and quite honestly, rarely does this team ever show much emotion.  And this does start at the top.  After the call on the punt that did not hit King and was incorrectly called that is did - MM appears to not protest and just stands staring straight ahead despite a call that was going to have an impact on the game.  Showing some emotion wasn't going to change the call - but it shows the team you are going to fight. 

The tackle attempt on the sideline where Speilman called out Brice for missing in a "2 hand touch" game was pretty telling.  As he talked about, get there and "bury" the guy and his attempt was not acceptable and "should not be accepted by anyone in the locker room." 

GM you are right in saying this lack of play to start games is not new and something that has become a habit of this team.  MM always seems to say "I like this teams energy" but I think he is one of the few that does. 

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2018, 07:35:32 PM »
To be blunt: the Lions suck. The refs spotted them 14 points, the Packers had zero pass rush, missed five kicks, Rodgers played like crap most of the game (fumbling the ball away twice, ignoring open receivers underneath, holding the ball too long), Jones barely saw the field in the second half despite being the best back on the team, and GB still almost won the game. They can't afford to continue losing to inferior teams like this to have a hope of making the playoffs. If McCarthy is finally fired after this season, games like this and the loss to Washington will be prime reasons why.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2018, 07:27:45 AM »

In all reality they are 2-2-1, anything else would fall under not reality.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »

Apparently someone has never heard that term used before. I know you like being defensive, but move along little one.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »

Apparently someone has never heard that term used before. I know you like being defensive, but move along little one.

Apparently someone is a little lacking in the english language. There is no 'in all reality' in something that is not reality. If my pointing out your continuous, ridiculous hyberbole makes you think that I am being defensive it would only be one more thing that you are incredibly confused about. Also you should probably avoid the derogatory comment territory, those types of comments only expose those individuals for the mental midgets they truly are.