October 16, 2018, 12:27:49 AM

Author Topic: Philly in need of RB - Montgomery?  (Read 416 times)

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
Philly in need of RB - Montgomery?
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:38:27 AM »
Since Ajayi is out for the year, should we offer up Montgomery to Philly?  He really doesn't fit or current offensive scheme and we have Williams and Jones.  Be nice to add Jordan Hicks to our roster, we need a linebacker to develop cause I'm not seeing Perry or Mathews on this team roster next year.  Perry because he sucks and Mathews cause he's too expensive!

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Philly in need of RB - Montgomery?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
The Eagles are reportedly looking into LeSean McCoy of the Bills.  A return to Philly by McCoy?  We'll see where it goes.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 09:44:24 AM »
Corey Clement and Darren Sproles provide Philly with everything that Montgomery can provide.

Perry will be on the team next season. 11 million of dead money for '19

There'd be no reason to think that Philly would be willing to part with their starting 3 down ILB who hasn't left the field this year. Ty Montgomery certainly wouldn't get that trade completed.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 09:48:22 AM »
It was reported last night that they were also interested in David Johnson from the Cardinals. McCoy and Johnson would make sense there, I just don't think Montgomery being traded makes sense for anybody. IMO His trade value is close to nothing and he has way more value to the Packers than some late round pick. You state that Montgomery is not a good fit for the Packers, but I believe he is a good situtional fit and at times can give defenses a matchup problem.

Online craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 01:04:32 PM »
Since Ajayi is out for the year, should we offer up Montgomery to Philly?  He really doesn't fit or current offensive scheme and we have Williams and Jones.  ..

TM is averaging 4.4 ypc, Williams 3.7, and he's much better as a pass-catch guy.  Don't see any problem with his fit for our current offensive scheme. 

Sure, if somebody wants to trade us a good starter for him, by all means!  But I think Ty's been pretty effective in the playing time he gets, MM just has a strong commitment to Williams. 

Note:  It also seems to me, based off of recent history, that having all three backs seemingly perfectly healthy this deep into the season is pretty flukey and pretty lucky.  The way things go with the Packers, *IF* they traded Ty tomorrow, probably the following game would have Williams and Jones both getting hurt and then going with Bougainville or somebody as the guy!  :) 

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
Soo true craig, the attrition rate is fairly fast with RB's.