October 16, 2018, 01:42:12 AM

Author Topic: Whither Sherrod?  (Read 5250 times)

Offline mikebpackfan

• All Pro
Whither Sherrod?
« on: October 17, 2012, 05:36:25 PM »

Saw that Quarless and Zombo were practicing today, but no Sherrod.  Thought he was the one we could use the most (for depth, not to replace anyone).  Do we know a timetable for him?  I know we have 3 weeks to activate PUP players.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Re: Whither Sherrod?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »
He isn't physically able to practice yet.  They have 2 1/2 more weeks before they have to put him on IR for the rest of the season or activate him.  If he isn't able to practice very soon you have to think they might be better off having him sit out the entire season so he is really healed and hope they can get by with the guys they have,

Offline pkrjones

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:52:09 PM »
I believe the Packers have 2-1/2 more weeks to get him practicing, and then have a 3 week window to activate or shelve him.  He's not healing/rehabbing as quickly as they had hoped, so not sure if we'll have him for '12. 

Zombo and Quarless are getting close, as they're practicing this week.  They have a 3 week window to practice before being activated or shelved, also.

57packer

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
Asked the same thing in another thread.  Seems to me that Sherrod won't play this year.  He's still not practicing and they have added Van Roten to the 53-man.  Clearly that broken leg had additional complications.  My bet is that they'll IR him for the year.

Offline PutJ.KramerinHOF

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:23:58 PM »
I believe the Packers have 2-1/2 more weeks to get him practicing, and then have a 3 week window to activate or shelve him.  He's not healing/rehabbing as quickly as they had hoped, so not sure if we'll have him for '12. 

Zombo and Quarless are getting close, as they're practicing this week.  They have a 3 week window to practice before being activated or shelved, also.

All 3 can practice for the next 2 1/2 weeks without counting against the roster and then we have to decide whether or not to activate them and make room for them on the roster or place them on IR.

My guess is we don't fill the open spot created by smith going on IR until quarless is ready to return. Sherrod will go on ir.  we will need to cut someone if we decide to activate zombo.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
You are right packerones- they do have additional time to decide what to do with him. My bad

Offline Hands

• HOF Member
    • Uncover
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
Asa much as I want Quarless and Sherrod activated, I wonder how either one could be ready to play this year. It seems Zombo would be the most likely to play.
In the land of the blind.....the one eye man is king!

Offline Bud

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
Clearly that broken leg had additional complications.  My bet is that they'll IR him for the year.

I was worried about that from the time he broke it. I'm not sure who, I think it may have been TT, who said he should come back with no problems or it was just your garden variety type of fracture, something to that extent where it didn't seem major. I don't have the exact quotes of TT nor am I trying to call his judgement into question. I've had the opportunity to be around several of those exact type injuries and they all required considerable care, so his comment kind of caught my ear. I sure hope Sherrod heals up correctly and he can resume his playing career. It's probably just best to shut him down if he's not up and practicing by now.
“Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” ~ Dan Gable