November 16, 2018, 12:05:31 AM

Author Topic: Cowboys trade for Cooper  (Read 299 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Cowboys trade for Cooper
« on: October 22, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
The Cowboys and Raiders look to have reached an agreement on Amari Cooper, with ESPN.com’s Josina Anderson reporting (via Twitter) the fourth-year wide receiver will head to Dallas. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports tweets this transaction is indeed happening.

The compensation is big. Dallas will send a first-round pick to Oakland for Cooper, Adam Schefter of ESPN.com reports (on Twitter). If this is a 2019 first-rounder, the Raiders will now have three picks in next year’s opening round. It is, in fact, a 2019 pick, per SI.com’s Albert Breer (on Twitter). The Oakland/Las Vegas rebuild is in high gear.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: Cowboys trade for Cooper
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 01:37:24 PM »
Interesting.. So, Oakland has decided to get rid of proven players who are more expensive, and hope to draft suitable replacements who will be cheaper for four or five years. Is this method or madness? We'll see in the next few years. The real question that remains is whether Carr is on the trade block. Jacksonville just benched Bortles, and I would think they'd be more than happy to trade picks for the prospect of improving g their team this year. Apparently my thinking is not unique: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/22/will-derek-carr-be-the-next-big-name-to-go-in-oakland/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 01:54:32 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
Re: Cowboys trade for Cooper
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:33:06 PM »
Rebuilding a team that was 12-4 and in the playoffs just two years ago?

I wonder if Davis is having buyer's remorse right now?