December 10, 2018, 06:39:33 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Rams Game Day Thread  (Read 1000 times)

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
Re: The unofficial Packers vs Rams game day thread.
« Reply #120 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:45 AM »
Our defense shut them down and played really, really well?

The Rams had more total yards, ran more plays and had more first downs.

Goff passed for almost 300 yards, and Gurley rushed for over a hundred.  And the Rams offense did not really play that well.  Goff missed some open guys and threw it instead to people who were covered.

I will say this about Goff.  Even when he threw it to the wrong guy, he was quite accurate.  He is going to be a good one for a long time.

BTW, the sack Donald had on AR near the end was amazing.  I don't think I have ever seen a nose up tackle beat a center straight up that fast.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:45:40 AM by Gregg »

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: The unofficial Packers vs Rams game day thread.
« Reply #121 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:49 AM »
Our defense shut them down and played really, really well?

The Rams had more total yards, ran more plays and had more first downs.

Goff passed for almost 300 yards, and Gurley rushed for over a hundred.  And the Rams offense did not really play that well.  Goff missed some open guys and threw it instead to people who were covered.

I will say this about Goff.  Even when he threw it to the wrong guy, he was quite accurate.  He is going to be a good one for a long time.

BTW, the sack Donald had on AR near the end was amazing.  I don't think I have ever seen a nose up tackle beat a center straight up that fast.

Stats don't tell the story.  When the offense keeps going 3 and out that puts pressure on the D.  They essentially shut them out in the first half.  It wasn't until the Defense was repeatedly put back on the field did the Rams finally start scoring points.  If the Offense had held up their end the Rams would have had far fewer yards and points.  You can only expect a D to hold up for so long.  The Defense far outperformed my expectations.  2 for 9 on 3rd downs isn't going to cut it.  If we get that Defense game in and game out and the Offense comes around this would be a very formidable team.