November 23, 2020, 08:05:19 AM

Author Topic: Quick Top 32 Mock Draft  (Read 12410 times)

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
Re: Quick Top 32 Mock Draft
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 12:17:08 AM »
Well, right now it seems as if there will be some sort of WR there for us if you consider Hopkins a 1st rounder. I'm really nervous about the production of Robert Woods when Marquis Lee is doing so well. He should be getting some of the attention away from Woods by now, yet Woods isn't really coming up with great production.

I'd try not to be hung up on Te'o too much as he likely won't be there for us. I don't see BAL or PIT passing up on him if he even makes it that far, so our only chance is to pick ahead of those teams and we would still have to trade up. CHI is another team that I think would have a really tough time passing up on a Te'o.

I know it's a pipe-dream, but I still want him in Green Bay somehow...
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 12:51:43 PM »
Thoughts: 2013 NFL Mock Drafts (DATE: 11/07/2012):
1) Kansas City: QB Matt Barkley SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
2) Jacksonville: QB Geno Smith WEST VIRGINIA
3) Cleveland: DE Damontre Moore TEXAS A&M
4) Carolina: DT Star Lotulelei UTAH
5) Tennessee: OT Luke Joeckel TEXAS A&M
6) St Louis (from Washington): OLB Jarvis Jones GEORGIA
7) Oakland: CB Dee Milliner ALABAMA
8) St Louis: OT Jake Matthews TEXAS A&M
9) Buffalo: QB Tyler Wilson ARKANSAS
10) Cincinnati: WR Justin Hunter TENNESSEE
11) Philadelphia: ILB Manti Te'o NOTRE DAME
12) New York Jets: OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU
13) Dallas: OG Chance Warmack ALABAMA
14) New Orleans: DE Bjoern Werner FLORIDA ST
15) Arizona: OT Taylor Lewan MICHIGAN
16) Tampa Bay: OG Jonathan Cooper NORTH CAROLINA
17) Detroit: DE Alex Okafor TEXAS
18) San Diego: OT DJ Fluker ALABAMA
19) Miami: WR Keenan Allen CALIFORNIA
20) Minnesota: DT Johnathan Jenkins GEORGIA
21) Seattle (.556): WR Terrance Williams BAYLOR
22) Pittsburgh (.625): ILB Alec Ogletree GEORGIA
23) Indianapolis (.625): OT Eric Fisher CENTRAL MICHIGAN
24) Green Bay (.667): DT Johnathan Hankins OHIO ST
25) Denver (.625): TE Tyler Eifert NOTRE DAME
26) New York Giants (.667): CB Jordan Poyer OREGON ST
27) New England (.625): DT Kawann Short PURDUE
28) San Francisco (.750): CB Xavier Rhodes FLORIDA ST
29) Baltimore (.750): OT Dallas Thomas TENNESSEE
30) Chicago (.875): C Barrett Jones ALABAMA
31) Houston (.875): WR DeAndre Hopkins CLEMSON
32) Atlanta (1.000): DT Jesse Williams ALABAMA

I tried to put a few kinks in there, and I just want to remind people that I do have a set method for creating the draft order or the Packers would be at 32. I created my method to encourage changes throughout the year to simulate different possibilities.
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:36 AM »
I know nothing of the DT your formula gives us this time around.  I don't know how to feel about it, is he any good?

Offline pkrjones

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 05:47:45 AM »
I know nothing of the DT your formula gives us this time around.  I don't know how to feel about it, is he any good?
6'-4", 322 with the feet of a RB (according to this article).  Sounds like a solid, grounded kid who probably won't make it all the way to #32  :)
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2012/09/ohio_state_buckeyes_johnathan_1.html

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »
I have this gut that Barkley drops.  Not a free fall like Rodgers but a big drop.  I have watched him 4 times this year, he does not make good decisions and for the talent around he should put up better numbers.   I also think Tyler Wilson is a little overvalued and Brey from Tennessee is undervalued. 

Not sure what to think about Smith from WVU. Big numbers early but playing against better defense his numbers have dropped.  That is why its fools gold to project guys early in the year based on production.   Someone will take a chance on him early just based on his athletic ability.  I have my doubts
"The day you sign a client is the day you start losing one."

Offline pkrjones

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »
Great Blue North has their 1st, early, 1st round projection posted... and they have Barkley @ #12 and your Packer pick (Johnathan Hankins-DT) #4 ~ that's what I get for getting even a little excited about a 6'-4", 322 lb DT with RB feet possibly falling to the Pack late in the round  :(

http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

• All Pro
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:32:03 AM »
Great Blue North has their 1st, early, 1st round projection posted... and they have Barkley @ #12 and your Packer pick (Johnathan Hankins-DT) #4 ~ that's what I get for getting even a little excited about a 6'-4", 322 lb DT with RB feet possibly falling to the Pack late in the round  :(

http://www.gbnreport.com/2013projection.html

There's a lot that could be picked about early with that mock, too. None of these are end-all. Any DT can really drop to be honest, because there are so many good ones. Jonathan Hankins is their #1 DT, but he's not my #1 DT and that's where the difference comes in. Hankins is my #3 DT and the #3 DT in that mock goes 20th overall, which is in the ballpark of 25th overall. I do agree that Hankins probably won't be there as he has only been there in one of my weekly mocks I believe.

Now there are some DT's that are likely to rise or that some places have higher than me. Sylvester Williams NORTH CAROLINA is 8th on the Scouts, Inc. Big Board, but I don't like that he would be a 25 year-old rookie. Hankins is the #3 DT on their board at 11th overall, but John Jenkins GEORGIA and Sheldon Richardson MISSOURI are close behind at 16 and 19 respectively (and Richardson is flying up the board). Kawann Short PURDUE has fallen to 27th, Bennie Logan LSU is there at 30th, and Sharriff Floyd FLORIDA is there at 31st. And another guy I personally think could break into the 1st round is Jesse Williams ALABAMA.

So what's my point? There isn't really a big difference between these guys and it really depends on who the person making the board is and what their preference on DT's is. Just because Great Blue North has Hankins 4th overall doesn't mean that he can't fall out of the 1st round. The offseason will matter a lot for these guys.

Offline Dubz41

• All Pro
  • Government Cheese
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
Would like to see OG Cooper, possible center; TE Eifert (we apparently have just guys there now), or CB Rhodes with our first pick.  Any one of the three would put a smile on my face. :D
It's not what he doesn't know that bothers me. It's what he knows for sure that just ain't so!-Will Rogers

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
I like Eifert, not sure if he's worth a first rounder for most teams...but since we will pick at 32 it would be great! ;D

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 06:28:24 AM »
I like Eifert, not sure if he's worth a first rounder for most teams...but since we will pick at 32 it would be great! ;D

He is so hard to gauge since he has a very average at best QB throwing to him.  What somewhat surprised me watching him against PITT is how he was used also.   Split wide alot to isolate on a S or LB and a lot of "jump balls" in the end zone.  Problem was he did not get good separation when split wide.   

• All Pro
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 11:48:07 AM »

He is so hard to gauge since he has a very average at best QB throwing to him.  What somewhat surprised me watching him against PITT is how he was used also.   Split wide alot to isolate on a S or LB and a lot of "jump balls" in the end zone.  Problem was he did not get good separation when split wide.

I think that's a good point. When Tommy Reese comes in, a much better pocket passer, Eifert seems to be used in much better ways. He consistently wins up the seam, and he uses his size well.

Online claymaker

• HOF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 12:32:20 PM »
I don't like drafting a WR in round one, especially late. I want to see the big guys. I think Green Bay's best move is to trade out.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 11:35:47 PM »
There is a fair amount of pain for us when TT trades his 1st rounder to move back.  I hate when he does that because I get so amped to see who he picks.  That being said, the last time he did it he drafted Jordy.  Turned out OK I guess.... ;D

Offline Packinatl

• HOF Member
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:01 AM »

I think that's a good point. When Tommy Reese comes in, a much better pocket passer, Eifert seems to be used in much better ways. He consistently wins up the seam, and he uses his size well.

I would not go as far as he consistently wins up the seam.  Even with Reese they split him out wide.  Its one thing to "win" a route vs a D1 LB with below average speed and then replicate it at the next level.  I just have my doubts about him at the next level

Offline mavajo

• HOF Member
  • sinatra - Posting at www.gbpackeraddicts.com now.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 07:11:29 AM »
no chance Barkley goes to Cleveland, not with what they have invented in Weeden.  He may go number 1 but it will be via trade.  Not sold on Smith, looks very average against better defense,

I'm not so sure about that.  New ownership may decide to go in a different direction.  Plus, top picks are much more reasonable now.  Even if you have more pressing needs (which I'm not really sure they do, simply by merit of how important the quarterback is), I don't think you pass up a chance to upgrade at quarterback.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:13:27 AM by mavajo »