November 23, 2020, 11:06:04 AM

Author Topic: Quick Top 32 Mock Draft  (Read 12411 times)

Offline Drew the Draft Guru

• All Pro
  • Twitter: @DraftHobbyist
    • DraftHobbyist's NFL Draft Site
Re: Quick Top 32 Mock Draft
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 11:08:11 AM »
2013 NFL Mock Drafts (DATE: 11/10/2012):
1) Kansas City: ILB Manti Te'o NOTRE DAME
2) Jacksonville: DE Damontre Moore TEXAS A&M
3) Cleveland: OLB Jarvis Jones GEORGIA
4) Carolina: DT Star Lotulelei UTAH
5) Oakland: DE Bjoern Werner FLORIDA ST
6) Philadelphia: OT Luke Joeckel TEXAS A&M
7) St Louis: OT Jake Matthews TEXAS A&M
8) Arizona: QB Matt Barkley SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
9) Tennessee: CB Dee Milliner ALABAMA
10) Miami: DE Cornellius Carradine FLORIDA ST
11) St Louis (from Washington): DT Johnathan Jenkins GEORGIA
12) Detroit: WR Terrance Williams BAYLOR
13) San Diego: ILB Alec Ogletree GEORGIA
14) New York Jets: QB Geno Smith WEST VIRGINIA
15) Buffalo: QB Tyler Wilson ARKANSAS
16) Dallas: OLB Barkevious Mingo LOUISIANA ST
17) Cincinnati: DT Jesse Williams ALABAMA
18) New Orleans: DT Louis Nix III NOTRE DAME
19) Minnesota: DT Johnathan Hankins OHIO ST
20) Tampa Bay: OG Jonathan Cooper NORTH CAROLINA
PLAYOFFS
21) Seattle (.600): WR Justin Hunter TENNESSEE
22) Pittsburgh (.600): OT Eric Fisher CENTRAL MICHIGAN
23) Indianapolis (.600): OG Chance Warmack ALABAMA
24) Chicago (.700): OT Taylor Lewan MICHIGAN
25) New York Giants (.600): CB Xavier Rhodes FLORIDA ST
26) Denver (.700): DT Sheldon Richardson MISSOURI
27) Green Bay (.700): TE Tyler Eifert NOTRE DAME
28) New England (.700): WR Tavon Austin WEST VIRGINIA
29) San Francisco (.750): DT Kawann Short PURDUE
30) Baltimore (.800): ILB CJ Mosley ALABAMA
31) Atlanta (.900): DE Alex Okafor TEXAS
32) Houston (.900): WR DeAndre Hopkins CLEMSON
I AM NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DREW BOYLHART!!

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 11:43:05 AM »
While I agree that the first two teams should go a different direction, still think they go QB. Jax has new ownership and most likely a new GM when season is done and KC is just a mess. If i was them would build with BAP regardless, but most likely they will again go for QB out of desperation.

Surprised you have Hankins so low. Most mocks seem to have him to the Panthers so far.

Also surprised you don't have Corner Jonathan Banks in round 1.

Nice job on addressing needs for for all but one team....Detroit. They need either a DL or Corner and really a Corner even more so.

• All Pro
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:43 PM »
While I agree that the first two teams should go a different direction, still think they go QB. Jax has new ownership and most likely a new GM when season is done and KC is just a mess. If i was them would build with BAP regardless, but most likely they will again go for QB out of desperation.

Surprised you have Hankins so low. Most mocks seem to have him to the Panthers so far.

Nice job on addressing needs for for all but one team....Detroit. They need either a DL or Corner and really a Corner even more so.

Thanks for the compliment. I really wanted to give Detroit either a CB or DE, but there just wasn't anybody there unless they would want to reach on Xavier Rhodes, but I wasn't ready to do that for them. The reason I chose Terrance Williams was because he was the top player on my board (or one of them) and they are having problems with Titus Young. I think they are set at DT with Fairley and Suh.

Banks is a guy that I have had in the 1st but I have recently dropped him. He's still in the area and could get back up there.

Hankins, on the other hand, is a guy I have never been a big fan of. I think his quickness that others talk about is overstated, and he gets fatigued more quickly than I would like. Wisconsin really gashed Ohio St up the middle. It's almost like Badgers were targeting Hankins. I do really like the size of Hankins, but that's not enough for me.

On KAN and JAC, that will be interesting. I had given at least 1 of the top 2 teams a QB in every previous mock I did, so it was time to switch it up. I didn't feel good about the KAN pick. An ILB going #1 overall? Maybe it could just happen because Te'o is such a stud and this seems like one of those drafts where teams just need to get a player and Te'o is probably one of the safest picks there is. This is such a weak draft, and I think it's going to get weaker not stronger when some of these guys decide to go back to school or get injured.

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts. Do you have any specific thoughts on Banks? Who would you have gone with for DET in this scenario?

Oh, and I think we might see some really cheap trade downs. If the Packers decide they want to trade up for a guy this might be a good draft to do it, but that's a discussion best left for another post I think.

Offline Terranimal

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 02:50:53 PM »

Thanks for the compliment. I really wanted to give Detroit either a CB or DE, but there just wasn't anybody there unless they would want to reach on Xavier Rhodes, but I wasn't ready to do that for them. The reason I chose Terrance Williams was because he was the top player on my board (or one of them) and they are having problems with Titus Young. I think they are set at DT with Fairley and Suh.

Banks is a guy that I have had in the 1st but I have recently dropped him. He's still in the area and could get back up there.

Hankins, on the other hand, is a guy I have never been a big fan of. I think his quickness that others talk about is overstated, and he gets fatigued more quickly than I would like. Wisconsin really gashed Ohio St up the middle. It's almost like Badgers were targeting Hankins. I do really like the size of Hankins, but that's not enough for me.

On KAN and JAC, that will be interesting. I had given at least 1 of the top 2 teams a QB in every previous mock I did, so it was time to switch it up. I didn't feel good about the KAN pick. An ILB going #1 overall? Maybe it could just happen because Te'o is such a stud and this seems like one of those drafts where teams just need to get a player and Te'o is probably one of the safest picks there is. This is such a weak draft, and I think it's going to get weaker not stronger when some of these guys decide to go back to school or get injured.

Anyways, thanks for the thoughts. Do you have any specific thoughts on Banks? Who would you have gone with for DET in this scenario?

Oh, and I think we might see some really cheap trade downs. If the Packers decide they want to trade up for a guy this might be a good draft to do it, but that's a discussion best left for another post I think.

Well both Banks and Rhodes were on the Packers' radar last year until they went back to school, so that should tell ya a little something...;)

Both have been rising up the boards in round one, but depends on whose mock on which week you are reading also. Personally like both of them and if one was on the board would take them w/o hesitation for the Pack. Both have faced some of the best WRs in the Country and fared well against them over the last two years. That's a big plus in my book.

As far as to which is rated over the other comes down to preference and what a team is looking for. This is something the combine drills might have to sort out. But personally would have gave one of the two to the Lions.

Speaking of, while the Lions are set at DT, they aren't at DE. Both are getting old and both are set to be free agents.....

As for Williams, can't argue on talent, but think Lions have greater needs....OL, DE, CB. Plus they drafted Broyles, who some of us had compared to Robert Brooks prior to Broyles injury. He looks to be coming back now as I watched him against the Pack. Could be the missing piece to add to Megatron. So imo have bigger and more pressing needs than WR. Now if McMillian was still running the team...... ::)

I like T'eo and think he will be a good player. He is a safe pick, but is he worthy of being the top overall and best player in the entire draft? I don't think so....maybe down the road it works out that way. But generally speaking at the top of the draft these days it usually comes down to pass rusher (OLB/DE) Left Tackle, DT, or QB.

I did think this was a weak draft at first, but not anymore. It is a little better than average and more than that if the juniors do come out. If seniors only, yeah then it could be weak. But that is also true of any draft in recent years.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
Do you guys really think Green Bay would take a corner in the first round this year?  I almost feel as if we are set in our secondary for a few years baring any injuries.  I change my mind a lot, but this time of year it's ok to do that with drafts I think :).  I would like a RB, TE, LB and OL in this draft high.  I've said this before, and I know it's a near impossibility, but I want Te'o in a bad way.  I really think he will be THE next great linebacker in the NFL, he can do it all.  As far as TE's go, I don't know what to think really.  I have this lingering thing where I hope Finley will just be what we all want him to be, but fear he never will.  I do like Eiffert.  At RB you guys have seen that I'm all about Taylor, Lacy, or Barner, and I haven't read much on the other backs Drew has mentioned, but Randle sounds intriguing.  As far as OL, I know that we need a C, I'm just not sure how things are gonna shake out with our current roster.
If you're gonna be dumb, you've gotta be tough.

• All Pro
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 10:19:29 AM »
Do you guys really think Green Bay would take a corner in the first round this year?  I almost feel as if we are set in our secondary for a few years baring any injuries.  I change my mind a lot, but this time of year it's ok to do that with drafts I think :).  I would like a RB, TE, LB and OL in this draft high.  I've said this before, and I know it's a near impossibility, but I want Te'o in a bad way.  I really think he will be THE next great linebacker in the NFL, he can do it all.  As far as TE's go, I don't know what to think really.  I have this lingering thing where I hope Finley will just be what we all want him to be, but fear he never will.  I do like Eiffert.  At RB you guys have seen that I'm all about Taylor, Lacy, or Barner, and I haven't read much on the other backs Drew has mentioned, but Randle sounds intriguing.  As far as OL, I know that we need a C, I'm just not sure how things are gonna shake out with our current roster.

Definitely look into RB's Randle and Franklin if you haven't then, but if you buy the argument that Ball has too much wear and tear than you have to buy that argument with Franklin, too.

As far as CB, no I don't think the Packers will take a CB in the 1st round. They loved House before he got injured and he has not disappointed. On top of that, House is probably our #3 right now and we traded up to get Hayward.  Shields isn't bad, especially for a #4. If we did take Rhodes, I would instantly think they were going to convert him to S, but I don't think they want to take a S that highly, either.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 06:33:21 PM »

Definitely look into RB's Randle and Franklin if you haven't then, but if you buy the argument that Ball has too much wear and tear than you have to buy that argument with Franklin, too.

As far as CB, no I don't think the Packers will take a CB in the 1st round. They loved House before he got injured and he has not disappointed. On top of that, House is probably our #3 right now and we traded up to get Hayward.  Shields isn't bad, especially for a #4. If we did take Rhodes, I would instantly think they were going to convert him to S, but I don't think they want to take a S that highly, either.

I agree with you.  I like our secondary and that they haven't come close to their potential.  I always have a few players I keep my eyes on, but they usually don't fall to us.  Not since Hawk, and then Raji have we taken a guy I really had my eyes on in the 1st, but that's due to our drafting position.  I don't think I'd be a good GM, both of those guys really probably haven't lived up to their draft positions for the most part.  Though to be honest I haven't read as much in the past as I am this year, so I will have a wider gaze.

Sorry to ask this but where is Franklin from?  I don't recognize the name.

• All Pro
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »

I agree with you.  I like our secondary and that they haven't come close to their potential.  I always have a few players I keep my eyes on, but they usually don't fall to us.  Not since Hawk, and then Raji have we taken a guy I really had my eyes on in the 1st, but that's due to our drafting position.  I don't think I'd be a good GM, both of those guys really probably haven't lived up to their draft positions for the most part.  Though to be honest I haven't read as much in the past as I am this year, so I will have a wider gaze.

Franklin is a RB out of UCLA.
Here's a profile on him: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82662&draftyear=2013&genpos=RB
His stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/110/1015828/index.html
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqu06Tj9dTw

I'd say Franklin's value right now is around the 4th round, which is really nice. I like some of these 2nd round guys, but if they do go before we pick in the 2nd round it's nice that Franklin is there to pick later. Does a guy like Montee Ball or Andre Ellington give you enough extra to warrant being picked 2 rounds earlier? Anyways, I hope this helps you out.

And real quickly, Hawk definitely hasn't lived up to the #5 overall pick, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say Raji hasn't. I know some fans want more out of him, but he played like a stud for the first few years and he played like 90% of the snaps earlier in his career. I'd say that's getting enough out of a Top 10 guy.

Offline jthiel86

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 06:37:07 AM »

Franklin is a RB out of UCLA.
Here's a profile on him: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82662&draftyear=2013&genpos=RB
His stats: http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/110/1015828/index.html
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqu06Tj9dTw

I'd say Franklin's value right now is around the 4th round, which is really nice. I like some of these 2nd round guys, but if they do go before we pick in the 2nd round it's nice that Franklin is there to pick later. Does a guy like Montee Ball or Andre Ellington give you enough extra to warrant being picked 2 rounds earlier? Anyways, I hope this helps you out.

And real quickly, Hawk definitely hasn't lived up to the #5 overall pick, but I'm not sure I'm ready to say Raji hasn't. I know some fans want more out of him, but he played like a stud for the first few years and he played like 90% of the snaps earlier in his career. I'd say that's getting enough out of a Top 10 guy.

It's no joke that Franklin passed up MJD on UCLAs all time rushing leader list.  I guess I never really thought that Ball had too much miles on him I just felt like this whole season, up until the OSU game, that he just didn't have much of a burst.  But while watching that OSU game there were a couple carries I though White was carrying the ball and not Ball, when I realized it was Ball I was shocked at how quick he moved.

I'm not a huge fan of any RBs from Clemson.  Ellington isn't close to the back there that Spiller was in that offense, and to my knowledge he didn't have the help that Ellington does in their QB and WR.  If we did go after Ellington for me that'd be a later pick, even though DS has him at number one.  I don't really get why he is that high.

How do you feel about Mike Gillislee?  I really like him, from what I see of him he's a tough runner with some decent speed.  I think he's running in a more pro-style offense at Florida now, and am just impressed by him.  He gashed LSU for 146 yards and I think he would translate well in the NFL.  I like his style of running, and I think he could be a 3rd-4th rounder.

I really don't think Ball or Ellington is worth a 2nd rounder at this point.  I would take Ball in the 3rd though.  He has an ok mix of skills and could be a back that would work in GB.  My concerns on him are homerun speed, which I'm don't think he has, and being from Wisconsin I worry about him being a product of the system like Dayne and Clay before him.

Offline 246 toothpicks

• Starter
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 02:41:17 PM »
I could see a versatile lineman like Barrett Jones going to the Packers in round 1.