November 16, 2018, 12:08:54 AM

Author Topic: Montgomery traded  (Read 640 times)

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Montgomery traded
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:20:51 PM »
Packers traded Montgomery to the Ravens.

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Ravens are trading a 7th-round pick in 2020 draft to Packers for Ty Montgomery, per source. Packers clearly wanted to move on, and so did Montgomery.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 12:21:35 PM by RT »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: Montgomery traded
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 12:27:02 PM »
It also has been reported that he fumbled his luggage in an attempt to catch the first flight out of town and will now will be on the second flight out of town.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 12:27:26 PM »
I think it benefits everyone. Teams and player.

Will be interesting to see if McCarthy's scheme was indeed limiting Montgomery in the passing game. Most felt he could have been more of a matchup problem than he was, but I tend to believe that he lost a lot of his explosiveness and shiftyness when he bulked up for the pounding a RB takes. Basically turning him into a JAG athletically. I don't care what the listed weights say...they lie. It was well documented that he transformed his body the last couple years. The guy is built solid.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 12:55:51 PM »
I think it benefits everyone. Teams and player.

Will be interesting to see if McCarthy's scheme was indeed limiting Montgomery in the passing game. Most felt he could have been more of a matchup problem than he was, but I tend to believe that he lost a lot of his explosiveness and shiftyness when he bulked up for the pounding a RB takes. Basically turning him into a JAG athletically. I don't care what the listed weights say...they lie. It was well documented that he transformed his body the last couple years. The guy is built solid.

I agree, for everyone in the locker room he just needed to be gone. 

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 01:14:29 PM »
I thought the initial locker-room stuff about Monty was overblown, but apparently not...

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 01:27:38 PM »
A 2020 7th rounder? All things considered, acceptable. Especially since Montgomery is an UFA at the end of this year. So the Ravens now have to re-sign him, or they'll have given up a draft pick for a guy who plays for them less than half a season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/ty-montgomery-16820/
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »
A 2020 7th rounder? All things considered, acceptable. Especially since Montgomery is an UFA at the end of this year. So the Ravens now have to re-sign him, or they'll have given up a draft pick for a guy who plays for them less than half a season.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/ty-montgomery-16820/

If he show's anything for BALT, he won't be expensive to resign.

Offline Payne85

• Rookie
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »
a 7th Rounder?

Meaning something with virtually zero value.

That's a pretty weak locker room to say those things about him and a pretty weak front office to run him out of town for a 7th.

Remember, his decision didn't actually cost us a game......it cost us a chance to win a game.  We also had the same chance on the drive before that netted no first downs.

Payne85

Offline Divot

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2018, 01:50:23 PM »
Our 3rd best back, but I always liked Monty.   this is one where I think the change in offense will be huge for him and he will light things up.   Wish we had gotten better than a 7th but we didn't have any leverage.

Online Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 01:54:36 PM »
a 7th Rounder?

That's a pretty weak locker room to say those things about him and a pretty weak front office to run him out of town for a 7th.

Remember, his decision didn't actually cost us a game......it cost us a chance to win a game.  We also had the same chance on the drive before that netted no first downs.

Payne85

He defied the coaches and cost a chance to win the game. The insubordination is worse. The coaching staff could not maintain any credibility if he got away with it. Montgomery was also the one on the previous drive who was in to block on 3rd down when Rodgers got sacked.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
Disappointed in this trade, but thats life in the NFL.  I wish him well in Balt.  We gotta move on.

Offline JerryA

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2018, 02:16:09 PM »
This is a classic addition by subtraction...Team will be better of without
1.  HAHA...guy couldn't tackle and had no ball skills... replace will be better
2. Ty...other 2 RB's will get more touches with having to give Ty his few 6 + snaps per game.
The only part missing was to replace Zook!

Online rock county

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2018, 04:17:38 PM »
Monty played no specific position well.

Personally, I'm surprised that he made the final roster.

Good bargain, in my opinion.

Online packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2018, 04:41:28 PM »
Maybe now Aaron Jones can get 14 carries instead of 12.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
a 7th Rounder?

Payne85

He defied the coaches and cost a chance to win the game. The insubordination is worse. The coaching staff could not maintain any credibility if he got away with it. Montgomery was also the one on the previous drive who was in to block on 3rd down when Rodgers got sacked.

This!👆
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 05:59:22 PM by Bignutz »