General Category > Green Bay Packers News Talk

Montgomery traded

(1/4) > >>

RT:
Packers traded Montgomery to the Ravens.

Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow Follow @AdamSchefter
More
Ravens are trading a 7th-round pick in 2020 draft to Packers for Ty Montgomery, per source. Packers clearly wanted to move on, and so did Montgomery.

RT:
It also has been reported that he fumbled his luggage in an attempt to catch the first flight out of town and will now will be on the second flight out of town.

skcusICH:
I think it benefits everyone. Teams and player.

Will be interesting to see if McCarthy's scheme was indeed limiting Montgomery in the passing game. Most felt he could have been more of a matchup problem than he was, but I tend to believe that he lost a lot of his explosiveness and shiftyness when he bulked up for the pounding a RB takes. Basically turning him into a JAG athletically. I don't care what the listed weights say...they lie. It was well documented that he transformed his body the last couple years. The guy is built solid.

RT:

--- Quote from: skcusICH on October 30, 2018, 12:27:26 PM ---I think it benefits everyone. Teams and player.

Will be interesting to see if McCarthy's scheme was indeed limiting Montgomery in the passing game. Most felt he could have been more of a matchup problem than he was, but I tend to believe that he lost a lot of his explosiveness and shiftyness when he bulked up for the pounding a RB takes. Basically turning him into a JAG athletically. I don't care what the listed weights say...they lie. It was well documented that he transformed his body the last couple years. The guy is built solid.

--- End quote ---

I agree, for everyone in the locker room he just needed to be gone. 

WTX_Cheese:
I thought the initial locker-room stuff about Monty was overblown, but apparently not...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version