November 16, 2018, 12:17:17 AM

Author Topic: Montgomery traded  (Read 641 times)

Offline craig

• HOF Member
Re: Montgomery traded
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2018, 06:21:00 PM »
I wonder if the "defied the coaches" stuff is really true.  Montgomery hasn't returned all that many NFL kicks.  Was it made explicitly clear that 2:05 is a totally different deal than the routine kick?  That because of the 2-minute timeout, that you very much do NOT want to burn that 5 seconds, and that running it out is going to cost you a TO? 

I'm not confident that the Packers coaching is always so clear about unique-situation details like that.

Or else whether Zook with his yelled-out scratchy-voice would have actually been heard. 

Obviously it's possible that he said it, that everybody else heard it, and that MM chose to blatantly disregard. 
Or that he said it, that everybody else heard it, but that Monty was so distracted by the situation or by his getting pulled earlier or by his critical blocking blunder a couple of minutes early that he didn't hear it. 

Whatever, I think it's a sad and ugly deal that:
1.   he made such a bad decision to waste the valuable clock stoppage,
2.  then fumbled the ball away,
3.  then in his post-complaint comments acted like the ball was in front of the goal-line when it was clearly in the end zone
4.  and then that teammates were stabbing a teammate after the fact
5.  And were too cowardly to put a name with the knife. 

Really seems like a pretty toxic clubhouse that MM's assembled. 

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2018, 06:24:18 PM »
I wonder if the "defied the coaches" stuff is really true.  Montgomery hasn't returned all that many NFL kicks.  Was it made explicitly clear that 2:05 is a totally different deal than the routine kick?  That because of the 2-minute timeout, that you very much do NOT want to burn that 5 seconds, and that running it out is going to cost you a TO? 

I'm not confident that the Packers coaching is always so clear about unique-situation details like that.

Or else whether Zook with his yelled-out scratchy-voice would have actually been heard. 

Obviously it's possible that he said it, that everybody else heard it, and that MM chose to blatantly disregard. 
Or that he said it, that everybody else heard it, but that Monty was so distracted by the situation or by his getting pulled earlier or by his critical blocking blunder a couple of minutes early that he didn't hear it. 

Whatever, I think it's a sad and ugly deal that:
1.   he made such a bad decision to waste the valuable clock stoppage,
2.  then fumbled the ball away,
3.  then in his post-complaint comments acted like the ball was in front of the goal-line when it was clearly in the end zone
4.  and then that teammates were stabbing a teammate after the fact
5.  And were too cowardly to put a name with the knife. 

People wont put their name out there because they don't want to be labeled the villain, but they want people to know what really happened.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2018, 06:28:03 PM »

Gutekunst assembles the roster. MM coaches it. Also, it is only human to be really angry with someone that took away any chance you had to win a huge game. Should they have confronted him in person? And possibly have had it turn into at least a shouting match, if not a physical altercation?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 05:12:57 AM »
What are we going to do with the coach who failed to throw a challenge flag on the punt where Shields toe was on the line?  Then the following play he calls a dive into an 8 man front resulting in a safety.  What was the score 29-27? 

Look Montgomery and Dix both had to go and should've both been traded sooner.  This team will go nowhere until it gets rid of non-talented nonperforming players/  Hopefully Perry is not to far behind.  I'm not sure hoe he takes a paycheck!  I've seen him make 1 tackle this year and blocked one pass!

Cleveland is beckoning for McCarthy.  Only problem is as Bill Goldberg would say Who's Next!