November 15, 2018, 11:11:38 PM

Author Topic: Ha Ha traded?  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
Re: Ha Ha traded?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 07:04:43 AM »
If they lose Ha in FA, the most they could get is a late 4th compensatory pick in 2020.  More likely a 5th.

The Packers wont get comp picks next year and if the Packers are aggressive in free agency, as expected, they won't get comp picks in 2020 either.

So, this looks like a net gain of  a 4th in 2019.

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 07:08:01 AM »
We all know that the GB front office has a fundamental opposition to trading a draft pick, any draft pick.
I cannot imagine them being willing to trade a future draft pick for anyone at the trade deadline.  That is just the way it has been.

Also, if anyone but Ty is returning the kickoff, there is a higher probability of winning the game, so trading him is win now.  Besides, MM didn't know how to use him.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »
If they lose Ha in FA, the most they could get is a late 4th compensatory pick in 2020.  More likely a 5th.

The Packers wont get comp picks next year and if the Packers are aggressive in free agency, as expected, they won't get comp picks in 2020 either.

All correct!  thumbsup)

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 07:50:57 AM »
We all know that the GB front office has a fundamental opposition to trading a draft pick, any draft pick.
I cannot imagine them being willing to trade a future draft pick for anyone at the trade deadline.  That is just the way it has been.

Also, if anyone but Ty is returning the kickoff, there is a higher probability of winning the game, so trading him is win now.  Besides, MM didn't know how to use him.

You are right, MM did not know how to use him. He should have been used the way that Atlanta uses Tevin Coleman. It will be interesting if he goes to Baltimore and they make him a versatile all purpose back who excels in big games.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 09:34:36 AM »

Gutekunst has stated that he is indeed ready to be more aggtessive in FA next year:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/31/packers-g-m-free-agent-strategy-factored-into-trade/

Good call, Donzo.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Donzo

• HOF Member
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »
Thanks, but I can't take credit for calling that... I've been paying attention to the situation and this is the consensus train of thought.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2018, 11:30:37 PM »
Like others I don't understand this trade.

The only way it makes sense is that GB did not want to pay him next year and wanted to get something for him.

Or, perhaps they think they see someone at CB who can play safety. 

I was not a big fan of HHCD but the was our one decent FS.  Brice is more like a SS.  HHCD knows how to float and break up or intercept passes.

I hope we make a good pick with the fourth.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 07:03:46 PM »
Well I was right.  Tramon is going to move to safety.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »
Well I was right.  Tramon is going to move to safety.

Did they announce that? Hopefully Josh Jones goes to strong safety. Then King, Alexander, Jackson and Breeland can man the CB spots.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."