December 10, 2018, 06:52:55 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Patriots Game Day Thread  (Read 1709 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Patriots Game Day Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2018, 09:53:55 PM »
Please stop trashing Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

The guy played his heart out for this team.

Apparently you didnt watch his effort last year after Arod went out. And did you not hear him say he wasnt going to come back to green bay? He didnt want to be here.

Let's be fair, please. C-D only stated he apparently was leaving GB because the team decided not to offer him a new contract during the off-season. Its a business. Management decided they wanted to replace their employee with someone else. The employee then said, "I guess I'm not going to be working here once my contract is up." He was stating facts, not a desire to leave.

I just read through all the comments. I think this would be a good exercise for everyone. And hopefully an opportunity to change and grow.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 10:10:20 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #166 on: November 05, 2018, 07:01:52 AM »
At least we kept it close for awhile, until the last 15 minutes.  And it was at their place.

But I have to say in deference to the Pats: the use of those gadget plays was pretty effective, and BB's decision to put Patterson in the backfield worked.

That is why BB is BB.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #167 on: November 05, 2018, 07:56:37 AM »
Any time our defense had the wrong players on the field, New England was in hurry-up mode, and it was effective. You'd argue New England's offensive talent is really no better or worse than ours, granted, Tom usually has all day to throw, but they seemed to have players open the majority of the game.

I thought our defense played well the last two games considering both were on the road vs. respectable offenses, can't make mistakes.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #168 on: November 05, 2018, 12:38:23 PM »
Last night was just one more example of Bill Belichick being Bill Belichick. He is just better than every coach in the NFL. The talent levels were no different on the field last night, but the talent levels on the sidelines were.

The number one difference maker in the NFL never even steps on the field.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2018, 06:27:01 AM »
Last night was just one more example of Bill Belichick being Bill Belichick. He is just better than every coach in the NFL. The talent levels were no different on the field last night, but the talent levels on the sidelines were.

The number one difference maker in the NFL never even steps on the field.

True, Belichick is the best coach in the league. The best of all time? But lets recall that the last time AR and TB met in Lambeau, it was MM who outcoached Belichick, and the Packers got a hard fought win. The difference in coaches is one is still on top of his game, while the other seems to be more focused on the future, and not the present. If, as you and I both seem to believe, MM knows he is retiring, his focus has shifted. He is no longer a coach, but a guy waiting to retire. He'll do his best, but his heart and mind are elsewhere. And the team knows it.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid