November 15, 2018, 11:58:03 PM

Author Topic: Tramon to Safety...  (Read 415 times)

Offline WTX_Cheese

• All Pro
Tramon to Safety...
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:32:53 PM »
Apparently Pettine has asked Tramon to play more Safety now that HaHa is out of the picture... discuss!

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Tramon to Safety...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 07:28:25 PM »
Good. Tramon has lost a step, but he has the ball skills. Playing further back with a chance to read the field should be great for him, and the back end of the defense. Jones needs to be promoted to SS. That would make the secondary very very scary.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:34 PM »
Several posters on here said they thought Williams might well be made a safety after C-D was traded. Pettine had used Tramon at safety in Cleveland previously, so he has to be pretty confident he can do the job. Also, this could have been the deciding factor in the trade. Once PEttine made it clear he had a backup he was confident could more than adequately fill the empty spot, C-D was gone.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 01:09:01 AM »
I'm hoping that Josh Jones will see more playing time as T.Will's backup. Since Breeland is also now ready to play, I'd like to see where he fits in, as well.

The young receivers have been getting playing time (and doing well with it), same with Oren Burks.  Now it seems time for second year guys guys J.J. and Montravius Adams, both day two draft picks, to get more snaps. Time for the training wheels to come off.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 07:12:34 AM »
I'm hoping that Josh Jones will see more playing time as T.Will's backup. Since Breeland is also now ready to play, I'd like to see where he fits in, as well.

The young receivers have been getting playing time (and doing well with it), same with Oren Burks.  Now it seems time for second year guys guys J.J. and Montravius Adams, both day two draft picks, to get more snaps. Time for the training wheels to come off.

I think you will. Specifically to T. Williams, he is going to be part of the solution at safety - hardly a full time starter. Listed at 190, maybe soaking wet with pads on, Tramon will need to be protected against the run. His strong suit has never been taking on blocks and tackling.  In many ways this may also help Brice - who seems much more suited to play up rather than consistently deep at safety. I think we are going to see a number of combinations that play to the strengths of the talent on the roster, and hopefully keep the opposition guessing.

Safety in the NFL takes time to learn in the NFL - some of that learning can only come by playing. I too hope to start seeing more of Josh Jones - who athletically reminds me a lot of Nick Collins.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Online Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »
I'm for whatever gets the best players on the field

Online B

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 09:51:00 AM »

Me too Whiskey.
The Green Bay Packers never lost a football game.
They just ran out of time.
-Vince Lombardi

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »

Me too Whiskey.

I'm rooting for getting the worst players in. Does that make me head coach material ?  <sarcasm>
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"