November 15, 2018, 11:22:36 PM

Author Topic: The rest of the season  (Read 1257 times)

Online SET4YRS

• Starter
Re: The rest of the season
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »

We should be able to beat CHI/MINNY head to head and finish out the remaining schedule winning a game or two more than them to take the division. I do feel like we are still a good football team with some hick-ups. In years past we saw TT build the roster to overcome conference rivals like SF and SEA. The most recent is ATL and it looks like GUTE is going after that one. So for me, the ATL game is the true test to see how we would do in the playoffs if we get there. Gotta fix the hick-ups along the way.

Offline JerryA

• Rookie
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
I think we can win out.  D is playing better every week. Now we just have to get AR to take the short quick passes over the middle instead of going for the deep TD stuff.  No need to go for the bombs on 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 4 early.  Yes, maybe with a nice lead that might be a good strategy to put the game away but not very good early or in tight games.  Lets just get the lead!

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 05:43:07 AM »
I think we can win out.  D is playing better every week. Now we just have to get AR to take the short quick passes over the middle instead of going for the deep TD stuff.  No need to go for the bombs on 2nd and 6 and 3rd and 4 early.  Yes, maybe with a nice lead that might be a good strategy to put the game away but not very good early or in tight games.  Lets just get the lead!

Love your enthusiasm! Hope you are right!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2018, 07:48:50 AM »

Being optimistic is one thing, but Green Bay has yet to win a road game this year and have road contests still to play at SEA, MN, CHI, and NYJ's.

With the exception of the Jets, do we really have that high of a confidence of beating our division rivals, and SEA (12th man and all)..........in their respective houses..........with an average losing road spread this year of 9.5 points?

That's one mighty high hill to climb, and reading between the lines of what players like Cobb, Rodgers, and others have been saying recently I have reason to worry.

Just my twocents)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
What matters is the game tomorrow. Nothing else. At this point, projecting wins over opponents two or three weeks out is very premature. There are eight games left, and I'm hoping for more games similar to the Bears, which was hugely entertaining and successful, rather than some of the dismal efforts this team has slept walked through this season. At this point, even if the Packers somehow win out, make the playoffs and go deep, they still need a major overhaul from the coaches on down. I'm not giving up, I'm just very disappointed.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline phanatic1

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 08:26:56 AM »
I fully expect this team to win tomorrow against Miami.  They should.  They are better than Miami and with it going to be 30 degrees and dropping as the game goes on, the Dolphins probably won't put up much of fight. 

But, the Miami game was the expected win of this 5 game stretch.  Going into this string of games, most felt a 1-4 record was probable and if they could get out with a 2-3 record, it would be above expectations.  If - and a big if - the Packers would lose tomorrow, I think we will witness a full blown wheels come off melt down that will lead to a couple of ugly losses at Seattle and Minnesota. 

Reading the article in JS today about Matthews and Perry citing different roles as to why their numbers are down actually kind of re-affirms my feelings about this team.  Instead of the standard that most would seem to be a logical explanation "gotta play better or just not making the plays" the search for an excuse seems to be the way to go about explaining the lack of production.  It sure seemed both of those guys had a ton of one on one chances last Sunday and neither could be found.  Yes the scheme has changed, but both are getting a lot of opportunities to rush the passer and neither are doing it very well. 

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 07:17:45 AM »
Then again we lose to LA and NE because of stupid, high school mistakes. I thought we hung in there with both of these teams.  twocents)