December 10, 2018, 06:10:04 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks Game Day Thread  (Read 1731 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks Game Day Thread
« on: November 13, 2018, 08:07:40 AM »
Sunday was as step in the right direction. More running (finally!), some timely defense and no head slapping plays to give the game away. Good. Now the Packers play their old nemesis in Seattle. Where bad things have happened more than once. At this point, this is a one game season for the Packers, similar to the playoffs. We'll see what happens, and I'll remain optimistic, but the clock is ticking. Maybe this season will be like the Bears game- a horrible first half followed by an exhilirating second half and a winning outcome. Never give up!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Seahawks Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 08:39:12 AM »
Verified account

@ByRyanWood
Follow
Follow @ByRyanWood

More
McCarthy on Thursday night games: "This is difficult for all the players in the league to come off of a Sunday game and play on a Thursday night."

Add in that the Packers need to travel 2 time zones to play this game and they now are facing the most difficult situation on their schedule this season.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 08:41:39 AM »
Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow
Follow @RobDemovsky

More
Why has Seattle been a tough place for the Packers to play? "I think it's a difficult place for everyone to play," Mike McCarthy said and then he joked that "their stereo system is the best in the league."

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 10:31:52 AM »
  This game is the momentum changer. Win this one, then go into Minny and make a statement.

We play CHI and Minny once each. CHI and Minny play each other twice. CHI still has the Rams, Minny still has the Pats. Still lots of losses to go around to our division rivals.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 02:27:55 PM »

Tom Silverstein

Verified account

@TomSilverstein
 2m
2 minutes ago

More
#Packers who won’t travel to Seattle: S Kentrell Brice, WR Randall Cobb, CB Kevin King and LB Nick Perry

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 08:10:23 PM »
I've experienced  CenturyLink Field more times than I care to count.  You get to those lower seats and you have to yell as loud as you can in somone's ear to have a conversation.  Can't imagine what its like out in the middle of the field.  Gotta go with silent counts and hand signals.  Rodgers and some of the vets have been though it a few times, its the younger guys that could have problems.

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 07:25:12 AM »
Need to get ahead in this game early, as we have learned in the past vs. Seattle, no lead is safe playing there.

Contain Wilson, and stop their run game, Seattle has been running the ball very well of late.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 08:02:47 AM »
This is a crossroads game for the Packers.  I believe their season will sink or swim tonight.  Seattle is right there in that WC mix.  This game could go a long way in determining a lot of things for the future of the current Packer organization.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:04:12 AM by The GM »

Offline PackerYakker

• All Pro
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 01:28:33 PM »
This is a crossroads game for the Packers.  I believe their season will sink or swim tonight.  Seattle is right there in that WC mix.  This game could go a long way in determining a lot of things for the future of the current Packer organization.

SEA was effectively eliminated with last weeks loss to the Rams. They're not going to win @NO and will be underdogs @CAR, vs. KC and MN. They'll have to pull upsets in 3 of those 4, and win all the rest, to get to 10-6. Obviously, they're not officially eliminated yet but, in light of their remaining schedule, tonight becomes an absolute must-win if they want to stay alive. Their motivation couldn't be higher.

GB, on the other hand, can drop two more games and still have a chance. They've stunk on the road. They haven't faced a good running QB all season. Their safety position is sketchy and Josh Jackson will have to start in place of King again. Not good against a QB who regularly extends plays and can beat the blitz. All signs point to a good offensive showing for SEA. Defensively, they'll stack the box vs. Jones, double Adams all night, rush four and take their chances with everyone else. GB will probably need to score ~30 and SEA is only yielding 21 ppg. A tall order without multiple turnovers. Who knows, maybe Rodgers catches fire and/or McCarthy compensates with a superior game plan. We'll see. 

In short, I'd be very surprised if GB wins tonight.

Offline JerryA

• Second String
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:44:14 PM »
Packers 27 Seattle 16.

1. AR has an good but not great game.  Takes the under neat stuff to convert  the 3 rd downs. 
2.  Jones has a good game, not great but rushes for 100 +.
3.  Defense has been trending upward so they will take another step upwand and will have their best game to date containing both the rushing game and passing game to average yards.
4.  We are better without Cobb....Both rookies are better and will make key plays.
5.  The one I'm worried about the most is the ST.  If they just play average and do nothing stupid we should be OK.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »

SEA was effectively eliminated with last weeks loss to the Rams. They're not going to win @NO and will be underdogs @CAR, vs. KC and MN. They'll have to pull upsets in 3 of those 4, and win all the rest, to get to 10-6. Obviously, they're not officially eliminated yet but, in light of their remaining schedule, tonight becomes an absolute must-win if they want to stay alive. Their motivation couldn't be higher.

GB, on the other hand, can drop two more games and still have a chance. They've stunk on the road. They haven't faced a good running QB all season. Their safety position is sketchy and Josh Jackson will have to start in place of King again. Not good against a QB who regularly extends plays and can beat the blitz. All signs point to a good offensive showing for SEA. Defensively, they'll stack the box vs. Jones, double Adams all night, rush four and take their chances with everyone else. GB will probably need to score ~30 and SEA is only yielding 21 ppg. A tall order without multiple turnovers. Who knows, maybe Rodgers catches fire and/or McCarthy compensates with a superior game plan. We'll see. 

In short, I'd be very surprised if GB wins tonight.

Rodgers is  0-3 in Seattle.  The Packers best shot is Aaron Jones going off, and Rodgers picking his spots for some timely completions.  Seattle is going to run, run, and run some more.  The better running game tonight probably wins this one. 

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 02:53:30 PM »
 It will be a tough game, but I feel like we are the better team. Of course when we need Perry to set the edge and contain the pocket, he's out. Hopefully Jaire can pick off a Russle Wilson floaty pass or 2.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 04:20:44 PM »
Verified account

@TomSilverstein
Follow
Follow @TomSilverstein

More
Only healthy scratches for the #Packers tonight are QB Tim Boyle and OT Alex Light.

Out are:
Nick Perry
Kevin King
Randall Cobb
Kentrell Brice
Lucas Patrick

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 04:30:18 PM »
I believe that MM has managed the playing of the Miami/Seattle games with the idea of using a heavy dose of different players each game. I'm expecting that Williams will get a much larger workload tonight. Graham may get some extra chances this evening also, expecting Rodgers to force him the ball a little against his old team.

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
 May see a big game from MVS.