December 10, 2018, 05:58:00 PM

Author Topic: Rodgers and McCarthy fighting?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:37:32 PM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
Re: Rodgers and McCarthy fighting?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Read the article earlier in the day.  No substance.   My question is where the hell is Philbin in all this?  Have no doubt MM and Rodgers will butt heads occasionally.  They need to get over it work together and get this thing figured out.  Plenty of blame to go around for the both of them. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 07:50:07 PM »
Read the article earlier in the day.  No substance.   My question is where the hell is Philbin in all this?  Have no doubt MM and Rodgers will butt heads occasionally.  They need to get over it work together and get this thing figured out.  Plenty of blame to go around for the both of them.

Philbin is not the HC. McCarthy is, and he is going to run the offense the way he sees fit. Indeed, Rodgers is having a down year for him, but this situation reminds me not only of Favre getting "bigger than the team", but also Jeff Fisher sticking with "his" offense in LA. Once a new coach was brought in, suddenly the team blossomed. Could the same thing happen for the Packers? Why not? Look at Cleveland with a coaching change. Or the Bears. Or Minny. Well, OK, the Lions are still the Lions. But a fresh offensive outlook, and the Packers could be the next Saints offense. And with Pettine having his players having a year to buy into his system, and getting some new parts to add to the mix, plus a change on ST's, and this team would be ready to rock and roll. But it all starts with MM being given the chance to retire with grace and dignity, because he has earned it.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 07:49:52 AM »
Get that Ricky.  Philbin is the offensive coordinator.  If he isn't providing input why even have one?  They should all be working together.  Personally think there is enough blame to go around.  Rodgers isn't playing within the offense.  Some of the calls could be better.  Players aren't executing either.  One thing that hasn't been discussed is Rodgers mechanics are off.  This is a result of the knee injury.  In hinesight the best course would have been to sit him and let the knee heal.  Hopefully once it is he'll get his old form back. 

ughhh it's a damn mess let's face it.  Haven't been this down on the Pack in a long time.   Yes they are still in it but barely.  It's going to take a few years to turn this thing around.  Hiring a new coach isn't going to take us to the promise land next year.  New system takes time to integrate.  View this move as a setback in the short term.  A new coach isn't going to make me excited.  Looks like where we are headed barring a miracle finish.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:50:55 AM by scoremore »

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »
Heard this about Rodgers:

Aaron Rodgers is 0-37....at start of 4th quarter...when behind by 1 point or more...when opposing team has a winning record at that time..

WOW

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 09:51:04 AM »

Aaron Rodgers is 0-37....at start of 4th quarter...when behind by 1 point or more...when opposing team has a winning record at that time..

WOW

Interesting, but how many times has he taken the lead only to have the defense give up the game?  That happened plenty of times in the past 5 years or more.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »

WOW

You could actually fact check this and easily see it is total nonsense. How about beating the Cowboys in the playoffs on 1-11-2015. Or Rodgers to Cobb in the final week of the 2013 season to grab the division away from the Bears in Chicago. Or opening weekend this year against the Bears (or that doesn't count because everyone was 0-0 at the time). At a glance, it doesn't appear to be anywhere near 37 games that could meet that criteria.

This just a silly attempt at discrediting Rodgers. I am all for holding everyone accountable, but lets deal in facts and not some frustrated fans BS.

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 11:59:03 AM »

Philbin is not the HC. McCarthy is, and he is going to run the offense the way he sees fit. Indeed, Rodgers is having a down year for him, but this situation reminds me not only of Favre getting "bigger than the team", but also Jeff Fisher sticking with "his" offense in LA. Once a new coach was brought in, suddenly the team blossomed. Could the same thing happen for the Packers? Why not? Look at Cleveland with a coaching change. Or the Bears. Or Minny. Well, OK, the Lions are still the Lions. But a fresh offensive outlook, and the Packers could be the next Saints offense. And with Pettine having his players having a year to buy into his system, and getting some new parts to add to the mix, plus a change on ST's, and this team would be ready to rock and roll. But it all starts with MM being given the chance to retire with grace and dignity, because he has earned it.

Agree with this. Give MM the chance to retire, but, if he won’t then he should be fired.

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:25 PM »

WOW

You could actually fact check this and easily see it is total nonsense. How about beating the Cowboys in the playoffs on 1-11-2015. Or Rodgers to Cobb in the final week of the 2013 season to grab the division away from the Bears in Chicago. Or opening weekend this year against the Bears (or that doesn't count because everyone was 0-0 at the time). At a glance, it doesn't appear to be anywhere near 37 games that could meet that criteria.

This just a silly attempt at discrediting Rodgers. I am all for holding everyone accountable, but lets deal in facts and not some frustrated fans BS.

Agreed! I hate worthless stats like this. They mean nothing.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member

Offline JerryA

• Second String
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »
1.  Trade AT and keep MM.
2. AR has turned into a Diva.
3.  He's playing for stats...It's either a TD or he'll over through the receiver by 2 yds to prevent the TD to Int ratio the best ever.
4.  With his new contract no HC will be able to control him...
5.  This franchise will be in the tank as long as AR is out QB

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 06:34:07 AM »
3.  He's playing for stats...It's either a TD or he'll over through the receiver by 2 yds to prevent the TD to Int ratio the best ever.

try again?  This couldn’t be more wrong.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 04:04:02 PM »

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »

try again?  This couldn’t be more wrong.

Well, he could advocate trading for Eli or bringing back Favre. Though I don't want to give this poster any new ideas.

Offline Berg

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 09:02:07 AM »
I have often wondered is Rodgers is just too careful, If he would take more chances, yes he would have a few more interceptions, however, we would have a few more wins. I also concur with those he say he seems to always be looking for the big play. I’m not so sure if he even runs the called plays of McCarthy 50 % of the time.

That being said, I am an external optimist and I look forward to this playoff run and ultimate super bowl victory that shocks the nfl........Sorry I fell asleep there for a minute, and was dreaming.

I love all things Green Bay Packers and have my whole life. Go pack, we can do it. Can Kumerow step up, will McCarthy use him?

Is Rodgers a prima Donna who ignores mcCarthys ideas?, No one really knows for sure.