December 10, 2018, 06:13:43 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread  (Read 1563 times)

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Vikings Game Day Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »
There is no way I would have believed the Packers and Browns would have the same record with 5 weeks left

Same record, but two teams going in different directions!

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2018, 01:38:07 AM »
Nothing in the second half works, and it hasn't since the bears game. I wonder if Aaron is tanking. It seems to me and the various odds makers that we should win four of the last five. We'll just see if we do. Or if we continue to be unable to execute.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 01:39:12 AM by marklawrence »
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Offline packdaddy

• HOF Member
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2018, 05:43:48 AM »
Nothing in the second half works, and it hasn't since the bears game. I wonder if Aaron is tanking. It seems to me and the various odds makers that we should win four of the last five. We'll just see if we do. Or if we continue to be unable to execute.

You might be into something re: Rodgers' tanking. He seems so apathetic. He doesn't skip balls at the feet of receivers in the flat and he doesn't overthrow receivers wide open in the end zone. His skill set is well beyond that. Perhaps there is method to his badness, er, madness. Again, reminds me of Favre in Sherman's last season. McCarthy came in and he was a back to his greatness again.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »

All very, sadly true. You didn't mention the abysmal ST's; the slew of injuries that have sidelined players, and players who remain on the field but are less effective because of lingering physical problems, especially on the OL. Rodgers indeed looks increasingly disinterested and depressed. And the biggest problem: no one seems to have any solutions. The team looked energized and offensively efficient at the start of the game, mixing runs and quick release passes on an up-tempo scheme. It worked. But the Vikings also had an an effective game plan, and when the Packers offense started to sputter, McCarthy went back to the same old, stale "pass first" offense that hasn't worked since the Bears game. Especially with two of their starting WR's unavailable (Allison and Cobb). Yes, the rookies have shown flashes, but they are far from consistent threats. Time to reassess the entire team with a pair of fresh eyes.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid