December 10, 2018, 06:16:18 PM

Author Topic: Danno's First 2019 Mock  (Read 527 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Danno's First 2019 Mock
« on: November 21, 2018, 02:53:12 PM »
Round 1a. Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College

Round 1b. Montez Sweat/3-4 OLB/Miss St

Round 2. Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

Round 3. Caleb Wilson/TE/UCLA

Round 4a. Jaylon Ferguson/3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech

Round 4b. Kaleb McCrary/OT/ Washington

Round 5. Zedrick Woods/S/Ole Miss

Round 6a. Kris Boyd/ CB/ Texas

Round 6b. Kendall Joseph/ILB/Clemson

Round 7. Qadree Ollison/ RB/ Pitt

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
Re: Danno's First 2019 Mock
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 04:30:08 PM »
 Nice mock, some new names to read up on. Ferguson and Joseph would be good ones.

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 08:34:20 AM »
I like it overall but I would go for D line higher.   For one Daniels, Lowery and Clark are all FA's at the end of next season.  And this is an exceptional year for D linemen- some have called it a generational draft for this position.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 01:09:19 PM »
I like it overall but I would go for D line higher.   For one Daniels, Lowery and Clark are all FA's at the end of next season.  And this is an exceptional year for D linemen- some have called it a generational draft for this position.

Is using the first of the two 1st round picks high enough?

Zach Allen is a 3-4 DE. He's like 6'4"/290 pounds.

Currently projected to go in the top 15 of the draft.

He would be Mike Daniels replacement. BTW................I've been chirping that Daniels-Clark-Lowry free agent song for the last 2 months. So, yeah, I'm aware.

Clark isn't going anywhere............Yes, he's a FA in 2020. But they can exercise his 5th year option for 2020, and then lock him up long term before 2021 comes around.

Lowry will always be a journeyman/contributor, but never a star. If they like him, they can keep him at a reasonable price (IMO).

Daniels will likely want another big payday, but as we've seen this year, he's starting to break down physically, and he's heading for the wrong side of 30. My thoughts are that he will be the one that will walk in UFA.

Yes, Adams is still around (until 2021), and they also have Looney, Lancaster and Simon, who could still develop into solid contributors.

I see them drafting just one DL, but if someone had a mind to, they could use a mid/late round pick (4th-5th-6th) on another NT type. There will still be decent talent there in the 5th round to grab one (ex: Daylon Mack/Texas A&M)