December 10, 2018, 07:08:18 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Cardinals v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1174 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Cardinals v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: November 27, 2018, 09:18:27 PM »
There are still games to play. And even though with the loss to Minny ended any realistic chance of making the playoffs, the players are not going to quit. At least most of them. This will be a time to see whether the team will be giving more time to backups. Will they be so eager to rush players who are ailing back onto the field? Or will they give them some rest? The OL will certainly be kept as intact as possible, due to Rodgers being the QB. But it would seem that a bigger emphasis on the running game would be a good idea. And if a game gets out of hand, let Rodgers and some of the other wounded players sit and let the backups get some experience. Or will they continue to chase that exceedingly slim chance of making the playoffs, no matter what? Check in the next few weeks to find out.

Oh, also, since the team is playing at home and the Cardinals are a work in progress, expect a win. Whoopee.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:19:41 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
Re: The OFFICIAL Cardinals v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 12:52:39 PM »
Ricky please keep putting up the Official Game Day thread but here in Green Bay News Talk.

One of the Mods will move the thread into the archives forum with the other completed games a day or so after the game is over.

Thanks...
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 03:15:52 PM »
Ricky please keep putting up the Official Game Day thread but here in Green Bay News Talk.

One of the Mods will move the thread into the archives forum with the other completed games a day or so after the game is over.

Thanks...

Sorry  :-[.

Offline LMG

• Global Moderator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »

Thanks...

Sorry  :-[ .

No need to be sorry!!
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 04:05:37 PM »
Well since no one is talking about the game I'll chime in.  For starters tickets are selling for as low as $30 bucks.  Tickets on the 50 yrd line as low as $70.  Haven't seen them this low in forever.  As for the game Packers are pretty beat up.  With the exception of Buffalo we have yet to see a dominating performance.  View this week as no different.  Pack is favored by 14.  If I was a betting man I'd take Arizona and the points all day long. 

One would think the Packer should win this one.  I think they will but it will be closer than I'd like.  On a somewhat positive note if the Packers can manage to rip off 5 straight they have an 80% chance of making the playoffs.  So there is that.  Not going into draft mode until they have been eliminated.  One more loss and they are toast.  Biggest test left is Chicago we'll need all hands on deck to win that one.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 04:16:37 PM »
Well since no one is talking about the game I'll chime in.  For starters tickets are selling for as low as $30 bucks.  Tickets on the 50 yrd line as low as $70.  Haven't seen them this low in forever.  As for the game Packers are pretty beat up.  With the exception of Buffalo we have yet to see a dominating performance.  View this week as no different.  Pack is favored by 14.  If I was a betting man I'd take Arizona and the points all day long. 

One would think the Packer should win this one.  I think they will but it will be closer than I'd like.  On a somewhat positive note if the Packers can manage to rip off 5 straight they have an 80% chance of making the playoffs.  So there is that.  Not going into draft mode until they have been eliminated.  One more loss and they are toast.  Biggest test left is Chicago we'll need all hands on deck to win that one.
[/quote

Where did the 80% chance if they win the next five games come from? I've been hearing the playoff chances at 3-6%, which is a huge disparity. As far as tickets being available, sure, its cold, the opponent is bad and the Packers are playing poorly. At this point, for those who have to travel a few hours or stay overnight, they are asking "Is it worth it?" and clearly deciding, no, its not. Doubtful that a lot of Cardinals fans come to the Frozen Tundra from Arizona in December. So, are there going to be a lot of empty seats Sunday?

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
Wish I lived closer, I'd attend the game for $30 tickets...

This game I feel is going to be very reminiscent of the game vs. the Bills, one I think on paper many of us would consider to be a relatively easy win, granted, no game has come easy for us this season.

Arizona is one of the worst defenses defending the run, feed the ball to Aaron Jones, and don't stop until they can stop him. Definitely not saying this because he is on my fantasy team or anything  ::) Just contain Johnson and force Rosen to beat you.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 09:35:04 AM »
Well I will not be going to this game either, but those that are giving up may be getting off the bandwagon a little early. The Packers season is far from dead. I have only seen one Packers- Cardinals game live and that was at Sun Devil Stadium in September of 2003. It was my youngest sons first Packers game and the heat made the game almost unbearable to stay and watch. What made it a really tough game was that the Packers got beat by a bad, Jeff Blake lead team that day. I'm 0-1 all-time against the Cardinals........for now.   

Packers vs. Cardinals:
Regular season, all-time: 44-23-4
All-time, Postseason: 1-2
All-time, at Lambeau Field: 7-0
Streaks: The Packers have won seven of the last nine regular-season meetings.

Interesting that in their long history that the Cardinals have never beaten the Packers in Green Bay.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 12:00:09 PM »
Forecast for Green Bay on Sunday:
High of 35 degrees
NE winds 15 to 25 mph (gusts to 35)
Light snow mixed with rain/freezing rain (some accumulation)

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 01:34:11 PM »
People are clinging to this season, but I saw a graphic on bleacher report, and the packers need to run the table, and 5 other teams have to lose a combination of games. And one of those teams is Minnesota. And they need to lose 3 I think. This season isnt mathematically dead, yet, but the folks hanging on are really impressive morale wise.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 08:35:56 AM »
The following players have been declared inactive and will not play in Sunday's game between the Green Bay Packers and the Arizona Cardinals:
Green Bay Packers
8 QB Tim Boyle
20 CB Kevin King
26 CB Bashaud Breeland
29 S Kentrell Brice
32 RB Tra Carson
36 S Raven Greene
70 T/G Alex Light

Good to see that Cobb and Bakhtiari are both active.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:48:43 AM »
Our secondary is really dinged.

Seventy dollars for a ticket in Green Bay?

Man, this is really something.

Offline Berg

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »
My understanding is we would need to run the table, then, Carolina, redskins and seahawks must lose 2 out of five, and philly lose one. Minnesota loses three, is separate. I believe today will give us an idea. If we break out and score huge and defense steps up, we could win out.

Our schedule isn’t that difficult. Think about the fact that we really won the first manny game, if Monty stays in end zone very good chance we won that one. We had chances and were very close in another 3 games. This team is not as bad as some think!

Again, if that is true we should demolish the cards today. We will find out very soon.

Go pack

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »
If Rodgers puts that ball out front of St Brown, it’s a TD

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 10:32:12 AM »
Nice play by Jones. Long way to run to get that sack