December 10, 2018, 06:32:36 PM

Author Topic: Our Next Head Coach is ______________________.  (Read 2085 times)

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Our Next Head Coach is ______________________.
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 04:28:14 PM »

Here's my three candidates - Carmicheal from NO, Lombardi from NO and Fitzpatrick from Northwestern.  Guys from NO have it together!!  Fitzpatrick gets the most out of his guys!!!  He relates well to his players!!!  MCcarthy, it was his undoing.  Why Fitzpatrick may have an edge?  Murphy hired him at Northwestern before he left there.  He's done pretty well at that school that was a perennial 0-11 team every year prior to his arrival.  I prefer these three because they understand the importance of both offense and defense!!!

While were in the mode of firing coaches, how the hell is Zook still on this staff?  I could see Moss getting fired, linebackers have sucked since Kevin Greene left!!!!!  That's the real weakness on defense, not our DB's.

Carmichael- Heard he's a big analytics guy.  Been there for awhile, and hes more of the guy you want helping to develop game plans than leading the team.  Very good OC, but as a head coach, I'm not so sure. 

Lombardi - I wouldn't hire this guy in GB just for the name, way too much pressure.    His grandfather is a NFL legend and even bigger in Green Bay.  I wouldnt touch that legacy with a 10 foot pole.  What if he is a coaching disaster?  Preserve Vince's legacy and just leave it be.     

Fitzgerald - Seems to be the flavor of the week.  Not sure the rah rah stuff works so much in the NFL.   You gotta have great coaches around you if you do.  I think he's a excellent college coach,  but whats he going to do for Rodgers?   Feels like a Mike Sherman hire to me, who wasnt bad, but meh.

Lots of potential good candidates out there, and they all have flaws.    We'll see what they do.   

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »
Since Arians is out of the picture, an intriguing replacement candidate would be Todd Monken.  Ideally, you'd like to keep Philbin as HC for a year or two with Monken as OC if he is not ready, eventually taking over for Philbin.  Just look at Tampa Bay with Ryan Fitzpatrick.  They went from zero to heroes overnight.  The offense will be more than OK.  They just can't ignore the defense and special teams like they have for years.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »

Here's my three candidates - Carmicheal from NO, Lombardi from NO and Fitzpatrick from Northwestern.  Guys from NO have it together!!  Fitzpatrick gets the most out of his guys!!!  He relates well to his players!!!  MCcarthy, it was his undoing.  Why Fitzpatrick may have an edge?  Murphy hired him at Northwestern before he left there.  He's done pretty well at that school that was a perennial 0-11 team every year prior to his arrival.  I prefer these three because they understand the importance of both offense and defense!!!

While were in the mode of firing coaches, how the hell is Zook still on this staff?  I could see Moss getting fired, linebackers have sucked since Kevin Greene left!!!!!  That's the real weakness on defense, not our DB's.

Carmichael- Heard he's a big analytics guy.  Been there for awhile, and hes more of the guy you want helping to develop game plans than leading the team.  Very good OC, but as a head coach, I'm not so sure. 

Lombardi - I wouldn't hire this guy in GB just for the name, way too much pressure.    His grandfather is a NFL legend and even bigger in Green Bay.  I wouldnt touch that legacy with a 10 foot pole.  What if he is a coaching disaster?  Preserve Vince's legacy and just leave it be.     

Fitzgerald - Seems to be the flavor of the week.  Not sure the rah rah stuff works so much in the NFL.   You gotta have great coaches around you if you do.  I think he's a excellent college coach,  but whats he going to do for Rodgers?   Feels like a Mike Sherman hire to me, who wasnt bad, but meh.

Lots of potential good candidates out there, and they all have flaws.    We'll see what they do.

Not a Fitz Fan, but the Rah-Rah stuff has worked pretty well to Pete Carroll in SEA.

Having the team "talent" to make it work helps too.

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2018, 04:57:02 AM »
Stay tuned!⏰

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #49 on: Today at 09:09:44 AM »
Matt Campbell signs contract extension at Iowa State.

On Sunday, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard tweeted that Campbell has agreed to a contract extension through 2024.
Pollard added that Iowa State will give Campbell an additional $1 million in compensation for his assistant coaches.

All of the success has made Campbell one of the hottest names in college football. His name popped up in rumors regarding Ohio State and even the Cleveland Browns and Green Bay Packers.

This is one of the names that I know probably didn't excite some Packers fans, but he was a real candidate for the job. One off the short list. 

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #50 on: Today at 02:26:45 PM »
Matt Campbell signs contract extension at Iowa State.

On Sunday, Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard tweeted that Campbell has agreed to a contract extension through 2024.
Pollard added that Iowa State will give Campbell an additional $1 million in compensation for his assistant coaches.

All of the success has made Campbell one of the hottest names in college football. His name popped up in rumors regarding Ohio State and even the Cleveland Browns and Green Bay Packers.

This is one of the names that I know probably didn't excite some Packers fans, but he was a real candidate for the job. One off the short list.

Would that be your short list RT?    ( - ; #