May 19, 2019, 07:38:46 PM

Author Topic: Ted's health  (Read 820 times)

Offline mancl

• HOF Member
Ted's health
« on: December 14, 2018, 06:30:50 PM »
Thompson, 65, has moved back to his native Texas and several of his friends have expressed major concerns about what they regard as his declining health. Thompson is to be enshrined in the Packers Hall of Fame on May 4 but there are questions whether he’ll be able to address the crowd live.

This came from a column written by Mc Ginn

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: Ted's health
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:41:13 PM »
I just hope he's doing okay.  Addressing the crowd is meaningless.  The point is to honor him and his service to the GBP, as long as he understands that, him speaking really doesnt matter. JMO.   

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 09:08:01 PM »
Persistent rumors are that there are mental problems, alzheimers or something.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 07:30:44 AM »
Persistent rumors are that there are mental problems, alzheimers or something.

Either Dementia, or onset of Alzheimers is probably in the wheel house.

I moved my father in with me in 2013 because of Dementia, and he stayed until he passed in 2017.

I have wondered to myself for the last couple-three years if Ted wasn't experiencing something like that, by just looking at his facial expressions (using my father as a point of reference).

Offline CletidusH

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:18 AM »
I remember maybe 3 or 4 years ago, TT had some hip surgery or something of that nature.  When he was coming back from that I heard him interviewed a few times.  He sounded like a 100 year old man, just didn't sound like the same guy.  He did sound better as he gradually recovered, but I suspected back then that he probably wasn't going to be the GM much longer.  It's a tough job even for a younger guy, but if you've got health issues, it can completely wipe you out.

Here's to hoping TT can live out his final years on this earth in a comfortable fashion.