January 18, 2019, 06:16:58 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Falcons v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1536 times)

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
Re: The OFFICIAL Falcons v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2018, 01:16:13 PM »
 Well, it was nice to see them put up points and have fun out there. Things could have went bad if ATL hung on to those picks. Defense played extremely well against a good offense for 3 quarters. Felt like Graham left a couple big catches on the field. Good win, time to stomp the Bears and make a statement.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2018, 01:54:01 PM »
Anyone still interested in tanking the rest of the season to get a higher pick? Or should the team continue to play to win? Bring on the Bears!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2018, 02:09:20 PM »
Anyone still interested in tanking the rest of the season to get a higher pick? Or should the team continue to play to win? Bring on the Bears!

They dont control their own destiny, nor will they beat any playoff team on the field. So yes, increase draftvstick.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »

It's always a good week to beat the Bears. I want those games more than any other every year

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2018, 02:21:31 PM »
It's not over. The Packers are still mathematically alive. This is a must win game, have to win out from here. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...  The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Packers vs. Falcons:
Regular season, all-time: 15-14
All-time, Postseason: 2-2
All-time, in Green Bay: 7-4

Maybe Tramon Williams will return a pick 6 off of Ryan just for oldtime sakes.

Or Breeland does the pick 6 for Williams.

Still mathematically alive ricky and no one in the locker room is giving up for the sake of a better draft pick. Would nice if the Rams and Seahawks would win to close out the weekend. But yes ricky, bring on the Bears!

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2018, 02:35:23 PM »
Still mathematically alive ricky and no one in the locker room is giving up for the sake of a better draft pick. Would nice if the Rams and Seahawks would win to close out the weekend. But yes ricky, bring on the Bears!

To clarify: no, I don't think the Packers are going to make the playoffs. And, as hurt as this team is, all I'm hoping for is spirit, enthusiasm and a willingness to try to win games. Show effort, show pride, show they want to keep their jobs. But playoffs? My wife does an amazingly good impression of Mora doing his immortal rant. Playoffs? Who cares. But winning out, and especially beating the Bears (again) in Chicago, and ruining their chances for the playoffs? That is worth cheering for in this household.

Now, since Rodgers played more efficiently and effectively than he has all year, was he sandbagging it to help get MM fired? And if he did, did the rest of the team take his side by the time of the Cardinal game? Because the new HC is going to have a real job getting him back under control IF this were true. We don't know, but what a difference a game and a HC change made.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 02:40:44 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
 It's been a mess this year, just want to see them play good football the next couple games. Think it's really important for the future of the team. If they are eliminated in week 17, wouldn't be against seeing Kizer.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2018, 03:20:57 PM »
Loved watching the team run down field to protect AR!
“What’s going on out there”

Offline JQ

• HOF Member
« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2018, 09:55:26 PM »
As a Wisconsin born and raised life-long Packer fan, two “theories” I personally find revolting, ridiculous, AND reprehensible:

1. ‘Tanking’ for the sake of moving up in the draft, and yes, I know it doesn’t necessarily mean throwing a game. I understand it might mean playing some of your young backups. As things are they’re already playing several end-of-the bench guys out of injury-induced necessity!

The Packers will have a relatively high pick just in the natural course of events, because I doubt they win out, and if they were to manage to win the final three games they’ll still be somewhere in the middle of the draft order. PLUS, they’ve got a bonus 1st from the Saints. There will still be A LOT of good players who can step right in and have a positive impact as well as fill a need, which are plentiful, for Green Bay!

2. Rodgers intentionally playing poorly to get McCarthy fired. I think the man is far too competitive to do such a thing. For crying out loud, he was intent on burying the competition in Celebrity Jeopardy!

I think it’s far more likely he’s not fully recovered from the knee injury, the collarbone break from last year, or a combination thereof. He got pounded again today, and the human body (especially an aging one) simply isn’t designed to absorb the kind of punishment these cats receive each game.

As for “playing better” this week. Statistically he still has a very pedestrian game, AND I don’t think it’s a bit unusual for a team to respond this way after a “change of coaching” shakeup. It’s like getting a shot of adrenalin. Next week, against a formidable and confident Bears team, I hope they can sustain what they started today!