December 10, 2018, 06:54:26 PM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Falcons v Packers Game Day Thread  (Read 1055 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Falcons v Packers Game Day Thread
« on: December 06, 2018, 05:46:47 AM »
A new era begins Sunday. And a lot of questions will be asked, and hopefully answered. Will the Packers offense be more effective? Will the team respond positively to the change? Will the Packers "pack in" the season by benching Rodgers if the game gets out of hand? Will there be tryouts of newer guys, or will the team actually try to win against the faltering/disappointing/predictably underperforming Falcons? a winnin short, will Sunday be the beginning of the end, or the start of a winning streak the team can build on for next year?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline RT

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Falcons v Packers Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:48:40 AM »
It's not over. The Packers are still mathematically alive. This is a must win game, have to win out from here. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...  The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Packers vs. Falcons:
Regular season, all-time: 15-14
All-time, Postseason: 2-2
All-time, in Green Bay: 7-4

Maybe Tramon Williams will return a pick 6 off of Ryan just for oldtime sakes.

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:35:30 AM »
A new era begins Sunday. And a lot of questions will be asked, and hopefully answered. Will the Packers offense be more effective? Will the team respond positively to the change? Will the Packers "pack in" the season by benching Rodgers if the game gets out of hand? Will there be tryouts of newer guys, or will the team actually try to win against the faltering/disappointing/predictably underperforming Falcons? a winnin short, will Sunday be the beginning of the end, or the start of a winning streak the team can build on for next year?

I must say you really called it concerning the Falcons a few seasons ago after their Super Bowl collapse. They never recovered.

Offline SB XLIX

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 01:03:58 PM »
Isn't their collapse due to the loss of Shanahan? 
Matty Ice has been an illusion most of his career, except for the Shanahan years.

Online Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »
The Falcons have two basic problems.

They do not stuff the run on defense.

The  offensive line cannot make holes for their running backs.

Therefore, teams can just play the pass on them on defense, and run the ball down their throats on offense.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
It's not over. The Packers are still mathematically alive. This is a must win game, have to win out from here. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...  The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!

Packers vs. Falcons:

Lmao bruh, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Not sure if you were just cracking a joke, but you made me laugh regardless. Haha nice.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 06:18:22 PM »

Packers vs. Falcons:

Lmao bruh, the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Not sure if you were just cracking a joke, but you made me laugh regardless. Haha nice.

It's from Animal House. 

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 06:57:16 PM »

You've never seen "Animal House"? Watch it ASAP. Belushi at his best. Ditto John Vernon as Dean Vernon Wormer: "Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 06:58:43 PM by ricky »

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
"FOOD FIIIIGHT!!!!!!!"

Offline SET4YRS

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:58:56 PM »
 It's been a very strange year with lots of good teams having bad years. ATL still has a good offense, pretty much the same players that have torched us for a few years now. Need to see what kind of answer Pettine has for that. Granted, the team is pretty banged up and he will need help from the offense. So need to keep those things in consideration.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:20:37 AM »
Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow
Follow @RobDemovsky

More
"Most of the time, in situations like this, you’ll see players play their ass off," a longtime NFL agent told http://ESPN.com . "They want to show everyone, ‘Hey, we weren’t the problem.’"

Went back and looked at the results of games first after a coach was fired in-season and it is common that that teams win. Even when they are heavy underdogs. The one that stands out to me is the Chiefs with Romeo Crennel replacing Todd Haley and knocking off the then undefeated Packers. I do expect to see the Packers play with the urgency we all wish they would of played with last weekend.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 04:53:51 PM »
I don't see this ending well for GB.

The Falcons have played in cold weather at GB before, and have played well.

Would I like to see the Packers play well & win? Of course.

I just don't see GB ending the downward spiral this week.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »

You've never seen "Animal House"? Watch it ASAP. Belushi at his best. Ditto John Vernon as Dean Vernon Wormer: "Drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

My fault, it's probably been about 20 years or more since I've watched it. And hardly can recall anything but him popping his cheeks lol
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Online Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:54 AM »
"FOOD FIIIIGHT!!!!!!!"

“See if you can guess what I am now”.  “I’m a zit, get it”?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
"You're all worthless and weak! Get down and give me twenty!"