August 20, 2019, 09:08:59 AM

Author Topic: The Greatness of Patrick Mahomes  (Read 1308 times)

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
Re: The Greatness of Patrick Mahomes
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2019, 11:06:38 AM »
KC fired their DC about 48 hours after the game.  It should not have taken that long.

What an atrocious performance. 

They hired the guy I like, Spagnuolo.

Spagnuolo's defensives have regular been on the wrong side of the 20's in rankings except for 1 or 2 years.  They are not gaining much from Sutton.  I would pass.

Online The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 12:39:24 PM »
BTW, if Mahomes does what I think he will do, that is throw for  over 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, he will be only the second QB in history to do so.

It took Peyton Manning about 15 years to achieve that feat.

If he does it, Mahomes will have achieved it in his first season.

Is Mahones having a season for the ages? Absolutely. Will he continue to play at that level for years to come? Ask me at the end of years to come.

Agree, just a few short years ago, Kaepernick was "destined for the Hall of Fame" and RGIII was the Rookie of the Year and on the unstoppable train to greatness.  Funny things happened along the way.    Mahomes greatness will only be determined by his accomplishments down the road.  Great start though.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »
BTW, if Mahomes does what I think he will do, that is throw for  over 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns, he will be only the second QB in history to do so.

It took Peyton Manning about 15 years to achieve that feat.

If he does it, Mahomes will have achieved it in his first season.

Is Mahones having a season for the ages? Absolutely. Will he continue to play at that level for years to come? Ask me at the end of years to come.

Agree, just a few short years ago, Kaepernick was "destined for the Hall of Fame" and RGIII was the Rookie of the Year and on the unstoppable train to greatness.  Funny things happened along the way.    Mahomes greatness will only be determined by his accomplishments down the road.  Great start though.

I would say though, that Mahomes is far more impressive than either of those two. And he is making the throws, not just using his legs, which is something Kaepernick barely ever did.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."