March 19, 2019, 12:36:27 AM

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread  (Read 3179 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:53:58 PM »
Will the magic continue? After the Arizona debacle, I had pretty much given up hope. I still wanted the team to play to win, but playoffs? Cue Jim Mora. Now? I want to see this team win out, and shock the world by making the playoffs. And then? I want them to be the team no one else wants to play. Because they got hot at the right time. The Giants did it twice with a second rate QB and a tough pass defense. Why not the Packers? Will it be easy? Nope. Is it realistic? Probably not. But I prefer hope over despair every time. And sweeping the Bears, the second time in their home? That would be SWEET. So, what has to happen for the Packers to pull off this miracle run? Check it out:

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-packers-path-to-the-playoffs-221

Maybe I've drunk the Kool Aid; maybe I've redonned those Green and Gold glasses; maybe I'm crazy. But being hopeful is so much more fun than being resigned to watching another lackluster, listless, lifeless slog of a football game, where the players seem to be going through the motions, and the QB in particular looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Its time to revive that old feeling- NEVER GIVE UP!
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online The GM

• HOF Member
Re: The OFFICIAL Packers v Bears Game Day Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:30:30 PM »
Huge game for Philbin's future.   Win it and he stays alive with some brownie points for beating the Bears, lose it and he's pretty much done as a HC candidate in Green Bay IMO.   Could always stay on as OC, if chosen.   Really looking forward to this one to see how they respond.         

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:12:23 PM »
Heads up...this thread is about Game Day with the Bears.

Please don't stray so far off topic!!

Some posts have been removed but the authors can certainly post them in appropriate threads.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:28:44 PM by LMG »
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:23:36 PM »
Packers vs. Bears:
Regular season, all-time: 96-93-6
All-time, postseason: 1-1
All-time, in Chicago: 49-52-2
Streaks: The Packers have won five consecutive regular-season games against Chicago and 15 of the last 17 meetings.

First one to a 100 wins is the winner?

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
Packers vs. Bears:
Regular season, all-time: 96-93-6
All-time, postseason: 1-1
All-time, in Chicago: 49-52-2
Streaks: The Packers have won five consecutive regular-season games against Chicago and 15 of the last 17 meetings.

First one to a 100 wins is the winner?

First Favre and then Rodgers have definitely been Bear killers. So, will this continue on Sunday? I'm thinking the Bears left a lot on the field in their win over the Rams, and will have a let down in this game, while the Packers will play with renewed energy and focus. That is just a feeling, but its a good feeling. Something that has been missing in recent weeks.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 11:08:53 PM »
Let's see if the game plan is smart enough to include some quick passes and uptempo series this time. And will they again pull Aaron Jones for a quarter at a time for no apparent reason? Sunday will tell!
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 08:04:14 AM »
It's going to be tough to get a win in this one.  Bulaga out not sure on Breeland.  We are playing with half a roster.   If they pull off the upset I'll be impressed.  Don't think it's fair to judge Philbin solely on this game tho.  Agree with Shinesman.  Need up tempo quick passing game.  If Rodgers tries to do the sandlot thing he'll get killed.  The Pack should be up for this one.  Expect a good game.  Not going to predict a final outcome on this one as I have no idea.  I'd take the under though.  It will be a low scoring tough battle.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
6 starters on IR, 7 if counting Jake Ryan as a starting early down ILB. IR for Davis who is clearly the team's best return man and gunner. 4th round rookie guard never reported. Since the Clinton-Dix trade, the safety depth has gone on IR.

Starting DE, DT, Outside WR, CB, OLB, and RG all on IR. Most of those are some real vital positions. Losing your supposed #1 CB and pass rusher to IR will finish many defenses off. This is a vastly different team than the Bears saw in week 1. Not really for the better.

The injuries here got old years ago. It's discouraging seeing our injury report and IR list and then seeing the opposition with a full cast of key players and few if any guys missing practice.

Everyone knows the reasons why each and every player needs to and should step up for this specific game. There's a whole laundry list of reasons. It's going to be a tough task to put up more than 20 against that gelling defense. Packers/Bears football in December with the Bears not being a pushover. Sign me up...can't wait until Sunday!

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 04:51:07 AM »
Trust me.

The Bears remember Week 1 all too well. They still taste it, and they don't like it.

It won't be a repeat, they'll make sure of it.

Bears 31
Packers 10

Please make me eat crow Aaron.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 08:52:39 AM »
Trust me.

The Bears remember Week 1 all too well. They still taste it, and they don't like it.

Bears 31
Packers 10

I see what you are doing there danno!

Agree that most indicators point strongly in the Bears favor, but their is a reason they still play the game and the Packers are not without a punchers chance.

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
Trust me.

Bears 31
Packers 10

I tend to agree with this. We have lost so many players to injury its sickening. The bears have one person on their injury report. They are the best defense,  can run the ball, and have some good young offensive weapons. Combine that with us having a tough time stopping runners, and no real ability to rush the passer, it's likely a blowout
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:26 PM »
Trust me.

Bears 31
Packers 10

I tend to agree with this. We have lost so many players to injury its sickening. The bears have one person on their injury report. They are the best defense,  can run the ball, and have some good young offensive weapons. Combine that with us having a tough time stopping runners, and no real ability to rush the passer, it's likely a blowout

Sadly, yes. :(
“What’s going on out there”

Offline craig

• HOF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
Objectively, they should beat us pretty soundly.  But Any Given Sunday and all that.  Upsets and flukes where the lesser team beats a superior team happen often.  Might not hurt to play as the obvious underdog, either.  We'll see if the Packers can make it a fun game and make the Bears fans sweat it. 

Packers haven't won a road game yet; would be fun to break out and win the first one against the division leader!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:28:05 PM by craig »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 08:36:21 AM »
Green Bay Packers not active today,

8 QB Tim Boyle
21 CB Natrell Jamerson
56 G Nico Siragusa
75 T Bryan Bulaga
77 G/T Adam Pankey
91 LB Kendall Donnerson
97 DL Kenny Clark

Kenny Clark not playing is a major blow to their already slim chances. This will make it all the sweeter when they pull the upset. #shocktheworld

Online Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 10:02:55 AM »
Just saw a team stream tweet. It said, packers leap-frogged bears to draft spriggs, whom the bears wanted. Then the bears beat us in the trade for Mack. And they will face each other today. I'm going to call that matchup a win for the bears already.