June 16, 2019, 05:37:37 AM

Author Topic: Danno's 2nd 2019 Mock  (Read 941 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Danno's 2nd 2019 Mock
« on: December 19, 2018, 08:01:57 PM »
Earlier I posted the following draft:
Round 1a. Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College

Round 1b. Montez Sweat/3-4 OLB/Miss St

Round 2. Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

Round 3. Caleb Wilson/TE/UCLA

Round 4a. Jaylon Ferguson/3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech

Round 4b. Kaleb McCrary/OT/ Washington

Round 5. Zedrick Woods/S/Ole Miss

Round 6a. Kris Boyd/ CB/ Texas

Round 6b. Kendall Joseph/ILB/Clemson

Round 7. Qadree Ollison/ RB/ Pitt

I've made a few adjustments since then based on info that I've been digging into.

First. Let me say that I've been encouraged by how Montravious Adams, Lancaster, and Fadol have played as of late.
Second, Breeland has played well when healthy and is worthy of resigning, so they should have talent/depth at CB

I'm hoping that Gute will be an aggressive player in FA for RT and Safety, and part of my logic for this draft.

Round 1a. Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College (Solid against run and pass. Had 61 tackles, 14.5 TFL's, and 7 sacks in 2018 and 100 tackles in 2017)
Round 1b. Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College (Plug and Play OG. Solves the problem at RG from day 1)
Round 2. Jaylon Ferguson/3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech (Rising up draft board. Had him later before. But his production has changed his ranking)
Round 3. Andre Dillard/OT/Wahington St (Excellent pass pro OT, but needs to get stronger for run game. Would be great swing OT to start with)
Round 4a. Kenny Willekes/3-4OLB/Mich St (Under the radar player who posted 76 tackles, 20.5 TFL's, and 8.5 sacks this year)
Round 4b. Alize Mack/TE/Notre Dame (Under sized and under used quick "Move" TE)
Round 5. Wes Hills/RB/Slippery Rock (Little bit bigger RB at almost 220. Averaged about 7 yds/carry this year)
Round 6a. Zedrick Woods/S/Ole Miss (Depth at Safety)
Round 6b. Khalil Hodge/ILB/Buffalo (Tackling machine at Buffalo.)
Round 7. Corbin Kaufusi/3-4 DE/BYU (He abused WI OT Edwards earlier this year. In 2018 he had 56 tackles, 9.5 TFL's, and 8.5 sacks.)

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
Re: Danno's 2nd 2019 Mock
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:32:27 PM »
Earlier I posted the following draft:
Round 1a. Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College

Round 1b. Montez Sweat/3-4 OLB/Miss St

Round 2. Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College

Round 3. Caleb Wilson/TE/UCLA

Round 4a. Jaylon Ferguson/3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech

Round 4b. Kaleb McCrary/OT/ Washington

Round 5. Zedrick Woods/S/Ole Miss

Round 6a. Kris Boyd/ CB/ Texas

Round 6b. Kendall Joseph/ILB/Clemson

Round 7. Qadree Ollison/ RB/ Pitt

I've made a few adjustments since then based on info that I've been digging into.

First. Let me say that I've been encouraged by how Montravious Adams, Lancaster, and Fadol have played as of late.
Second, Breeland has played well when healthy and is worthy of resigning, so they should have talent/depth at CB

I'm hoping that Gute will be an aggressive player in FA for RT and Safety, and part of my logic for this draft.

Round 1a. Zach Allen/3-4 DE/Boston College (Solid against run and pass. Had 61 tackles, 14.5 TFL's, and 7 sacks in 2018 and 100 tackles in 2017)
Round 1b. Chris Lindstrom/G/Boston College (Plug and Play OG. Solves the problem at RG from day 1)
Round 2. Jaylon Ferguson/3-4 OLB/Louisiana Tech (Rising up draft board. Had him later before. But his production has changed his ranking)
Round 3. Andre Dillard/OT/Wahington St (Excellent pass pro OT, but needs to get stronger for run game. Would be great swing OT to start with)
Round 4a. Kenny Willekes/3-4OLB/Mich St (Under the radar player who posted 76 tackles, 20.5 TFL's, and 8.5 sacks this year)
Round 4b. Alize Mack/TE/Notre Dame (Under sized and under used quick "Move" TE)
Round 5. Wes Hills/RB/Slippery Rock (Little bit bigger RB at almost 220. Averaged about 7 yds/carry this year)
Round 6a. Zedrick Woods/S/Ole Miss (Depth at Safety)
Round 6b. Khalil Hodge/ILB/Buffalo (Tackling machine at Buffalo.)
Round 7. Corbin Kaufusi/3-4 DE/BYU (He abused WI OT Edwards earlier this year. In 2018 he had 56 tackles, 9.5 TFL's, and 8.5 sacks.)

You forgot to breakdown Sweats numbers. I watched his tape and he is big, has a wing span, fast, and should be at least an above average player in the league who could sniff an all-pro selection or two.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline SET4YRS

• All Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
 Yeah, Lindstrom or Cody Ford could be the way to go in the 2nd. Sweat could end up being our 1st pick if he shows well through the process and we win against Detroit.

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 01:28:06 AM »
Danno, with those pass rushers, on defense it's ready, steady, CHARGE. On the (new) O line it's ready, steady, CRUSH. Good fun. I'd have the safety and RB addressed earlier than you, but your picks would be a lot of fun.
(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"