July 21, 2019, 06:08:25 PM

Author Topic: 1st round favorites  (Read 5194 times)

Offline morango

• HOF Member
Re: 1st round favorites
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 06:39:30 PM »
At this early point in the process, my first round favorites are listed below. I am trying to think realistically about who will be available, who is most likely to provide value as an immediate impact player, and what the packers current needs are, pre-Free agency.

If we stay at #12, my favorites for that pick are ILB Devin White, EDGE Clelin Ferrell, DL Jeffery Simmons, and OT Jonah Williams.

Staying at #30, there is a lot less clarity, but I really like DT Jerry Tillery, EDGE Chase Winovich, TE Irv Smith, OG Dalton Risner, TEs Hockenson and Fant, and WR Kelvin Harmon.

Ideally, I would love to see the packers trade back to the 16-20 range, select OL Cody Ford from Oklahoma, and nab another 2nd  day pick in the process. IMO Cody Ford might be the type of athletic, tough-as-nails, mauler to really power up the offensive line to the next level. We will see.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
At this early point in the process, my first round favorites are listed below. I am trying to think realistically about who will be available, who is most likely to provide value as an immediate impact player, and what the packers current needs are, pre-Free agency.

If we stay at #12, my favorites for that pick are ILB Devin White, EDGE Clelin Ferrell, DL Jeffery Simmons, and OT Jonah Williams.

Staying at #30, there is a lot less clarity, but I really like DT Jerry Tillery, EDGE Chase Winovich, TE Irv Smith, OG Dalton Risner, TEs Hockenson and Fant, and WR Kelvin Harmon.

Ideally, I would love to see the packers trade back to the 16-20 range, select OL Cody Ford from Oklahoma, and nab another 2nd  day pick in the process. IMO Cody Ford might be the type of athletic, tough-as-nails, mauler to really power up the offensive line to the next level. We will see.

If they trade back they are guaranteed to pick a DB lol
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline OneTwoSixFive

• HOF Member
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »

According to the classic Jimmy Johnson trading chart, Equal value for moving down from #12 to #20 gives a 350 point difference, which equates to the round 2, pick #55 (they also have 44 as their own pick). Of course if Ferrell or Ed Oliver are there, I wouldn't be trading back. At this time I'd go for OT Dillard with pick 30. I'm struggling for a guy I really like at #20. Polite maybe (who is probably gone by then).

My favourite scenario at the moment is to trade for a late round 2 pick for OG Lindstrom.

One more thing about trade value charts. Generally, they don't include comp picks, so for an easy guide to a picks real value, go down seven spots for both of your 4th round picks, 12 spots for the 5th round, 16 for the 6th round picks and 26 for 7th (figures are from overthecap predictions).

If you prefer the Harvard chart https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pages/the-harvard-trade-value-chart
If you prefer the classical Jimmy Johnson one https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?Req

(ricky) "Personally, I'm putting this in a box, driving a stake through its heart, firing a silver bullet into its (empty) head, nailing it shut, loading it into a rocket and firing it into the sun. "

(Pink Floyd) "Set the controls for the heart of the sun"

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »
Verified account

@AdamSchefter
Follow
Follow @AdamSchefter

More
From @mortreport and me: Mississippi St. DT Jeffery Simmons, projected to be a top 15-pick in April, suffered a knee injury during training that is thought to be a torn ACL, per league sources. A statement to offer clarity on Simmons' injury is expected to be released today.

Karma is a b*tch.