January 18, 2019, 06:07:57 AM

Author Topic: First Mock in Years  (Read 890 times)

Online Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
First Mock in Years
« on: December 30, 2018, 04:55:13 PM »
With all the changes with the Firing of Mike McCarthy and the Packers selecting a defensive minded coach to replace him. The coach will bring in a new defense and call it however will keep Pettine as an experienced NFL coach that can run a 3-4 and 4-3. Plus Pettine can relay information from the booth. This will push the issue of replacing CM3 with finding a decent 4-3 defensive end.

Pick 12:
Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan

Pick 32:
Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
Picked to replace Bulaga eventually

Pick 44:
Clayton Thorson, QB, Northwestern
He is better than what he grades and may have experience in the Packers new offense or similar offense. Will need time to sit to learn the NFL game and study tape of both of predecessors. He is better than Kizer.

Pick 76:
Isaiah Simmons, S, Clemson

Pick 108:
Kendall Blanton, TE, Missouri

Pick 112:
Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

Pick 140:
Khalil Hodge, OLB, Buffalo

Pick 172:
Zack Bailey, G, South Carolina

Pick 184:
 Calvin Throckmorton, OT, Oregon

Pick 204:
Cody Thompson, WR, Toledo

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
Re: First Mock in Years
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 07:05:36 PM »
QB at #44 in what has been called a very weak QB class? No thanks. Besides, lets see what develops in FA before we decide what positions the Packers need to address in the draft. I get the feeling they'll sign a safety and quite possiblly a LBer, so they'll have more flexibility when the draft rolls around. But besides the QB, I like the positions you've chosen to draft. The players? Who knows. That's always a crap shoot.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »
If you didn't notice that pick was made due to the consideration of Fitzgerald being hired as head coach. Thorson talent wise is on par with Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith during that years weak class. Thorson has the ability to be just as good as Rodgers was. All he needs to do is have time to mature behind Rodgers like Rodgers did behind Favre and if he doesn't he will be on the same level as a young Alex Smith with the 49ers.

Online marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 10:36:47 PM »
If you didn't notice that pick was made due to the consideration of Fitzgerald being hired as head coach. Thorson talent wise is on par with Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith during that years weak class. Thorson has the ability to be just as good as Rodgers was. All he needs to do is have time to mature behind Rodgers like Rodgers did behind Favre and if he doesn't he will be on the same level as a young Alex Smith with the 49ers.

Rodgers is possibly the most talented QB in the history of the NFL. It's simply not credible to name some random college guy and say he has the ability to be just as good as Rodgers.
I'm a Deplorable Freeloader, clinging to my Guns and Bible! And Proud of it!

Online Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 05:47:33 AM »
Mark you are really taking it out of context.

Coming out of College they were the same level. His ball delivery, motion, and pocket presence are very similar.

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 05:05:43 PM »
Mark you are really taking it out of context.

Coming out of College they were the same level. His ball delivery, motion, and pocket presence are very similar.

Sorry, the Packers were extremely lucky to get back-to-back HOF QB's. The last time I recall that happening was Montana/Young. To expect a third lightning strike is extremely wishful thinking. A lot of college QB's are at the same level coming out of college. Not many of them have the computer like mind of Rodgers, or the uncanny accuracy, along with an ability to run. So, I'll agree to disagree with you, but side with Mark on this issue.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:54 AM »
Looked up Thorson.  Late round prospect.  No problem with drafting a QB.  If it's Thorson he's looking like a 6th rounder.  No need to burn a high pick on him.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 10:00:34 AM »
Looked up Thorson.  Late round prospect.  No problem with drafting a QB.  If it's Thorson he's looking like a 6th rounder.  No need to burn a high pick on him.

You must be looking at Drafttek. They do goofy ranking a lot of the time. Balance them against other sites, don't use just them.

WaltersFootball has him as a 2nd/3rd round pick. He played well this season and also played well in their bowl game last night.

Late 2nd to early 3rd is about the right spot for him. I like him enough that if GB used their 3rd round pick on him I'd be happy.

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 12:37:03 PM »
I doubt you see Nelson in this draft. Too deep at DE. Hockenson is a probable.

Online scoremore

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:17 AM »

You must be looking at Drafttek. They do goofy ranking a lot of the time. Balance them against other sites, don't use just them.

WaltersFootball has him as a 2nd/3rd round pick. He played well this season and also played well in their bowl game last night.

Late 2nd to early 3rd is about the right spot for him. I like him enough that if GB used their 3rd round pick on him I'd be happy.

Yes I was.  Boards are all over the place right now.  CBS has him at 79.  Just too early yet.  Need a new site.  CBS used to be superb.  Not anymore.  Drafttek is ok.  Hit Walters once in awhile.  I suppose as the draft gets closer the boards will solidify.  Usually not in draft mode this time of year.  Hey on the bright side  Milwaukee is having a great year.  First the Brewers now the Bucks.  The Bucks look dominant.  Marquette and Badgers too.  So Wisconsin sports maybe be ok.  Was a rough year for football.  ughhh....
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 12:08:32 AM by scoremore »