June 26, 2019, 09:44:08 PM

Author Topic: Joe Arrigo-Is this guy the guy I think it is?  (Read 1217 times)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
Joe Arrigo-Is this guy the guy I think it is?
« on: December 30, 2018, 07:32:18 PM »
Was reading this at CheeseheadTV, and saw a familiar name. Anyone know if this is the same guy who used to post at PC back in the day? I seem to remember he used to have a regular feature of NFL rumors. He was gone for a while, and when he came back, was roundly mocked and practically forced off the forum. His name appears in the second paragraph.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/report-packers-to-request-interview-with-patriots-oc-josh-mcdaniels-710
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline ramrod

• Starter
Re: Joe Arrigo-Is this guy the guy I think it is?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 11:54:05 PM »
Yep, that is him. He also works for UNLV. I am friends with him on Facebook. Still keep in touch with him.

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 10:18:20 AM »
I do too, but I haven't heard from him in a couple years. He's gone all quiet.
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »
Was reading this at CheeseheadTV, and saw a familiar name. Anyone know if this is the same guy who used to post at PC back in the day? I seem to remember he used to have a regular feature of NFL rumors. He was gone for a while, and when he came back, was roundly mocked and practically forced off the forum. His name appears in the second paragraph.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/report-packers-to-request-interview-with-patriots-oc-josh-mcdaniels-710

Why was he mocked?
“What’s going on out there”

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:49:24 PM »
I do too, but I haven't heard from him in a couple years. He's gone all quiet.

Joe is not 'all quiet" by any means.
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
Why was he mocked?

He used to have a regular feature he would post about rumors from around the league. Some were pretty far fetched, and he admitted that. He used to post regularly, then there was the brou-ha-ha with the guy who set up a competing website, which failed in less than a year, and he disappeared for a fairly long time. Months at least. Then one day he showed up again, put up the rumors, and was roundly attacked for putting up a pastiche of rumors from other sources, and how the entire idea was riciculous, and it also became somewhat personal. So he left.

This is my recollection, not verifiable, rock solid truth. Its culled from memories that are at least a couple years old. So take these recollections with a grain of salt or three.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 08:53:43 PM »
Arrigo does a lot of stuff in Vegas with UNLV and does a lot of stuff regarding the Raiders move to LV.  He's on twitter.  Hes a little more serious there, but you still get the old "sources say" lines he used here.  He drops names of people he's met, its pretty funny watching him trying to build his brand.  Hes a good guy.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:56:23 PM by The GM »

Offline LMG

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
    • Where are we?
If you are not the lead dog the view never changes.