March 24, 2019, 06:11:32 PM

Author Topic: Your Top 3 Coaching Candidates...  (Read 1449 times)

Offline phanatic1

• All Pro
Re: Your Top 3 Coaching Candidates...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 08:03:56 AM »
I have a lot of respect for McGinn and his knowing the ins and outs at 1265 Lombardi.  The rankings of the candidates is surprising to me and has me thinking about things a little differently.  I knew Munchak was highly thought of, but not to the extent as is presented in this piece.  The same for Caldwell.  He comes across as this quiet delegator which sounds as if it is not the case.

Now, I realize this is not a wide array of thoughts about these guys, but when someone inside the league says these things, you have to take notice.  I am still intrigued by Fangio, but if the Bears win today, he won't be available to interview and there has been no indication he is even being considered. 

I could live with the top candidates on the list of McGinn.  But, as with all of these guys, whom they hire as their coordinators is a huge deal. 

Offline pilprin

• Rookie
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 08:11:55 AM »
I just don’t know enough about Munchek to have a strong feeling on him. If Harbaugh gets let go...he is a no brained. Gase is young enough to be a long term answer. Campbell would be ok as well, but I still like ‘cDaniels even with the baggage.

Offline phanatic1

• All Pro
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 08:58:34 AM »
Here is something Mike Munchak would have going for him - is that he and Gregg Williams have a pretty long history of working together.   Say what you will about his track record and all of that, but the guy can coach defense and brings a nasty and aggressive nature to it.  He also has a history with Mike Mularkey, who the Vikings are targeting for their OC job.  If he can bring in veteran coordinators like these guys, he could bring a quick turnaround to the Packers.  Another guy that could factor into the OC job with Munchak - Darell Bevell.  He was in Atlanta and interviewed there, but left without anything in hand and the Falcons say they want to talk with some others. 

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 07:22:27 PM »
Here is something Mike Munchak would have going for him - is that he and Gregg Williams have a pretty long history of working together.   Say what you will about his track record and all of that, but the guy can coach defense and brings a nasty and aggressive nature to it.  He also has a history with Mike Mularkey, who the Vikings are targeting for their OC job.  If he can bring in veteran coordinators like these guys, he could bring a quick turnaround to the Packers.  Another guy that could factor into the OC job with Munchak - Darell Bevell.  He was in Atlanta and interviewed there, but left without anything in hand and the Falcons say they want to talk with some others.

Another thing Munchak has going for him is his first name.....Mike! Number 3's the charm! ::)
“What’s going on out there”