January 18, 2019, 05:43:59 AM

Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 366 times)

Online MO.Pack

• HOF Member
Antonio Brown
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »
So a lot of talk about AB being traded to Green Bay.  At first I thought no way can we afford to sign Brown but after thinking more about the subject and listening to some talk radio out of Kansas City I think it might be just what Green Bay needs to help Green Bay get another super bowl trophy.  My understanding is that the first year of the trade would cost the team that gets Brown 15 million.  Pittsburgh would have to eat the rest of the contract for the first year, roughly about 7 million I believe. This depending on the time of the trade.
    Some would argue that getting Brown would hinder the development of our young receivers, but I think that it would help or young WR by taking more pressure of them.  Adams and Brown would be the best receiving combo in the NFL hands down and maybe it would get the young WR better chance to win their match-ups.  I think back to when Rodgers was slinging the ball all over the field to Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Driver and Finely, man that was some fun times.
     Kansas City has gotten the #1 seed by having one of the most explosive offenses in the league but just a mediocre , bottom ranked total defense at #28.  They have given up 5842 yards and have given up 21.2 points per game.  Green Bay is ranked #22nd overall defensively giving up 5582 total yards and given up 24 points per game.
     Go all out on Offensive and hope your defense can hang on.  We have invested so much on defense in the first round for so many years but not getting good value from it has been crippling.  Send Pittsburgh out second first round pick and another later pick for Brown and let the fireworks start...Go Pack.

Online Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »
Do the Packers need another pre-madonna and locker-room cancer...

Offline ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
This is a guy who quit on his team before a crucial game because his feelings were hurt. This is not the kind of guy I want on my team.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 12:07:00 AM »
Draft and develop then.

Unless you want to settle for Moncrief.

IMO, we also need a tight end.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:54:32 AM »
Everyone hates the thought of a superstar coming to town. Remember,  we have dealt with chumps recently. It's the way of the league now. And honestly, I would take AB as a risk/reward guy. We have dealt with worse, and he would be paired with Adams.....  yea, best tandem in the league. If AR cant get right with that, he needs to go.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."