May 20, 2019, 03:49:09 PM

Author Topic: Antonio Brown  (Read 2431 times)

Offline MO.Pack

• HOF Member
Antonio Brown
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »
So a lot of talk about AB being traded to Green Bay.  At first I thought no way can we afford to sign Brown but after thinking more about the subject and listening to some talk radio out of Kansas City I think it might be just what Green Bay needs to help Green Bay get another super bowl trophy.  My understanding is that the first year of the trade would cost the team that gets Brown 15 million.  Pittsburgh would have to eat the rest of the contract for the first year, roughly about 7 million I believe. This depending on the time of the trade.
    Some would argue that getting Brown would hinder the development of our young receivers, but I think that it would help or young WR by taking more pressure of them.  Adams and Brown would be the best receiving combo in the NFL hands down and maybe it would get the young WR better chance to win their match-ups.  I think back to when Rodgers was slinging the ball all over the field to Nelson, Jennings, Jones, Driver and Finely, man that was some fun times.
     Kansas City has gotten the #1 seed by having one of the most explosive offenses in the league but just a mediocre , bottom ranked total defense at #28.  They have given up 5842 yards and have given up 21.2 points per game.  Green Bay is ranked #22nd overall defensively giving up 5582 total yards and given up 24 points per game.
     Go all out on Offensive and hope your defense can hang on.  We have invested so much on defense in the first round for so many years but not getting good value from it has been crippling.  Send Pittsburgh out second first round pick and another later pick for Brown and let the fireworks start...Go Pack.

Offline Fox_NFLs_GG

• Second String
    • Packer Wire
Re: Antonio Brown
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »
Do the Packers need another pre-madonna and locker-room cancer...

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 09:22:35 PM »
This is a guy who quit on his team before a crucial game because his feelings were hurt. This is not the kind of guy I want on my team.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/31/18163364/antonio-brown-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-drama-locker-room-fight-injury
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 12:07:00 AM »
Draft and develop then.

Unless you want to settle for Moncrief.

IMO, we also need a tight end.

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 02:54:32 AM »
Everyone hates the thought of a superstar coming to town. Remember,  we have dealt with chumps recently. It's the way of the league now. And honestly, I would take AB as a risk/reward guy. We have dealt with worse, and he would be paired with Adams.....  yea, best tandem in the league. If AR cant get right with that, he needs to go.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 11:51:44 AM »
Per sports gambling website BetOnline.AG:

Antonio Brown team first game of 2019 season

Arizona Cardinals 4/1
Green Bay Packers 9/2
Miami Dolphins 5/1
Oakland Raiders 5/1
San Francisco 49ers 5/1
Indianapolis Colts 7/1
New York Jets 10/1
Washington Redskins 10/1
Cleveland Browns 12/1
Baltimore Ravens 20/1
Buffalo Bills 20/1
New England Patriots 20/1

I was surprised we were that high.   This looks good on paper, but you add a bunch of variables and it sinks quickly.   You dont want to deal with this guys off field antics, and sideline stuff.   Hes got some domestic issues to deal with too.  Some may like the idea of what he would bring to the Packers, my concern is what happens when Rodgers goes to Adams three times in a row?   How is Rodgers going to handle being followed up and down the sidelines with Brown in his ear.  Is Rodgers a big enough leader to handle that?   From a Xs and Os standpoint, there's something to like about getting Brown, but you're bringing in a loose cannon to a organization who's locker room may not be able to handle him.

Offline ThatGuy284

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »
15 gms   104 rec   168 targets   1,297 yards   12.5 avg    15 td's   

The good news is those are fantastic stats and almost a mirror of Davante Adams' numbers.  The bad news, despite the numbers, Antonio Brown wasn't happy with his usage in PIT this year or sharing the limelight with JuJu and quit on his team the last game of the season. 

How does one have 168 targets, 104 receptions and 15 td's and bitch about how he's being used?  Or get paid as much as he does and bitch about things like going to meetings.   How would he possibly be happy sharing the limelight with Adams or how would Adams handle a decrease in opportunities?   in GB he's going to see a dramatic decrease in opportunities imo and I don't think that sits well for a #'s before team guy.     For me it's a hard pass on this primadonna.

For the record I'd pass on both, but if it was one or the other I'd welcome Le'veon Bell before Antonio Brown.

Offline PackerJoe

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Just like Bennett when he was here, he is a proven cancer.  He's got talent, but I would prefer Golden Tate and Drafting two good receivers, not the garbage we drafted at WR last year and the garbage we have on the roster after Allison. Kumerow has potential.

IF BROWN CAN PLAY LINEBACKER, I'm in.  Our linebackers suck and may not even start in the AAF League!

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 02:25:41 PM »
Just like Bennett when he was here, he is a proven cancer.  He's got talent, but I would prefer Golden Tate and Drafting two good receivers, not the garbage we drafted at WR last year and the garbage we have on the roster after Allison. Kumerow has potential.

IF BROWN CAN PLAY LINEBACKER, I'm in.  Our linebackers suck and may not even start in the AAF League!

I don't want Brown either. But a "cancer"? The guy was elected MVP by his teammates four times. When he got antsy about his contract and felt ignored by Roethlisberger (who had some MAJOR off field problems earlier in his career) the players opted for Schuster-Smith. But lets see what JJSS can do without Brown demanding double coverage every down. Too expensive, too high maintenance, and do the Packers really want to spend all that money on offense, rather than signing some FA's to shore up the defense, and use the draft to add help on both sides?
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline footballdad

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »

So our receivers all suck? Really? The only packer rookie receivers that had better stats as a rookie than MVS were Sterling Sharpe and Greg Jennings. ESB's were better than Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, and Donald Driver. LOOK IT UP or did all the other guys named suck too?.

Yeah.......Martinez sucks too. Among the league leaders in tackles with 6 sacks thrown in just for the hell of it.

Keep throwing the "this guy sucks" around, much easier than putting coherent thoughts together. The worst players at skill positions in the nfl are incredibly talented. May be worse than the best guys, but definitely do not suck.

Offline Fargofootball

• Starter
  • Please get familiar with our Forums Rules & Guidelines.
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 09:10:25 AM »

1 here Footballdad.
 I like the rookies and we should let them grow through play as they did last year. He have an investment roughly equal to the 4th pick in round four.
We are likely to have gotten great value out of these picks in a year or two. Still lots of reasons to be excited about the 3 drafted WRs, IMHO. 
61 catches for 954 yards is real production for the rookies.
 Frankly I see little need for spending any picks this year on WRs for if you add Kummerow and Geronimo to the rookies we will have a filled out WR corps.
 Only wish we were as solid at OL as WR.

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2019, 08:37:37 PM »
Per Rapaport looks like the Steelers are closing in on a deal to send Antonio Brown to the Bills. Still some things to work out.

Ouch!!!  Not sure Josh Allen is ready for that.

This could get ugly if Brown doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Hes under contract, but....

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:04:45 PM by The GM »

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:22:19 PM by Bignutz »
“What’s going on out there”

Offline The GM

• HOF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 09:26:06 PM »
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-traded-to-buffalo-bills-from-pittsburgh-steelers/

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-traded-to-buffalo-bills-from-pittsburgh-steelers/

Guess it's a done deal.

I dont think this is over.  Brown's instagram post says its fake news.  This soap opera may just be getting started. 

Vic Carucci
@viccarucci
An NFL source says #Bills have inquired about Antonio Brown with the #Steelers, but no deal is imminent. In fact, another league source termed it "unlikely."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:48:14 PM by The GM »

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2019, 05:45:27 AM »
The current lack of accountability and professionalism with those reporting news is disappointing.

Ian Rapoport

Verified account

@RapSheet
Follow
Follow @RapSheet

More
Sources: The #Steelers are closing in on a deal to send star WR Antonio Brown to the Buffalo #Bills. There it is.

Dianna Russini

Verified account

@diannaESPN
Follow
Follow @diannaESPN

More
It was tough to find teams that were in on Antonio Brown, one of those teams though...the Packers. Green Bay was interested and looking to make moves per sources.

Rob Demovsky

Verified account

@RobDemovsky
Follow
Follow @RobDemovsky

More
While the Antonio Brown situation rolls on, the Packers won't jump in now and were not involved before. They never had any conversations with the Steelers about the receiver, according to league sources with knowledge of the Packers' actions.