May 20, 2019, 03:26:53 PM

Author Topic: Eagles vs Bears  (Read 761 times)

Offline yourout

• Starter
Eagles vs Bears
« on: January 06, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »
Eagles are the better team but they keep shooting themselves in the foot.
Interceptions.
Bad penalties.

Offline skcusICH

• HOF Member
Re: Eagles vs Bears
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 05:02:50 PM »
 ;D

Guess those season long proclamations of a Super Bowl appearance by the ol' Chicago fans were a bit premature.

One & Done

That was a great viewing game though. Hard fought both ways, clutch drives by both QB's late in the 4th. Love those types of games. Not a fan of the 40 point shootouts.

Offline RT

• HOF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 05:11:25 PM »
DA Bears!!!

Offline Whiskey Sam

• HOF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
Eagles didn't deserve to win that after the way they played defense on the final drive. The Bears deserved to lose in exactly that way after keeping that bum kicker all season and acting like it wouldn't hurt them when it mattered.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 05:25:53 PM »
For everyone who is so eager to get rid of Crosby, the Bears got rid of Robbie Gould because they thought the could get a backup who was as good or better. Here are Gould's career numbers:

https://www.google.com/search?q=robbie+gould+stats&rlz=1CAACBD_enUS809&oq=robbie+gould&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.6220j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And good kickers are a dime a dozen? https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/ContentGallery/Five-different-kickers-earned-checks-from-the-Chicago-Bears-in-2017-113514574/

Here are Crosby's career stats: https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/ContentGallery/Five-different-kickers-earned-checks-from-the-Chicago-Bears-in-2017-113514574/

Briefly, be careful what you ask for, because you might just get it.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 07:15:04 PM »
For everyone who is so eager to get rid of Crosby, the Bears got rid of Robbie Gould because they thought the could get a backup who was as good or better. Here are Gould's career numbers:

https://www.google.com/search?q=robbie+gould+stats&rlz=1CAACBD_enUS809&oq=robbie+gould&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.6220j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And good kickers are a dime a dozen? https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/ContentGallery/Five-different-kickers-earned-checks-from-the-Chicago-Bears-in-2017-113514574/

Here are Crosby's career stats: https://247sports.com/nfl/chicago-bears/ContentGallery/Five-different-kickers-earned-checks-from-the-Chicago-Bears-in-2017-113514574/

Briefly, be careful what you ask for, because you might just get it.

Love seeing that decision "kick" the Bears in the ass! ;D
“What’s going on out there”

Offline GBRoCk2

• HOF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 08:58:30 AM »
Not often a home team with more takeaways and more offensive yardage loses the game.

The downfall for the Bears this game actually was much similar to the Packers downfall the last so many playoff appearances, settling for field goals instead of converting when in the red zone.

Trubisky did take a step forward this year, but the Eagles sort of shared the blueprint to beat Mitch, and I hoped teams paid attention. Spying Mitch really prevented him from using his ability to run (perhaps because this was because the in-game injury) on third down like he had all season, granted, he did make a number of solid throws in this game, but the Bears went 3 and out quite a bit compared to during the season.

Should be an interesting off-season for Chicago, they are very low on draft picks and spending money, perhaps Fangio leaves as well. Wouldn't shock me to see them bring in a big free agent as one of their lone moves.

Offline TAYLORBOY

• All Pro
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »
The NFL today changed the Kick as missed.....to BLOCKED on the official stat sheet

Not seen that before

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 03:44:57 PM »
The NFL today changed the Kick as missed.....to BLOCKED on the official stat sheet

Not seen that before

Packers season is a disaster. Bad news. The Bears make the playoffs and end their season after their vaunted defense failed to keep the Eagles backup QB from having several successful drives. Priceless. And proof positive that, indeed, the Bears still suck.
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Gregg

• HOF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 04:06:37 PM »
Yeah I agree it was tipped near the line of scrimmage. 

But again, let us all praise God that the Bears made one of the worst draft and trade decisions in recent  memory.

This team would be really scary with Mahomes or Watson.  Trubisky still looks just average to me.

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:57 PM »
Cody Parkey = the new Steve Bartman!
“What’s going on out there”

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:59 PM »
Yeah I agree it was tipped near the line of scrimmage. 

But again, let us all praise God that the Bears made one of the worst draft and trade decisions in recent  memory.

This team would be really scary with Mahomes or Watson.  Trubisky still looks just average to me.

Amen!!!!
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."