February 16, 2019, 06:27:54 PM

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Packers Zeroing In On LeFleur  (Read 3991 times)

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Packers Zeroing In On LeFleur
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2019, 12:09:59 PM »
Instead of paying attention to what the Rams were doing, we should've watched closely at how BB/TB used Edelson & Gronk.

Edelson was in motion, A LOT, so that DB's couldn't get a jam on him at the LOS. Then he used his size/shiftiness to get separation on underneath/crossing/and quick out passes. THAT'S how a slot WR should be used in the game where the defense his playing tight to the LOS to stop the run and are disguising their coverages on the  boundary WR's.

Gronk was open on several intermediate crossing/drag and out moves. The PATS also used a lot of 12 personnel packages to make it look like run, and then passed from it.

MLF should have been watching how the PATS offense was used.

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:50 PM »
MLF should have been watching how the PATS offense was used.

During the game, watching the success on offense in particular, but also defense by the PAts, I kept thinking, "How many fans are asking "Why can't our team do that?" Why not? Because they don't have Belichick and the Pats system, which de-emphasizes stars, and finds ways to utilize the strengths of players. An obvious example is Taysom Hill. NO uses him in ways other teams, including the Packers, would have never have even dreamed about. So, will MLF be a guy who looks at a player, sees that he may not be a starter, but in certain situations, can be very effective? I ceratinly hope so.

This is what I'd like to see the Packers and MLF do- think outside the box, and find ways to use great talent to help the team (excerpt from PFT):

Edelman was a little-known quarterback at Kent State when the Patriots selected him in the seventh round of the 2009 draft.

“It’s kind of interesting,” Belichick said. “I’ve got to give Rick Gosselin credit on that one for getting us started. I talked to Rick — as you know, Rick followed the draft very closely — and at one point, he said to me, ‘A kid you might want to take a look at is this quarterback out of Kent State. I don’t think he can play quarterback [in the NFL], but I’ve heard he’s a pretty good player.’

“So we kind of got going on him a little bit, and we were like, ‘OK, what would we do with Julian? Is he a receiver? Is he a punt returner? Is he a defensive back? Is he maybe a guy that just can play multiple positions in the kicking game?’ So we went out and worked him out. How many times did we work you out? Two? So we sent one coach up there. And then we were like, ‘Well all right, let’s send someone else up there, because we weren’t really sure what to do with him.

“So, as it turned out, he came to the Patriots and caught passes, which he hadn’t done before, returned kicks, which he hadn’t done before, and played defense, which he hadn’t done before, in addition to covering kicks and all the other things in special teams.”

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 02:13:29 PM by ricky »
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2019, 02:31:47 PM »
There is a response to this article at CheeseheadTV. Its the ninth response to the article by Handsback (he has an earlier comment, but the ninth one is the money shot). All the statements are verifiable. And this is something plenty of people have been saying for some time: take the short pass, move the chains, be more boring and more productive and DON"T HOLD ONTO THE BALL TOO LONG. But what do we know? We're just fans.

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/corys-corner-hits-separate-brady-from-rodgers-142#comments-list

"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid