June 26, 2019, 09:26:38 PM

Author Topic: Playoffs thread  (Read 940 times)

Offline marklawrence

• Administrator
  • HOF Member
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 09:12:40 PM by marklawrence »
“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” -- John F. Kennedy.

Offline dannobanano

• HOF Member
Re: Playoffs thread
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:01 PM »
Ricky.
Respect your opinion and posts.
Just going to agree to disagree on Hill.
 hatsoff)

Online ricky

• HOF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 03:40:06 PM »
Ricky.
Respect your opinion and posts.
Just going to agree to disagree on Hill.
 hatsoff)

Thanks, and amicably agreed. Personally, I'm "over the Hill."  8)
"My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope." Ovid

Offline Bignutz

• HOF Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 03:43:42 PM »
-5 predicted for AFC championship game in KC!
“What’s going on out there”

Offline Shinesman

• HOF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 10:56:53 PM »
Actually, he's a swiss army knife player who can do many things, and do them better than average. We saw that today.

I would take Hill as our back up QB over both out current backups..............in a heart beat.

I don't think Mark was insinuating that he would have been the heir apparent to Rodgers.

Nope. He's a player who does good things a few times a season. And why would you take him as a backup QB? Because there is NO evidence he is a competent QB. Just a gadget player who can be utilized in specific roles at specific times. Why is Hill so beloved? Also, if you don't think he'd be the heir apparent to AR, why would you want Hill as a backup? So he could run trick plays four or five times a season? How about a legitimate QB prospect who could be a viable backup or be traded for a decent pick? I simply don't get this outsize respect/love for this guy. It reminds me of the outsize expectations for Janis, or, going back into the QB vaults, being absolutely sure that Craig Nall was going to be a really good QB in the league.

No evidence? You must not have watched his preseason games as a Packer. When he outplayed every QB not named Rodgers by a large margin. Having to play with bubble guys on the oline and the secondary receiving corps, sometimes against a starting d. I remember he made a TD thrown on the run from 20+yards. Hit a receiver also on the run. Dropped the ball right over the hands of a DB in a tig but window. He may be the saints insurance for Brees and even carry the torch when he is done. He is far better than out backups. Classic TT cutting a guy who wasnt on his favorites list.
"Tradition! Just because we've always done it that way, doesn't mean that it isn't incredibly stupid."